Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1040 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [42] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Group playing Eurogames in the Shakopee, MN Area (South West Metro) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hi All,

I just recently moved to Shakopee from the Pittsburgh area which had many huge groups playing eurogames on a weekly basis.

Are there any groups playing eurogames on a weekly basis in the Shakopee/Savage Burnsvillr area?

Most of the groups I have heard on BGG are at least 35-40 minutes away.

Let me know if you guys have heard of any groups.

Thanks,
-Steve Granz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Group playing Eurogames in the Shakopee Area
sgranz wrote:
Hi All,

I just recently moved to Shakopee from the Pittsburgh area which had many huge groups playing eurogames on a weekly basis.

Are there any groups playing eurogames on a weekly basis in the Shakopee/Savage Burnsvillr area?

Most of the groups I have heard on BGG are at least 35-40 minutes away.

Let me know if you guys have heard of any groups.

Thanks,
-Steve Granz

Id say Dreamers is probably only 15-20 minutes from there. Every Tuesday and Wednesday the get together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Check meetup.com and look for the "Twin Cities Eurogamers" group. They have a lot of events in many different locations, some near Shakopee for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S.
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this thread too —and welcome to MN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't forget about Bloomington Marathon. 50 or more gamers going for the entire weekend, sometimes on Thursdays and Fridays as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Weeks
United States
Jordan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Welcome! I'm in Jordan (to your south). There used to be a Saturday group at Phantasy but I *think* that group doesn't play there/then any more. I'd be interested in such a group also. My wife and son (18) also play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Christopher,

What games do you like to play?

I would love to get a group going in the Shakopee area since I would prefer not to have to drive more than 25 minutes to play. I am more than willing to play with 3-4 people.

If anyone else is out there that would like to play in the Shakopee area possibly at Phantasy Hobbies let me know.

Thanks,
-Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Weeks
United States
Jordan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Garrett and I are pretty flexible. Cathy prefers normal Euro-style games that don't take too much time; though we've also played some 18xx and Age of Renaissance (but e.g. Roads and Boats was too much for her :-) Also, depending on the group's needs, my daughter is ten and can play some games well, but she hasn't really become enthusiastic about games the way the rest of the family is.

I'm trying to think of things we've (we means any subset of us, usually including me) played recently: Scotland Yard, Dominion, Race for the Galaxy, Twilight Struggle, Can't Stop, A few Acres of Snow, Puerto Rico, Stone Age (with expansions), Hansa Teutonica, Plato 3000, Factory Fun, Agricola, 7 Wonders, Lords of Waterdeep, Eclipse, Homesteaders, Caylus, etc.

I'm not sure about scheduling and availability. For something that close, we might be able to make a weekly evening gathering with some regularity on Wednesday or Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
How about playing at Phantasy Hobbies this Thursday night? What time works for you? I get off work around 5pm and should probably get something to eat before playing.

I would say bring whatever games you would like to play and we can pick something. I do not have a large collection but I have the following that I could bring:
Innovation
Last Will
Dominion
Outpost
Lowenhurtz
Tigris and Euphrates
Primordial Soup
Puerto Rico
and etc.

I am always willing to teach or learn. Would you be interested Christopher? Dave would you be interested? I am up for it as long as we have 3 people. Is there anyone else interested in playing also on Thursday at Phantasy Hobbies?

Let me know.
-Steve Granz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Weeks
United States
Jordan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I can't possibly make it tomorrow night, things are busy and I'm already scheduled for a game of Andean Abyss tonight. But maybe next week! I'll talk to Cathy and see what our schedule is like. Have you hooked up with Phantasy Hobbies to find out what their schedule and interest level are like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I checked with them and they said they used to have a couple of groups that came regularly but they stopped meeting. They say sometimes on Friday night the owner tries to get people to play board games but it does not always happen.

They were very open and wanted more people playing there is possible.

Is anyone else interested in playing board games this Thursday night or Saturday or Sunday afternoon at Phantasy Hobbies?

-Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sinclair
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still good to go on Thursday night. I'm fine with 2-player or more. 6:00 or 6:30 would be fine for me. I'm not familiar with some of your games, but I don't mind learning. I will probably just bring GOA Thursday as an introductory game, but let me know if you have a specific preference.

I plan to check out Phantasy Games Thursday night, regardless. It would be great to meet fellow BGGers at the very least.

dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Sure I could teach one of my games if you or if you have something your willing to teach or play.

I will also come to Phantasy Hobbies around 6:30pm.

-Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Last night we had six people show up at Phantasy Hobbies in Shakopee for a great evening of board games.

Everyone there expressed interest in making this a weekly event on Thursday nights. We are planning on meeting weekly on Thursday at Phantasy Hobbies around 6-6:30pm. Anyone else that would like to join us is welcome to show up.

Thanks to everyone that showed up. I had a fun evening.

If anyone has any questions about the new group that is forming feel from to mail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Weeks
United States
Jordan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
That's awesome! Cathy and I thought about joining you (even after I said we couldn't make it) but it didn't really work out. Hopefully we'll be good next week. It'll be fun to meet the rest of whomever showed up. What did y'all play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We ended up playing dominion and innovation. We hope to pull out some board games instead of card games next Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested since I don't live too far away. I may not be able to for a few weeks. I had surgery and its recovery is 6 weeks. After that, if its still going I think I should be able to. I am glad there's a group in this area of town now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Does anyone have any preferences for what to play Thursday night at Phantasy Hobbies? I am going to try to get there around 6pm.

I would prefer a board game over a card game if possible. I just got a copy of Brass if anyone is interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Anyone have any preference for what to play on Thursday?

-Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Weeks
United States
Jordan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Cathy and I intend to come tomorrow. We'll probably be closer to 6:30 because our daughter gets out of dance on Thursdays at 6:00. We'll also be bringing the daughter along to do her homework and goof off on a laptop (or maybe play games if the crowd doesn't mind kids and it's a casual enough game). And I'm not sure yet if Garrett is free that night.

As for preferences, I'm very flexible but I'd like to play: Lords of Waterdeep, Chinatown or Factory Fun (I only have the first two). Cathy suggests: Stone Age, Princes of Florence and Hansa Teutonica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I have not played Lords of Waterdeep but I would be willing to learn. Also Hansa Teutonica could be fun as well. If you are able bring a few games then please bring them. I will bring a few from my closet as well.

-Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Last night at Phantasy Hobbies, we had a fun time playing Innovation and Hansa Teutonica.

Thank you for everyone that came out last night. I look forward to next week.

-Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some friends of mine said they ran into you guys and played Dominion the other night at Phantasy. Do you meet up every Thursday? I usually make it out to Phantasy a few times a month and game with some friends. Mostly Ameritrash, but I love playing all types of games. I'd be interested in coming out to play sometime.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We have been playing most Thursday. We have been starting at 6:00pm and play until the store closed at 9pm.

-Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Granz
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Anyone have any preferences or suggestions for playing at Phantasy Hobbies on Thursday evening?

I will be there around 6pm and stay until the store closes. Let me know if you can make it.

If this night is not working for people please let me know so we can move it to another night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [42] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.