Tiggo Morrison
United Kingdom
Bridgnorth
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: StarForce 'Alpha Centauri' fanMicrobadge: Martini lover

Nice review but...

I feel your fixes make this more of a game and less of a simulation.

Argentine forces holding out on the blockaded islands during winter?
No way.

Royal Navy attacking an already out-of-area fleet in its home bases? Not a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Heroes of Might and Magic fanMicrobadge: Hex & Counter WargamerMicrobadge: NATO: The Next War in Europe fanMicrobadge: Crusader Kings II fan - DEUS VULT!Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
Another broken S&T game? Pity that I was planning to play it this November to commemorate its 20th anniversary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Brandon
United States
North Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Avalon Hill fanMicrobadge: Avalon Hill Cup voterMicrobadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: GrognardMicrobadge: I love Oregon - The Beaver State!
Quote:
It is just a planned cleaning procedure.
That does sound like a bit of a problem. You want a game to give you options, not require you to be a robot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hughes
Australia
Surfers Paradise
QLD
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Celtic fanMicrobadge: GrognardMicrobadge: Australian Cricket Team fanMicrobadge: National Rugby LeagueMicrobadge: Netrunner fan
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Another broken S&T game? Pity that I was planning to play it this November to commemorate its 20th anniversary.
Don't touch it, Lawrence, it is a complete dog. In my opinion the worst S&T game I have seen - and I've been playing them since 1978.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eurojuegos Buenos Aires
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Guild Argentina - MiembroMicrobadge: Imperios Milenarios fanMicrobadge: BloggerMicrobadge: Eurojuegos Buenos Aires fan
Thank you z
Very insightful thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Heroes of Might and Magic fanMicrobadge: Hex & Counter WargamerMicrobadge: NATO: The Next War in Europe fanMicrobadge: Crusader Kings II fan - DEUS VULT!Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
Quote:
Due to 1 and 2, before British fleet can achieve the Falkland island areas, both of Argentine and British sunken ships gives Argentine player the victory points. So, Argentine player must attack with his fleet in early game.
But, once British fleet enters the Falkland area, now sunken Argemtine ships generate British victory points as you can understand easily. Then, it is not a good idea for Argentine player to have combat with British fleet. So, he would like to withdraw into his sanctuary, the home land of Argentine. And British player has nothing to do against this strategy.
After this, the only victory points for British player are conquering Falkland areas and eliminate Argentine land force on the island.
I have finished reading the How to Win rules. I can't find where the British player can earn victory point for eliminating Argentine land forces. On the other hand, the British can earn VPs if the Argentinian mobolised more troops. Ceteris Paribus, the British can win the game by taking control of Port Stanley (4VPs) and the four VP land areas and do nothing about the Argentinian fleet in the sanctuary Homeland. The Argentinian can win if they either attack aggressively the British in the open sea early in the game with their fleet (even losing some of them) and the land forces hold onto the Islands before the British operations run out.

Quote:

In other words, once British fleet enters the island the game is not a game. It is just a planned cleaning procedure.
So far, all that sounds historical to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis SAMUEL
France
WANGENBOURG
flag msg tools
Hello,

I'm a french player, and I buy the japanese version of this game, because I like its graphics a lot.

Mr Takashi Ishida, could you translate in english the rules specific to the japanese version, please ?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls