Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: Show off your loot from Essen 2012! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
It can be funny to show a picture of what we got from Essen this year. Be proud of your loot! arrrh

In my case (in no special order):
1.- Kingdom Builder
2.- Justinian
3.- Zombiaki
4.- Arcana
5.- Dungeon Petz
6.- Langfinger
7.- R-Eco
8.- Red November
9.- King of Tokyo
10.- Dungeon Fighter
11.- The City
12.- Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small

Amount of coins: 152 €

Picture of the loot:

From gallery of realnewton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
Microbadge: Werder Bremen fanMicrobadge: Archipelago fanMicrobadge: Paradox Interactive fan - strategy is my gameMicrobadge: Planet Steam fanMicrobadge: Pinball fan
Well, here it is:

From gallery of unittype

Interesting fact: I spend nearly the same money on games like last year but brought only half the games back home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game fanMicrobadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Archery fanMicrobadge: I play with green!
Please check out this geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/148483/essen-loot-2012...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Poussin
France
St Gratien
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 7 Wonders fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Dune CCG fanMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
Here is mine

From gallery of dapoussin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool! Dapoussin and unittype coincide in four games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
From gallery of PzVIE

A little more than I expected. I'm still busy punching and sorting meeple

Edit: Now also available in Geeklist format: Essen 2012 - more than I expected
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
Microbadge: BloggerMicrobadge: Splut! fanMicrobadge: Ewoks!
I never gave out so little money at Essen. 2012 was cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fanMicrobadge: Glory to Rome fanMicrobadge: KeyForge fan
From gallery of Runkst

(I forgot to take Pax Porfiriana and Trick of the Rails out of my backpack for the picture blush)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I spend more time on BGG than playing games!Microbadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction participant - 2017Microbadge: 2017 Christmas Card Exchange participant
Hello gang, I am Karsten, and I am a Boardgamegeek. Here's what I took home from Essen this year:

From gallery of A skinned math nerd

This year I took home more than four times as many games as usual, due to the Math trade and booth work.
Looking at the pile of games there, I think it was about 260 Euros for games *gulp* while most of these were preorders.
I paid less than 90 Euros for things that I didn't preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I definitely love to see all these pictures and say WOW! surprise
It is a wonderful way to convince my wife to buy more things next year. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias Saravia
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: On a crusade to spread EurogamesMicrobadge: Terry Pratchett fanMicrobadge: Monkey Island fanMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Essen attendee
This is my loot, I'm very proud of what I get

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: City of Heroes fanMicrobadge: Pegasus Spiele fanMicrobadge: KeyForge fanMicrobadge: Geocaching fanMicrobadge: Steam user
This year I really restrained myself from buying mayn of the interesting games, as I was traveling by train and didn't want to carry a lot of bags etc.

Therefore, my loot is quite small this year, but not bad either.
From gallery of Astartus

I got myself:
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game: Space Marine Pack 1
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game: Tyranid Enemy Pack
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game – Deathwing Space Marine Pack
Wrong Chemistry + Wrong Chemistry: Scientist Card Pack + Wrong Chemistry: Element Expansion + Wrong Chemistry: Custom Elements (Kickstarter Preorder and Essen Pickup).
Smash Up
Zombie Dice (one of the opened demo games from Pegasus Spiele)
The Dwarves (limited Collectors Edition)
Die Zwerge: Albae Expansion
Pictomania: Geek Edition
7 Wonders: Leaders – Louis
Quest: Zeit der Helden – Abenteuerband 1 + Quest: Zeit der Helden – Abenteuerband 2 + Quest: Zeit der Helden – Abenteuerband 3
plus some other small promos and of course, the obligatory SPIEL '12 die from Chessex

Not inlcuded in this picture is a copy of Kingdom Builder: Nomads that I traded with another games explainer and that I will recieve via mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moss
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hants
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 18xx fanMicrobadge: Cardboard Klatch MemberMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Reading FC fanMicrobadge: Washington Nationals fan
Here's what I managed to pick up before I squeezed it into my 2 suitcases:

From gallery of SunnyD

15 boxes of shiny new games (or bag in Love Letter's case), and the Powergrid expansion map off to the side of the stack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stokes
England
Basingstoke
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I Attend Chineham Board GamersMicrobadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Star Trek: Ascendancy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: 2018 Gold Supporter
Heres Mine

From gallery of Rob RN

16 games in all but 3 copys of Infinite City 2 for other people
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I spend more time on BGG than playing games!Microbadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction participant - 2017Microbadge: 2017 Christmas Card Exchange participant
Astartus wrote:
Wait wait wait, there was a third one available too? I didn't get that when they handed over all the over Quest stuff to me! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've got a copy of the third one if you're interested. I didn't have time to do the game in the end. So I only have the Starting Adventure, the third one and some Promo Cards.

No real need for those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
After day 1:

From gallery of crazylegs

Back home with all my new games:

And hey, they fit on the shelves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Boardgames To Go fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I love boobiesMicrobadge: Out of the ooze and born to cruise!Microbadge: 2018 Silver Supporter
From gallery of Kestril

Most of this is mine, but the extra Keyflower, Eclipse, Tweet and Tricky Wildlife are for fortunate friends back home. I'll have another pic, once the rest of the games catch up with me at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
From gallery of Brichs

Plus two I didn't have yet, when the photo was taken (didn't go myself, so had to rely on mates to bring me stuff): Samurai Sword & Brawling Barons

considering I didn't go myself, I'm quite pleased with my haul :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BarbaraP&AleSR BarbaraP&AleSR
Italy
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Rules TranslatorMicrobadge: Translator
Our loot:

From gallery of BarbaraP_AleSR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rue Sailmana
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things
Microbadge: I am a friendly face - I welcome questions from New Users!Microbadge: Terry Pratchett fanMicrobadge: Untappd - Drink SociallyMicrobadge: LoveMicrobadge: food can never be too spicy
Holy crap on a stick! Did some of you win the lottery?

Such awesome collections you brought home with you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Pilling
United Kingdom
Worsley
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gold game player. At least 5,000 logged game plays!Microbadge: Red Dwarf fanMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Middlesborough fan
I have a geeklist with my loot from Essen.

Stewarts 2012 Essen game haul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Rémondière
France
flag msg tools
badge
Bouh !
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: The Boardgame Group MemberMicrobadge: Corsair Leader fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Antiquity fan
unittype wrote:
Well, here it is:

From gallery of unittype

Interesting fact: I spend nearly the same money on games like last year but brought only half the games back home.
Please, what is the Polis sheet on the bottom left ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Derrick
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Every true 18xx fan knows you should use $25 chipsMicrobadge: Enjoying "Damn good Coffee" - and Twin PeaksMicrobadge: Titan fanMicrobadge: Venture Bros. fanMicrobadge: Larry Niven fan
Here is most of what I brought back in one suitcase, weight of 47 lb:
External image

Includes
18Rhur
Snowdonia
Great Fire of London
League of Six
Gauntlet of Fools
Samarkand Expansion
Airlines Promo
Zooloretto Promo
Suburbia
T'Zolkin
Tulipmania

There were a few duplicates as I was bringing some stuff back for friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
Nice loot Mark!
Pity we didn't meet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |