Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We've got 2000+ unique titles in stock (and growing) and they're nearly all priced at 5%-10% under retail. We also carry Magic the Gathering, RPG supplies, Games Workshop products. We're very receptive to special ordering products which we don't carry upon request (up to 20% discounts on all special and pre-orders).

We offer space for people to come in to meet and play games in the store. Gaming groups are encouraged to discuss setting up regular meetings in the store (Easter PA Gamers Society has a monthly meeting every 2nd Saturday and Games Club of Maryland already has a monthly meeting on the 4th Saturday of the month). We have a number of store sample games to play (and will continue to expand them) but you're welcome to bring your own. There are also numerous food venues within walking/delivery distance.

Here's some information to find us, so come check us out!

The Games Keep, llc
561 East Gay Street
Gay Street Plaza
West Chester, PA 19380
(484)-905-5533
gameskeep@gmail.com

Current hours: W 12PM-8PM, TH-F 12PM-10PM, Sat 12PM-10PM, Sun 2PM-8PM
We're closed on Mondays & Tuesdays.

We typically have open board gaming every Friday night until 10pm and the 2nd & 4th Saturdays all day for those who wish to come out and learn new games or play their favorites.

Edited: Information above is updated and current as of 7/27/14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doobermite
United States
Chester County
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Game Store in West Chester, PA
I visited this new store on Saturday. I must say the selection of games is fantastic!

There are multiple copies of each game all shelved and ordered nicely. The prices are even a few dollars cheaper than other game stores. This is probably the biggest game store in terms of selection that I've found in the Delaware County/Chester County areas.

The owner is great and I plan on helping to form some sort of game group there.

Stop in and be amazed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Karl,

Were you the vendor at the 2005 Games Day in MD? Welcome aboard, regardless; I hope to be visiting soon!

joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Joe Casadonte wrote:
Karl,

Were you the vendor at the 2005 Games Day in MD? Welcome aboard, regardless; I hope to be visiting soon!

joe

Thanks! Yes I was the 'substitute' vendor back in April. I enjoyed that weekend tremendously and have a great appreciation for what the Games Club of Maryland has created and accomplished and the members as a whole are wonderful. I wish I could have made it down for EuroQuest weekend.

I know you have some members up this way in Chester/Delaware Counties, so pass the word along. If the club ever needs an endorsement or some free publicity, let me know - I'd be happy to give a hand

Karl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauer
United States
Norristown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. My sister told me about this store and a friend was in there recently - liked what he saw!

I need to get down there and take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeKn wrote:
I need to get down there and take a look.

Be very careful, if you do! Their selection is amazing for the size of the store, it'w well-lit, clean, and Karl is friendly -- you may well buy more new games than you could possibly play in a month....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the king
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
yes, its a really cool store, I was there this past Wednesday. If anyone is looking to start up a game group or just looking to play at Games Keep, contact me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauer
United States
Norristown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I stop in on Saturday while I was in the area. The selection is as great as everyone described, and his sale games for this month were very tempting. I got out with only a couple of items (Pirate's Cove & A Company of Knights). It's not really local to me, but I hope to be able to visit from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zakszewski
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Stopped in the Games Keep this week while traveling through the area. Holy Cow! What an amazing selection of games. Karl is friendly and knowledgeable and has just about every board game imaginable in stock. Well worth a trip if you are in the area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Nealley

Ardmore
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love your store- fantastic stock, very fair prices, nice layout. A terrific FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can honestly say that Karl and his store are the best for carrying the newest as well as older board and card games. I just wish he wasn't such a long ride for me on Route 202!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
That's Me
badge
Father of 3
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to visiting! I've been out of tabletop gaming for a long time (last ones I played was HeroQuest, Torpedo Run, Battle Masters and the first edition of MtG) and it's great to know that there's such a highly rated shop near me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alana Davis
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great shop! I got my first board game there a few years ago: Descent: Journeys in the Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hutchison
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I love The Games Keep. We drive up from Newark, DE to shop there frequently. It is well worth the trip.

As mentioned, the store is large, clean, well organized and Karl is a great guy who is very helpful. The new location has tons of open gaming space.

I cannot recommend this FLGS enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
That's Me
badge
Father of 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed! I stopped in last Wednesday and picked up LotR LCG core set and an expansion and had a nice chat w/ him. Huge selection of games and gaming accessories available. He even discounts prices by 10% if you buy $50 or more but I didn't get the specifics on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hutchback wrote:
My wife and I love The Games Keep. We drive up from Newark, DE to shop there frequently. It is well worth the trip.

As mentioned, the store is large, clean, well organized and Karl is a great guy who is very helpful. The new location has tons of open gaming space.

That's saying something since there's a pretty big store ghee in Newark near the University!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scidad23 wrote:
hutchback wrote:

That's saying something since there's a pretty big store ghee in Newark near the University!

Days of Knights is a nice store but everything is at MSRP. Too rich for my blood. I don't mind paying a little extra to support my FLGS but not 30-40%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:
Scidad23 wrote:
hutchback wrote:

Days of Knights is a nice store but everything is at MSRP. Too rich for my blood. I don't mind paying a little extra to support my FLGS but not 30-40%.

Granted, but they do sometimes have a copy of OOP games or something tough to find. Plus no sales tax, so that helps a little to reduce the sting. Karl's my first choice though. If drive from NJ to his shop, so that's saying something. Gas and tolls makes it about 10 bucks for a trip, so I try to pick up a few things at a time if I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karl runs a great shop. I enjoy his preorder system immensely and never have trouble getting a game.

If you are near or passing through, this should be your de facto FLGS, it is certainly mine! And I pass two others on my way there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
That's Me
badge
Father of 3
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm coming in tomorrow to pick up some smash up expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls