Popular Tags: [View All]
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to give a shout out to Friendly Neighborhood Comics in Bellingham. If you are local, be sure to check it out. The focus is definitely comics, but Ernie has a good selection of board games and will always get something for you if you ask. He's also reasonable about his prices. The store is clean and bright and welcoming. I have not been to his Tues. game night, but I am hoping to get there soon. Keep up the great work Ernie and FNC!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.friendlycomics.com/

The online store has very few board games -- just some munchkin variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. okay. Shopping online is something very different. I simply wanted to point out a brick and moarter that is pleasant to visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Sullivan
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendly Neighborhood was my go-to game store when I lived near it. Ernie went out of his way to bring in some different gaming options than most of the other area stores. I got my Wealth of Nations expansions there, Gosu, Medievalia... I didn't have to settle for the same generic selection. The gaming events are growing. They have a very dedicated Heroclix group on Saturdays, and we had a Game of Thrones LCG group for a little bit.

What makes it all worth it is that the staff there are beyond friendly - it's not just the name of the store!

They run good sales from time to time, but this is one of the few places I was happy to pay standard retail.

Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SupaGerm wrote:
Friendly Neighborhood was my go-to game store when I lived near it. Ernie went out of his way to bring in some different gaming options than most of the other area stores. I got my Wealth of Nations expansions there, Gosu, Medievalia... I didn't have to settle for the same generic selection. The gaming events are growing. They have a very dedicated Heroclix group on Saturdays, and we had a Game of Thrones LCG group for a little bit.

What makes it all worth it is that the staff there are beyond friendly - it's not just the name of the store!

They run good sales from time to time, but this is one of the few places I was happy to pay standard retail.

Highly recommended.

Bravo. All true.

I also do not hesitate to pay retail prices there. Especially when I see posts on Facebook about FNC sponsoring different reading/book nights at the Bellingham library and other events in the community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls