Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Fuller
United States
Norwalk
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know of some good stores in the area? Going there for Thanksgiving to visit my wife's parents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Board is the one I know. Google 'em, they're in one of the malls in Chatanooga. We stopped there on our way to Pigeon Forge last year, and again this year. Very nice store, no gaming space but a nice selection of games and CCGs. I bought Confrontation and Hellas there, they really do have a lot to choose from. I only wish we had one closer to home that had a similar selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Viney
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, The Game Board is supposed to have their buy-one get-one sale the Friday after Thanksgiving. Just don't be shocked by TN's tax rate. I think it was 9.25% the last time I was up there.

Shawn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya. I work in one of the other Gameboard stores, which is in Knoxville. Store managers and staff have not yet been notified as to what our sale will be on the day after Thanksgiving (and we may not know until that day). We are speculating somewhere between 20% to a maximum of 40% off this year. We are in general speculating that the buy one, get one sales will no longer occur at any time. Gameboard used to run a distributorship as well as a few retail stores. The distributor branch of the business was closed earlier this year. As we now pay more for our stock, it seems unlikely to us that the old B1G1 sales are financially viable for the company.

I don't know about the Chattanooga location (which I believe is in a mall called Hamilton Place), but the West Town Mall Gameboard in Knoxville is taking part in the mall's Evening of Giving on Sunday, November 20th from 6:30pm to 9:30pm. Shoppers wishing to take advantage of the many specials that will be offered at this time will need to purchase a $10 ticket. The proceeds of this go to local charities, and can be purchased from several of them, or at the mall, including on the day of. Most of the stores in the mall will be running specials of one kind or another, although I don't know what these are (there will be a book printed up for shoppers listing all the specials.) We at the Gameboard will be running a 30% off special that evening. As that is only a few days before day after Thanksgiving, I am not expecting us to restock a lot of what we sell before then, and we only carry one copy at a time of most Euros and a lot of other games. (We have a wide selection, just not multiple copies of most things in at a time.) So for the best selection and less crowded shopping for a number of stores, not to mention helping out charities, I would recommend the Evening of Giving, although it's possible that there will be a different discount offered day after Thanksgiving.

We do carry a pretty large selection of Euro games, American hobby board and card games, loads of RPG stuff, a decent selection of CCGs, and family/party games. My store also has puzzles and a small selection of comic books. I'm not sure whether or not Chattanooga carries any puzzles. If you're looking for a few particular games, I could try to check the computer to see if they have them in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Norwalk
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help guys. I just wanted a store to browse when I went there, not looking for anything specific. I just like to go to new game stores. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Green
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I grew up just south of there and as far as I know, unless there's a new independent store somewhere I don't know about, that Gameboard in the Hamilton Place mall is the best place to go for Eurogames and GMT wargames. I was there a few months ago and they have great GMT stuff like Wilderness War and Sword of Rome; they also have a *great* selection of new Eurogames and some older stuff on the shelves. I always try to get up there when I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bookgnome wrote:
I grew up just south of there and as far as I know, unless there's a new independent store somewhere I don't know about

Whenever I visit Chatanooga for the Chatanooge Rail Game Challenge, I always visit Chattanooga Magic and Fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leopold
United States
Stowe
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings all,

How about now? My family is moving to "The Nugget" and would love to have a FLGS. The Gameboard is now closed in Hamilton Place Mall. Please let me know.

Thanks a heap,
Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos R
United States
Lake Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just for relevancy GameOn and Epikos comics are the ones who have board gamers these days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thress
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks Carlos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide