Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikos II
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While building and printing my own copy, I rewrote the firearms rules to balance out the different weapons. Each weapon type has a different range, attack bonus, hand-to-hand attack bonus and special effect (see below).

In addition, if the shooter is on the second floor and the target zombies are on ground floor then a +1 attack bonus is given (i.e. you are more likely to hit them in the head when you are above them). I don't reduce range either when firing from higher (i.e. the distance between the second floor and ground floor doesn't count towards the firearm's range).

The usual combat rules apply (i.e. 4-5 knocked back, 6+ zombie kill) but in respect to shotgun attacks, if there is more than one zombie in the target space then there are additional possibilities (when having a good roll) ...

4-5 one zombie knocked back
6-7 one zombie killed
8-9 one zombie killed & another zombie knocked back
10+ two zombies killed

Handgun
+2 attack
+1 hand-to-hand
6 range

Antique Handgun
+2 attack
+1 hand-to-hand
6 range
exploding hazard

Shotgun
+3 attack
+1 hand-to-hand
3 range
AOE (Area of Effect)

Rifle
+4 attack
+1 hand-to-hand
unlimited range

Antique Rifle
+4 attack
+2 hand-to-hand (i.e. war rifle with a knife attached)
unlimited range
exploding hazard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting set up. Note though, antique weapons, unless they are cheap replicas, tend to be damn sturdy indeed! They arent going to explode. Even old muzzle loader muskets and flintlock pistols dont do that. Jam, yes. Explode, not really.

I base this on my great grandfathers rifle which was a very solid piece of work and still deadly 100 years later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos II
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your thoughts about the rarity of explosions. Maybe when a natural 1 is rolled (for exploding hazard firearms), an additional 1d6 roll is made ...
1-4 Gun jam! - 1 action required to unjam/use it, no loss of ammo.
5-6 Gun explodes! - loss of 1 ammo & 1 health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.