United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughts on EVERY corp card!

Note: when this article was written ONLY the FIRST set was out. Later sets may print cards that overshadow existing cards or counter them, and make them much worse, or allow new combos making something much better.

These are my initial thoughts on the cards after some testing of the new cards. I have also played tons of original Netrunner, dating back to 1996.

Rating system:
There are two ratings for each card, in the format:
/

The first of the two ratings is the IN-faction rating. It denotes how strong the card is typically in the same color deck.
The second rating is for out of faction decks buying it with influence. It denotes how useful it is for other colors,taking influence cost into account. Neutral cards and Agendas don't have out of faction ratings.

: Very strong. Significant splash target for influence point spending. You pretty much always want this in a deck that can play it. If its a card that requires building around, its probably worth doing, to the detriment of cards that don't work well with it.

: Staple. Most decks of this color will use this / other colors will often want to splash this card.

: Moderate. Its probably in your deck at the moment, but when expansions come out you're looking at this as a potential target to cut. Maybe it only works well in a deck that's really focused on it, or it might be a good lategame 1-of card that you don't want early.

: Very niche or bad.

: Even worse.

Neutral Corp cards:

Priority Requisition:
Yeah, its silly to rate agendas right now when you are forced to play them, but if you had choices this one would still be good.

Private Security Force:
And you would cut this one from non-tag based decks. I wont be playing this much after the first expansion comes out.

Melange Mining Corp:
A great way to gain credits in this low-money environment, however you need to defend this for it to stick, unlike Pad Campaign where it gains you a money lead if they simply go run and trash it (without Bank Job).

Enigma:
Yog goes through it for free, but its fine against Gordian Blade. A reasonable card that you're probably playing, but I find myself wishing it was simply: http://www.netrunneronline.com/cards/filter/

Hunter: Super cheap, this can often cost 1 and force the runner to pay 3 early on. Of course, it is weaker or even unplayable in a deck not based around tagging. Its also great with a Chum in front of it!

Wall of Static: The best barrier breaker, Corroder, will spend 2 to break this, making its an efficient early blocker that isnt terrible later. Better than Enigma imo, because it doesn't have a breaker that walks through it for free.

Hedge Fund: You're playing three of these. In original netrunner you were playing 10 of these. Reasonable deckbuilding rules are a good thing. When you see people's decklists who take these out because "I won't have $5", know that they are bad players and don't copy their decklist.

Pad Campaign: Very important income source that gains money advantage when the runner trashes it. Its often best to defend it with one small ice to try and gain more benefit and prevent efficient bank runs on you.

Haas-Bioroid cards:

Accelerated Beta Test:
Build around this by putting extra ice in your HB deck, and more big ice in your deck. HB will likely spend most of its influence on out of faction ice as a result of this card. It also makes Archived Memories good, as it can pull back an Agenda thrown into archives by this card. If not build around this card is risky, but note that the ability say you MAY draw. If you are going to win the game anyway, do not draw! You might throw the game by putting a couple agendas in archives!

Adonis Campaign: /
Really strong money source, it gives the money fast and then disappears, so you can put another asset there or begin using the fort for Agendas. As a result, it should be defended, and then the defenses you place wont be wasted since the fort is reused.

Aggressive Secretary: /
I think that some HB decks wont often advance agendas prior to the turn they score them, using Biotic Labor instead. So the once or twice a game that you actually play a card and advance it, and then give the runner a turn, he will be highly suspicious of a secretary and might use Infiltration to check it. I think the threat of a potential secretary might be more important than the actual follow through. I'd probably average about 1 of these in my deck just to keep runners honest and show that the threat is real. As a splash, it can be a better trap to blow up critical icebreakers than doing a couple net damage or giving one tag.

Heimdall 1.0: /
For a big ice, I really wish it did more damage as a surprise, or actually stopped the runner cold. You can spend a turn simply running through this, so alone its not enough to stop someone. Still, HB plays it because of accelerated beta test.

Ichi 1.0: /
This one however, is cheaper and very destructive if ran into at the wrong time, while still being hard to get through. As long as they have a program out this is pure gold. Splash this ice in many decks, and use three in your HB decks. If the runner hits it without any programs out, I would probably not res this. Keep it as a surprise for later.

Rototurret: /
Its Bandai from original netrunner. Never costs less than 2 to break, and can be a good trap. Nice to have. Works well with corporate troubleshooter.

Victor 1.0: /
Its a decent variant to Enigma, and about as strong, but Yog still rips through it for free. I like this one best as an early defender of an asset like Pad Campaign or Adonis, as it will make their trashing inefficient in time, and its good against Bank Job. Wouldnt use outside of HB, I would rather use Enigma than spend influence on this.

Archived memories: /
I like this as a way to save agendas from Noise' ability and from Beta Tests. Its also good for picking up dead ice from Parasite/Forged Activation Orders (and then for more trickery, immediately laying down a different piece of ice from your hand, preferably with some slight of hand involved in the play to prevent your opponent from noticing it could be a different card). Its also good for returning a lost Pad Campaign or used up Adonis Campaign for additional income. As a splash its not as good, but its still good against Noise, or to recur money cards, count as a second Scorched Earth for your combo, etc.

Biotic Labor: /
This card is good but expensive. In original netrunner it was pretty broken as you had much stronger income sources, but now its more difficult to use. Still, the effect is incredibly strong: sneaking through agendas! Not as good in other decks that wont be as rich as HB.

Shipment from Mirrormorph: /
A card that's narrow but can be build around, this is good on turn 1, but at other times it can be pretty poor. In order to use it you might have to make extra draws, which is something that's often bad for the corp. Also as HB its good to spread out your installations over many turns to get the free credit as often as possible.

Corporate Troubleshooter: /
Well, its similar to the card Sterdroid from netrunner's 'Classic' expansion, and that card was great. I expect this to improve with time and the release or more deadly ice. Ideally you want to use this to massively pump a very deadly ice that also ends the run, on a critical run of your agenda fort. However it has the drawback of not working well on some of the HB ice since they can spend time instead and ignore the strength. You need to add a few out of faction ice that work with it. However, it is amazing with Rototurret, and amazing with Jinteki's Chum (on the ice after Chum, if they continue).

Experiential Data: /
Its okay, sometimes it messes up their math and is great, many times they don't really care and they get through and trash it.

Jinteki Cards:

Nisei MK II:
Wow this is good. This is a big reason to play Jinteki! Get one through, and it makes getting more agendas through much simpler.

Project Junebug: /
Yeah, I'm going to be very wary of your triply advanced asset Mr. Jinteki player. An aggressive secretary is more damaging most of the time with low numbers of advancement counters.

Snare!: /
Save $4 and you can force runners to abort runs in which you dealt them a couple net damage. The threat of this card can be almost as good as it actually happening. But if you don't put it in your deck and it never happens, your opponents will eventually learn that. As a splash, its great in Weyland and NBN as a way to give tags. Especially Weyland, as you can follow up the tag and damage by killing them with Scorched Earth.

Zaibatsu Loyalty: /
Can waste the opponent's time scouting it (or money as well if they are dumb enough to trash it), this helps a lot to prevent infiltration from revealing if something is an agenda or trap. But then thats really all it does. I'd put one in my Jinteki deck.

Cell Portal: /
This card has a potentially strong effect for a rich Corp player, but has drawbacks. First, you have to get it early and play it first in your ice setup or its bad. Second, it doesn't do much until your fort is very big. On the plus side, Akitaro is great with it, as he can keep rezzing it for only 3. Its still a bit narrow however.

Chum: /
Super efficient way to stop a run in the early or midgame, as long as any ice is behind it. Can bait people into traps occasionally if you are low in money and have something like a Hunter or Ice Wall behind it. I would splash this in most decks.

Data Mine: /
Put it in front of your Pad Campaign and see if they are too scared to run on it. Limited but can be useful.

Neural Katana: /
3 Net damage can wreck someone's day, and as Jinteki the threat of more net damage from a revealed Snare or Project Junebug card behind it can add a virtual 'end the run' subroutine onto this as well. Unfortuantely it gets wrecked by Mimic, but its great against Ninja. A good card for guarding non-agenda assets early on, imo. Randomly run my Pad campaign? How about you lose three cards from your hand and potentially lose a needed icebreaker or economy card.
As a splash card, this has the benefit of being deadly out of nowhere. Who expects to take 3 Net Damage against a non-Jinteki deck?

Wall of Thorns: /
Pretty expensive for a card that's only moderately backbreaking, but it will costs them a few credits to run through each time. A solid defender.

Neural EMP: /
Its extremely narrow but has kill potential. Your opponents need to learn to keep large hands against Jinteki. I'm not a big fan of inefficient cards that kill careless opponents but probably wont work against a strong player.

Precognition: /
Very good card that can help you hide agendas and lets you know when R&D can be left alone or if it needs to be defended. A good splash for HB's Beta Tests, but expensive in terms of influence to use that way.

Akitaro Watanabe: /
Saves a few bucks, and potentially costs the opponent 3 if they trash him. Worth playing 1 for sure in Jinteki, maybe two, but he is unique.

NBN Cards:

Astroscript Pilot Program:
The heart of a fast agenda strategy. And its worth 2 points for only 3 advance as well.

Breaking News:
Allows the play of tag cards on the turn you score it, and scores for only 2 advancement! This allows the play of Scorched Earth for a potential instant win!

Ghost Branch: /
Other traps can actually kill you or wreck all your programs.

Data Raven: /
A smart runner will probably just immediately end the run and then work on getting a way to break it. Which makes it a strong sentry with 'end the run'. Weyland should splash this because of Scorched Earth. Jinteki and HB probably shouldn't.

Matrix Analyzer: /
The free advancements are okay, but it doesn't stop them. Good as a part of a defense of something that will get run repeatedly, like HQ or R&D.

Tollbooth: /
The best ice in the game. It never gets cheap to break through, and a good surprise hit as well. Yes, Archer is more damaging, but at a big cost. The only icebreaker that is any good against it is Femme Fatale, which costs 9! And that's only good against one tollbooth that they have already seen!

Anonymous Tip: /
Drawing extra cards isn't really something corps want to do a lot of. This is the only game where an Ancestral Recall can be poor!

Closed Accounts: /
Its hard to make this as punishing as you would like. Runners usually arent super rich cause once they get money they spend it on something. If Weyland tags you they want to kill you, not play this.

Psychographics: /
Prevents your opponent from just accepting their fate and taking a million tags.

SEA Source: /
Weyland wants this more to lead into Scorched Earth. Really only worth it in NBN if you add Scorhed Earth to your deck, but that can be a good thing to do. The fact that this is part of a kill combo is why its playable. Don't play without Scorched Earth.

Red Herrings: /
Messes up the opponent's math and saves your agenda. Best with strong ice forts that other factions can make, like HB.

San San City Grid: /
Allows you to score Agendas really fast, on the turn you play them! A strong card for Agenda rushing. Works well in NBN since its hard for you to actually keep someone out of a data fort who is determined to get through. Just don't leave an agenda there on your opponent's turn!

Weyland Consortium cards:

Hostile Takeover:

Easy money, but at a cost. At least its easy to play and score right away, without needing defense. As Weyland you will probably receive some bad publicity as a result of this card, so plan for your opponent to get free credits on runs, when choosing ice. You'll want a strong defense, and this gives the money to afford it.

Posted Bounty:
A card that is dumb unless you're using it for the cheap combo with Scorched Earth, and then its potentially game winning. As a runner I fear this greatly. As a corp and as a player who like to play control, I hate to rely on such a cheap trick to win the game. I see the Bounty/Scorched Earth combo as a secondary backup win condition, but you shouldn't ignore the standard victory condition. Its better to be versatile and able to win either way.

Security Subcontract: /
It trashes weak ice lategame for income, so it might be a reasonable 1-of in a deck.

Archer: /
Good with Weyland 1 point agendas, it has massive surprise value. Outside of Weyland I would only consider it for HB with their Accelerated Beta Tests.

Hadrian's Wall: /
Expensive for a card that only stops them and does no damage of any kind. Not really worth splashing due to high influence cost, high credit cost, and low surprise value. Even for HB's data test, I would add other out of faction ice instead.

Ice Wall: /
Super efficient and a great splash for all corp decks. I think most corps should play three.

Shadow: /
Its a deterrent, not a way to actually stop them, but its and efficient deterrent. I like it as a protector of assests. They waste a lot of resources trashing a pad campaign through this. Its a way to tag for scorches earth, so Weyland probably plays it.

Aggressive Negotiation: /
I have to score an agenda with extra clicks left over to play this? Not that exciting. But it does find a Scorched Earth after you start the turn by scoring a Posted Bounty. Works in NBN as well with Breaking News and Scorched Earth. Basically it's purpose is to grab Scorched Earth, and then kill. So limited but when it works it wins the game.

Beanstalk Royalties: /
Great in Weyland, okay in others.

Scorched Earth: /
A cheap, underhanded, secondary win condition. Definitely include it in Weyland and make it a real threat, it will pull out games you are losing sometimes. Don't consider it the only way to win, be able to win normally as well. It annoys me that there is not good meat damage defense in the game right now. Crash Space is trashable with a tag, an you're going to be tagged if they are going to Scorched Earth you. I would strongly consider it for NBN as well, but its not worth it in Jinteki or HB. Good with Sea Source as a way to tag on your turn.

Shipment from Kaguya: /
Good with Weyland advancable ice.

Research Station: /
Not very exciting right now. They get through HQ once and they'll trash it, so its not like it makes HQ this place to permanently hide one agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Really feel Melange is overrated. It's improved over its classic counterpart but it's too vulnerable and too inflexible for the benefit, honestly.

Adonis and PAD campaign are great, not just because they're high income assets, but because they cost a non-trivial amount of money to trash. They efficiently drain money from the runner. SanSan City Grid has this benefit as well. It's a must-trash for the runner but the cost is high and you don't need to rez it until you can make maximal use of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:
Really feel Melange is overrated. It's improved over its classic counterpart but it's too vulnerable and too inflexible for the benefit, honestly.

It could be. It requires protection, it requires a whole turn to use, and it's easy to trash.

However, its also hard to get money right now, and this card has large money potential. Thats my reasoning at least.

Quote:

Adonis and PAD campaign are great, not just because they're high income assets, but because they cost a non-trivial amount of money to trash. They efficiently drain money from the runner. SanSan City Grid has this benefit as well. It's a must-trash for the runner but the cost is high and you don't need to rez it until you can make maximal use of it.

YES!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Bush
United States
Narberth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Every runner deck out there has 3x Infiltration; Zaibatsu Loyalty turns those cards into a waste of time. Ordinarily not very good, but...

Here's a combo to consider: Matrix Analyzer + Project Junebug/Agenda + Zaibatsu Loyalty. On your turn, plop a card down behind Matrix Analyzer, advance it twice. Is it Junebug? If so, and runner runs against it, runner (most likely) gets flatlined. If runner passes on a run, runner concedes if it's an Agenda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
fbush555 wrote:
Every runner deck out there has 3x Infiltration; Zaibatsu Loyalty turns those cards into a waste of time.

Yeah, I ignored Zaibatsu Loyalty, but then I noticed that literally every runner deck I played with had 3x Infiltration, and I'd sometimes even toss Lemuria in a criminal deck. Knowledge is power. I'm not sure I'd go out of faction for it, but it's reasonable. And at a 0 cost-4 trash, I'm willing to toss it out without too much defense (or none, if I weren't expecting Bank Run. But I am).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
People using PAD and Adonis like that is a good reason why many Runner decks should be using Bank Job x2-3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AstroLad wrote:
People using PAD and Adonis like that is a good reason why many Runner decks should be using Bank Job x2-3.

Yes. Bank Job is great.
I am definitely trying to defend my Asset cards with one ice. Put a Viktor/Enigma/Wall of Static/etc in front of it and you make Bank Job inefficient. It works in my high ice HB deck. Dont know if it still works in others though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
fbush555 wrote:
Every runner deck out there has 3x Infiltration; Zaibatsu Loyalty turns those cards into a waste of time.

Yeah, I ignored Zaibatsu Loyalty, but then I noticed that literally every runner deck I played with had 3x Infiltration, and I'd sometimes even toss Lemuria in a criminal deck. Knowledge is power. I'm not sure I'd go out of faction for it, but it's reasonable. And at a 0 cost-4 trash, I'm willing to toss it out without too much defense (or none, if I weren't expecting Bank Run. But I am).

Yes, most people run Infiltration. I'd definitely put a Zaibatsu Loyatly in Jinteki. Not sure if its worth splashing for, but if you have points free its fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for not being completely familiar with the terminology, but what does "splash" mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sleaze
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
postm wrote:
Sorry for not being completely familiar with the terminology, but what does "splash" mean?

Playing a card in a deck that does not match the faction card.
(Playing as Jinteki and playing Ice Wall from Weyland, you could say you splash the Ice Wall in a Jintekti Deck)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:

Agreed. This is not a very good card. 1-star at best. The deck slots it uses can be put to much better effect splashing Adonis and Hedge Fund (one click to install Adonis in a fort I'll later use for agendas, then no clicks to take 3 bits/turn plus 1 click for 4 are both much better returns).

Corp clicks are precious. Using an entire turn for a measly 7 bits is a bad deal (3x Hedge Funds would net 12--and card advantage doesn't really make up for it since MMC's low trash cost requires using ICE to protect it) and deckbuilding in expectation of doing so puts the Corp behind the 8-ball before the game even begins. This was literally the first card I pulled from the standard starter decklist to make room for OOF cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amuk wrote:
ffaristocrat wrote:

Agreed. This is not a very good card. 1-star at best. The deck slots it uses can be put to much better effect splashing Adonis and Hedge Fund (one click to install Adonis in a fort I'll later use for agendas, then no clicks to take 3 bits/turn plus 1 click for 4 are both much better returns).

Corp clicks are precious. Using an entire turn for a measly 7 bits is a bad deal (3x Hedge Funds would net 12--and card advantage doesn't really make up for it since MMC's low trash cost requires using ICE to protect it) and deckbuilding in expectation of doing so puts the Corp behind the 8-ball before the game even begins. This was literally the first card I pulled from the standard starter decklist to make room for OOF cards.

100% disagree. Most of my corp wins are on the back of this card, and the overwhelming credit advantage it can give you. Hedge Fund can only be played once. the value in this card is using it multiple times in a row, getting good click to credit ratios without needing multiple cards. If you get to use Melange 3 times in quick succession, that 21 credits will often let you muscle the runner around with bad choices. Yes, it has to be protected, and working around max handsize is something to consider, but if you are "safe" with agendas not at supreme risk and a basic fort built, and your hand isnt full...spend the whole turn getting rich. rinse, repeat. draw some ice over a few turns, install, rinse repeat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
100% disagree. Most of my corp wins are on the back of this card, and the overwhelming credit advantage it can give you. Hedge Fund can only be played once. the value in this card is using it multiple times in a row, getting good click to credit ratios without needing multiple cards. If you get to use Melange 3 times in quick succession, that 21 credits will often let you muscle the runner around with bad choices. Yes, it has to be protected, and working around max handsize is something to consider, but if you are "safe" with agendas not at supreme risk and a basic fort built, and your hand isnt full...spend the whole turn getting rich. rinse, repeat. draw some ice over a few turns, install, rinse repeat...

I firmly believe the only reason you didn't run roughshod over me in our last game is because I got a lucky HQ draw combined with Demolition Run and trashed all three of your Melanges in quick succession. It made my failed economy seem comparable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tang Sam
Hong Kong
North Point
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just use the main data fort for Melange, since you are not advancing agenda when you are using Melange to generate cash. When you are done, trash it.

Melange is worth you time and effort, if you could use it for multiple times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amuk wrote:

Corp clicks are precious. Using an entire turn for a measly 7 bits is a bad deal (3x Hedge Funds would net 12--and card advantage doesn't really make up for it since MMC's low trash cost requires using ICE to protect it) and deckbuilding in expectation of doing so puts the Corp behind the 8-ball before the game even begins.

Clicks *are* precious, but in comparing an installed Melange to 3x Hedge Funds you're not comparing like with like. Because Melange (once installed) is three clicks for 7 credits, whereas 3x HF is actually SIX clicks for 9 credits - because you need to count the clicks "spent" to draw the Hedge Funds. Of course, by that argument the first time you use Melange it has cost you five clicks - the draw, the install, and the three clicks to use it; but once installed, it just keeps on getting better and better value.

And if the Runner runs on it, he's paying to get past whatever measely ICE you put in the way and still spending one of his precious clicks to get in and trash it; that alone might be worth the price of admission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, the several things that need to be noted in the Hedge Fund to Melange comparison:

1) Hedge Fund is great and pretty much an auto x3 in every Corp deck. So, even if you do decide another money card isn't as good as Hedge Fund, that doesn't tell you anything about whether it should go in your deck. You can only play 3 copies of Hedge Fund after-all.

2) When you're using Melange you aren't advancing Agendas. This goes in your biggest remote server where you've scored agendas before, and you will again after Melange is trashed.

3) Hedge Fund is a one-off that costs the runner nothing, with Melange, they're going to have to shut it down which at a minimum is going to cost them a click, but should cost them much much more. You're forcing them to run on an agenda that isn't even an agenda, but they have no choice unless they're willing to let you have unlimited money.

4) The longer you're able to use it the more efficient it becomes, since you only draw and install it once. I think for the Corp you've got to value cards less than the runner, since you get one every turn whether you want it or not, but it's still an added cost which is paid for each Hedge Fund, but is paid only once for the reusable Minging Corp. (At the added cost of 1 install action)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Prieur
Canada
flag msg tools
I agree with most of your thoughts but not on Anonymous Tip. I mean currently you have to assume that more then 2/3 of your cards are cards that are basically shit and will be replace as soon as possible.

The draw 3 cards help you draw the really good card and help keep your hand at 5. I agree that as corp you would probably not want to draw 3 cards each turn but the card is limited at 3 anyway. At 1 influence cost it goes well in other decks.

So basically while I agree it's not the equivalent of diesel (4 star for runners) it's still pretty good (3/3 imo).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have to stick up for Hadrian's wall. This card is VERY hard to get past, and similar to Tollbooth, it often requires a Femme Fatale or a ridiculous number of credits even from "the best" fracter. Advanceable ice is more powerful than i thought at first, as it gives you the ability to increase the cost of a runner coming in to your fort with no expenditure of cards, and no need to pay more credits just to install additional ice. Taking a turn to spend 3 credits to increase the strength to 10 can really make Hadrian become a giant stop sign that locks that fort up tight. It lacks some punch on surprise, but its pretty much THE most effective stopper ice in the game, and thats worth alot. 7 base strength is already pretty ridiculous, and then it grows. its expensive, but worth it! hard to splash at 3 influence, but still something I consider, especially into HB.

And archived memories is a very attractive splash in many corp decks, Id rate it a 3 or 4 in oof. ESPECIALLY in weyland or NBN that build around some form of tagging combo. Scorched Earth + Archived Memories and 3 clicks, with a tag planted at start of turn, equals win.

SHipment from Kaguya looks solid on paper, but IVe always been underwhelmed playing it, even when i am heavy on advanceable ice. its ok, but possibly not worth the slot in the deck unless you REALLY want to advance ice a lot, and even then its just ok. its NOT a fast advance card really, and it will rarely/never pump 2 agendas at once.

Zaibaitsu loyalty - hmm, this is card that only matters vs 2 cards in the game right now, and many runners may have few or none of those. Unless my deck is EXTREMELY trap focused, id steer clear of this card in favor of something else, and just accept that one infiltration might mess up your plans. Having this out at the right time and using the clicks to install etc...just doesnt seem worth it to me in the vast majority of cases.

rototurret is fantastic OOF and a key ice to splash. it only costs 1 influence, and is a great surprise, and quite importantly: its a sentry that straight up ends the run, which is rare. while it becomes a bit toothless one they find a killer, it shuts down a fort cheap and early until they do. high OOF rating for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thought on the mining corp:

Unlike Adonis and PAD, you won't rez it just before your next turn. You'll rez it at the end of the runner's turn the turn before you plan on using it, which might not be your next turn. You can drop one down in your main fort, or behind an Ice Wall and just wait.

The benefit of that is that it's just another facedown target to confuse the runner. Especially if you're playing with the Secretary, Junebug, Ghost Branch, etc. Giving the runner more facedown targets gives them more places to make mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD Harris
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
samtang wrote:
Just use the main data fort for Melange, since you are not advancing agenda when you are using Melange to generate cash. When you are done, trash it.

While acknowledging this and the other comments on MMC, I respectfully maintain my dislike for the card. Giving up an entire turn for only 7 credits is a killer. Doing so multiple times means not installing new ICE, not getting agendae advanced, not messing with the Runner, and generally not reacting to the changing state of the game.

It's even worse when playing an Anarch since I will probably have to skip a turn or two during the game to remove virus counters, as well. That can add up to a lot of times in which the Runner gets consecutive turns in which to make all the decisions about how the game develops.

As such, planning my economy at the deckbuilding stage around spending multiple turns to do nothing but gain a mere 7 credits seems like a bad idea. 3x PAD Campaign (along with the aforementioned HF and AC) that will feed me 1 bit each for just the one click to install them (and that rarely need to be defended) seems like a much better idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amuk wrote:
samtang wrote:

While acknowledging this and the other comments on MMC, I respectfully maintain my dislike for the card. Giving up an entire turn for only 7 credits is a killer. Doing so multiple times means not installing new ICE, not getting agendae advanced, not messing with the Runner, and generally not reacting to the changing state of the game.

It's even worse when playing an Anarch since I will probably have to skip a turn or two during the game to remove virus counters, as well. That can add up to a lot of times in which the Runner gets consecutive turns in which to make all the decisions about how the game develops.

As such, planning my economy at the deckbuilding stage around spending multiple turns to do nothing but gain a mere 7 credits seems like a bad idea. 3x PAD Campaign (along with the aforementioned HF and AC) that will feed me 1 bit each for just the one click to install them (and that rarely need to be defended) seems like a much better idea.

i personally find that getting 1 credit a turn via "drip" cards like PAD, or random bursts like HF dont provide enough fuel for my whole economy. you HAVE to spend some clicks taking credits to supplement. but if you do, you are settling for 1:1 unless you have MMC, at which point you have a much better return per click. yes, you have to spend the clicks all at once, but decks without mmc are still spending clicks on credits sometimes... without other "click for bits" options, MMC is a workhorse for me, and I think most corp players will have a hard time getting rich enough without it. seems others disagree, but ive been bit starved when ive tried to go without it. and you need to win the credit war typically to win the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MMC is a good money engine, and I often spend time on getting credits as corp anyway, so spending a turn for 7 is great. It has weaknesses of needing defense and being cheaply trashable. However, as a runner I feel that I really have to trash it, or else all my efforts to keep the Corp poor but forcing them to res their ice are all for naught.

Its a hard card to evaluate. Some corps can easily defend it, others might not. Sometimes spending your whole turn is fine, sometimes you need to react.

When using it, I would try to prepare extra defensive ice in advance of needing it, if possible. That way what you are doing is getting the money to actually res the extra ice, instead of leaving yourself vulnerable while you burn the whole turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Syrovatka
Czech Republic
Beroun
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Akitaro Watanabe: /
Saves a few bucks, and potentially costs the opponent 3 if they trash him. Worth playing 1 for sure in Jinteki, maybe two, but he is unique."

How can I tell that he is unique and what does it mean? I haven't found anything about it in the rules. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sydo wrote:
How can I tell that he is unique and what does it mean? I haven't found anything about it in the rules. Thanks!
The diamond in front of his name. Any card with that symbol in front of its name is unique (only 1 copy can be in play at any time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.