Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Basauri
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
(sorry for the wrong use of English, it is not my native language)

This is a comparative between the rules changes of the Giochi edition and the original game + expansion:

The Castle of the Devil
- Additional Action: "Spy" thumbsup
- No "Pass" Action
- "Trade" modification: in case the trade is not accepted a Duel token is taken
- "Challenge" modification:
· ALL the player must decide which side to support
· the side is decided at the same time (instead of one after each other)
· Duel token can be used to add +1 to side
· Winner can not look at looser profession
- Optional victory condition: it's possible to win by declaring that rival society has all the objects they need to win thumbsup

Die Kutschfahrt zur Teufelsburg + Die dunkle Prophezeiung
- New Ocupation cards: now you receive two at the beggining and choose one thumbsup
- Events: new, it is an internal clock (when event deck finishes so does the game)
- Coachman: not sure, it depends on how strong the events are... and the metagame of quick end-game (good for the traitor)
- Revenge: similar to Duel tokens, but only one for all thumbsup
- Traitor: good solution for games with event players (not sure if it could work with the "declare other society victory condition"...) thumbsup
- New objects: more options (longer game as "Bag of Secrets" will take longer to transform in Goblet/Key, also faster early turns, as there more objects in play (easier trade/challenge)

All together and interesting expansion. I still need to see the new professions, objects and events.
The only I miss is the option to declare victory by stating the other society victory condition... I really liked it, if player are smart/sneaky enough, they can win even with very bad luck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
My thumbsup is for the incomprehensibility of the thread title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Basauri
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
Verkisto wrote:
My thumbsup is for the incomprehensibility of the thread title.

The title is self-explaining
Any explanation is superfluous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Yue
China
Pudong district
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmb
As a crazy fan of coachride, I can't wait to see the new cards list!
The new skills and objects!

I strongly agree that "declaring victory by stating the other society victory condition" (In China, we call it "Counter-declare") is very valuable to this game.

It's pity that the new expansion still treats it as variant rule, but it didn't remove it from base rule, so I think it is also OK.

The coachride is a perfectly balanced game with "Counter-declare"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.