Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a good 4 or 5 months since the last Canadian Math Trade, so here we go one more time.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: Helloween's Here! - Canadian Math Trade

Request GeekList: Helloween's Here! - Canadian Math Trade - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Sunday October 21st (6:00 PM EDT) to Monday October 29th (11:00 PM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Monday October 29th (11:00 PM EDT) to Thursday November 1st (10:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of two (2) Gift Certificate and two (2) Geek Gold entries per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Monday, October 29th, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Thursday, November 1st, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
%End%

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
# MISSING 1 WANTS (0.1%) FROM 1 USER(s) (1%):
#
# Ensades (1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/148569-officialwants.txt

Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/148569-results-official.tx...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will have been several local math trades in the Toronto area by the end of next month, but I will probably throw some things up here and see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this overlaps with the FGC Games Day trade that I'm running, and the TABSCon one will follow (I assume). I'll list my stuff here, and if I trade anything in the FGC one, I'll just submit a blank Want List for it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Gallant
Canada
Fredericton
New-Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just for me or is the Mathtrade gateway not loading new entries. I only have 66 games on mine. Also, my two last entires are not showing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kealran wrote:
Is it just for me or is the Mathtrade gateway not loading new entries. I only have 66 games on mine. Also, my two last entires are not showing.

The moderator has to go in periodically and hit a "refresh" button. The OLWLG does not do it automatically. So, check back in a few hours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
Helloween?

Fan of the band?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in reference to the band. Not really a fan of them, but I have heard some of their stuff a long time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little over 3 days left to add items to the trade. Missing a lot of the regular math traders. Hopefully we can get to at least 500 items by the deadline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just over a day to go and we've passed the 500 item mark. Can we get to 600 by the submission deadline?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Bessette
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've got a lot of submissions that are contrary to the Math Trade rules. Individuals with several Gift Certificate entries when only two are allowed and several entries with shipping limitations.

Should these items be avoided in my wants list unless corrected? Is there going to be problems when the results are posted if they do not change thier listings?

Just curious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sent a geekmail to users derekjinx & aquilonien who posted items with shipping restrictions. Hopefully they'll either change their shipping rules or just submit blank wants for those items.

As for the GC's, feel free to add them to your wantlist. Hopefully everyone will follow the rules for the remainder of the math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LAST day to get your games in for trade. Deadline is tonight (Monday) at 11:00 PM EDT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Me
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first math trade I've participated in with shipping involved.
I am familiar with the want list generator, etc., but I am unsure of the proper steps to take after the trade results are published.
Can someone point me in the direction of a resource detailing this process?
I've already found this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/156295/after-the-math-tr...
which describes using trade manager and trade proposals to give shipping addresses to the other traders.
Given that I am likely to give and receive games from different BGG users, which user would I propose a trade to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cyakobch wrote:
Given that I am likely to give and receive games from different BGG users, which user would I propose a trade to?

You propose trades to both (unless they beat you to it). If you are sending a game to someone, and not receiving from them, just leave their side of the trade blank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Me
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Morneau
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing it out. I totally missed the free shipping rule. I now adjusted all my items to reflect that. Sorry! blush

Cannibal Ox wrote:
I've sent a geekmail to users derekjinx & aquilonien who posted items with shipping restrictions. Hopefully they'll either change their shipping rules or just submit blank wants for those items.

As for the GC's, feel free to add them to your wantlist. Hopefully everyone will follow the rules for the remainder of the math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade list is now locked down and we are open for online wantlist submissions.

The deadline for wantlists is Thursday at 10:00 PM EDT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what happened at #675 / #676? Did UltimateJarhead delete an item? I thought you were not supposed to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsix wrote:
So what happened at #675 / #676? Did UltimateJarhead delete an item? I thought you were not supposed to do that.

Yup. Looks like item #676 was somehow deleted after the geeklist was locked down at 11:08 pm.

The final sync in the OLWLG was done and the summary was loaded at 23:10:11.

So somehow that one entry got deleted, but didn't reflect in the OLWLG list. Not sure if it's a glitch or what as I've never seen this situation before.

Technically it shouldn't matter in the end as what's in the OLWLG is what's necessary to compile wantlists and compute results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsix wrote:

This used to be a critical error that could possibly cause the entire trade to be void. Now, it has no effect unless the perfect storm of missteps are taken a user who:
1) manually writes down the numbers of the items they want, and
2) finds them in the OLWLG list and clicks "add" without actually reading the title of the item they are adding

Personally, I'd much rather have items be deleted from the list than the old method of modifying the entry or just not submitting a want list for the item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh ok I was not aware that the method had changed. Good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With 6+ hours to go, we're still missing wants from 6 users. Hopefully everyone gets their wants in by the deadline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wantlist submission deadline is now over. Results up shortly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.