Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Life is a Journey, Not a Destination
mbmbmbmbmb
Forum to discuss GCOV/WGA Events and activities

Regular Meetings:

Tuesday Night - Gamer Parlor Chantilly (5:00 pm - ~10pm)
1st Saturday of the Month - Game Parlor Chantilly (11am - ~10pm)

www.gameparlor.com
www.gamesclubofmd.org/Locations.asp?location=31&type=GCOM
www.meetup.com/GCOMVA

Tom McCorry
Chantilly Site Host
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gibbs
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Washington Gamers Assocation - Northern VA/Southern MD/D
I will also bring Descent, Dungeon Twister, and Age of Steam for those who might want to try something different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Richardson
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering coming to the meet this Saturday in Woodbridge - this would be my first time at a WGA event. Do I need to coordinate a game in advance, or is it reasonable to plan to take a seat at whatever's being played?

If planning's necessary, anyone interested in a game of Ticket to Ride or, if you're up for something heavier, Advanced Civ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Washington Gamers Assocation - Northern VA/Southern MD/DC
Nathan,

Things are pretty free-form so you can usually join-in on a game or bring something you like to play. Woodbridge is our newer site so the group is still building there. Hope you can make it!

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marena Tiano
United States
Arlington
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at your webpage and see that there is a special new years gaming session coming up. The link appears to be broken for the sign up.

Also, I am wondering about metro access to Woodbridge. I live near the Huntington station, but haven't been able to figure out how to get to
Woodbridge on Saturdays.

Can you tell me about the crowd that usually shows up for these meetings? What games are the most popular, etc?

gamegrl2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Woodbridge site is our newest location so there is only a handful of people right now but it is growing (hopefully you will be another addition). In Chantilly, the First Saturday meet draws close to 40 people and the Tuesday Night gaming draws 8-12 people.

The WGA plays a pretty broad spectrum of games with Euros being the most popular by far with CCG and War Games a moderate second and one group that does RPGs at the Chantilly meet a distant third.

If you have to stick to public transportation, I drive by Dulles Airport on the way to Chantilly Meet and there is a weekend Metro bus from West Falls Church to the airport.

As you saw on the club site, there is an annual New Year's party that goes from 10 pm to 10 am over the New Year's Night. If you add the store hours before and after the party that is 36 hours of gaming (and some actually make it the entire time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marena Tiano
United States
Arlington
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the offer. I just checked WMATA website and the trip from Huntington to Dulles is two hours. For a normal event, I don't think I would do this, but I am willing to make the trek for New Year's. Are you hard core? Will you be there for 36 hours? Not sure I can go that long, but definitely 24.

Let me know what your plans are. I appreciate the offer to tag along. I don't have a cell but my home phone is 703-778-6157.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfotunately I am out of town with the family this year and will be unable to attend the WGA New Year's event. There are other members who live in the area that we can probably arrange something with if you wanted to attend.

As for regular meets, we have people who travel from the Woodbrdige area and from Solomons, MD who might be able to provide a ride from a closer location for you.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marena Tiano
United States
Arlington
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I misunderstood your previous message. Can you give me a POC for the Woodbridge group? Maybe there is someone who lives in my neighborhood. The messages I have sent to the officers on the WGA webpage have not been answered. And most of the links/forums are not opening up for me on the webpage, so I haven't been able to post any comments on the webpage.

Thanks for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gibbs
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marena,

In an attempt to get the webpage to a more recent, and secure, version of the portal software, I fried the paged, and then got sick gulp

I have not seen any e-mails from you, but I don't know what officers you sent to, but did you get a chance to go to either of the Nw Years Eve Events?

Michael Gibbs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marena Tiano
United States
Arlington
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your response. I sent emails to the editor and the first person listed on the officer links. I didn't attend because I couldn't figure out how to get there. I was afraid to rent a car because I can't drive in snow. Too bad there isn't a meeting place with better metro access. I know there is a "minatures" gaming venue at Springfield mall. Not sure if you have looked into having any events there.

Marena

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a great game of Railroad Tycoon on Tueday (1/3/06) night. I plan to have my copy with me on Saturday at Chantilly for another play.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Keller
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm new to the Dulles area, and I'm curious about gaming groups in the area. My wife and I usually just play games with each other, inluding Puerto Rico, Tigris and Euphrates, Settlers of Catan, and almost anything by Fantasy Flight. How many people typically show up? Are there many couples or any women at these events? I've been to Game Parlor in Chantilly a few times now, and I've only seen people playing various war games, never any board games.

Thanks in advance,
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt,

Sorry for the long delay in responding but I have literally been on the other side of the world for a few weeks.

Most of the BGG type of gaming is done on the first Saturday of each month (~30-40 people) and on Tuesday nights (~10-15). There are a few regular couples who attend. Hopefully the two of you will have a chance to stop by on one of the aforementioned nights to play.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7/11/06 Gaming
I'll be at the Game Parlor this Tuesday Night. I will have Thurn and Taxis (great game from Andreas Seyfarth (Puerto Rico) that will likely by the SdJ winner this year), Masons (new Colovini game that many are calling his best), Tempus (newest Martin Wallace Game), White Lotus (one of Martin Wallace's original releases), Rum and Pirates (Alea Big Box game #10), Vegas Showdown, and St. Petersburg w/The Banquet expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
For over 40 years I've been enjoying gaming with great people.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the next Saturday Gaming (7/29/06) open to all? I live out in Chantilly and frequent the Game Parlor (mostly Wed & Sun).

It is always nice to hookup with more gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The next WGA meeting at Chantilly is August 5 (the first Saturday of the month). There may be board gamers there on the 29th but it is not an organized session.

On Tuesday night, July 25, Richard Irving will be in town and joining the GCOV session that night for gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that the next meeting at Game Parlor (Chantilly) is on 8/5 but, the WGA website listed an event on the 5th Saturday (7/29) in Herndon.

Unfortunately, the WGA website has been down for the last few days. I didn't write the address down, so it may be a moot point.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The event on 7/29 is at the home of Mike and Sallie Gibbs. If you go to the Games Club of Maryland site, they have a listing for the event and the directions. From the e-mail traffic I have seen there will be a fairly big and diverse group playing.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks.

I found the address by using google and looking at the cached copy of the page.

Now should I bring something (soda, chips, etc)?

Still not 100% sure I will make it, but going to give it a try. Kinda depends on family stuff...

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've missed the last two meetings but will be there this Tuesday (9/26)night. I'll have a few different things with me (Code 777, Dungon Twister 3/4 Player) in addition to the usual assortment of staple games.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
some "modern" boardgaming in the Balto-to-NoVa metro area [ now with added areas of Virginia and Pennsylvania ]

Usual Full Disclosure and OPT-OUT Directions The writer maintains a list of email addresses that reach over 400 people who play 'sociable strategy' games (also called 'German-style', or 'Euro-', or 'designer', or 'modern'
boardgames) in the Balto-DC-NoVa metro megalopolis. To minimize spamming, the list is used only in bcc, and only to announce upcoming gaming get-togethers (definite, or being planned). If you want an address added to the list, send an email from that address to salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov, saying "add me" (but of course remove the spam foiler). If you are receiving more copies of such messages than you would like to, please inform the writer (at the same address) about email addresses you would like to get removed from the list.
===============================================================
Table of Contents
Top o' the News
Upcoming Special Events
(Wargaming) Call to Arms
Genre Varietals
NoVa sociable strategy gaming
Maryland-suburbs-of-DC sociable strategy gaming
Other (and sometimes the same) areas
Top o' the News:

If you are a NoVa or DC female in your 20s or 30s and you want to experience a Bunco group that its organizer describes as sociable,
visit http://bunco.Meetup.com/93 (If you are
not already a Meetup.com member, membership is quick, easy and FREE). Log in to find more information and to join this group.
Here is the URL for the Wikipedia article on "Bunco," which poor, benighted, party-pooping gamer-salvo had never heard of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunco

The GCoM sites at Columbia and Parkville have submerged, merged, emerged as Elkridge.

GCoM announces establishment of capability for enabling small, semi-open groups -- see "Genre Varietals" section.

i'm updating this push too often -- from now on, if you send in a correction, don't expect to see it before the next month's issue.

New listing: miniatures group every other Friday night in Beltsville -- see the MD non-GCoM section.

Annapolis session now on second rather than third Saturdays.

Please note, right after the Special Events section, a "call to arms" for local wargamers (one listing added) and some sessions for longer non-combat boardgames.

Dawn Patrol is moving from Germantown (MD) to Falls Church (NoVa), but continuing on Sundays, probably 1pm--6pm; get in touch with salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov (but of course remove the spam foiler) for contact info.

In the Special Events section, there's info
on WAM V; on TerpCon (updated); and more.
Upcoming Special Events
[7]
EuroQuest 4 http://www.gamesclubofmd.org
Timonium, MD; Nov.9--12
Note: there is a separate "mini-con" for Breakout:Normandy,
"D-Day IX", being held at the same time at the same site:
http://www.boardgamers.org/specific/bkn06ann.htm
[7.5]
TerpCon, on the College Park campus of the University of Maryland, Saturday, November 18. For information, email
terpcon@gmail.com; also, games sign up webpage is
http://www.warhorn.net/terpconfall2006/
[8]
WAM V ("Winter Activation Meeting five") is Jan. 26-28,
2007 (with optional opening mulligans on Jan. 25) in Timonium, MD. It is a convention for two-player historical "card- driven" conflict games. Paths of Glory, Wilderness War,
and Twilight Struggle are featured tournaments. See
http://www.boardgamers.org/specific/wam07ann.htm
[9]
Enlightenment X (Age of Renaissance mini-con) is March 23-25,
2007, in Timonium, MD. See
http://www.boardgamers.org/specific/aor07ann.htm
[10]
In 2007, the annual "Games Days" offered by the Games Club of Maryland will occur on the first weekend in May. See
http://gamedays.gamesclubofmd.org/
[9.5]
PrezCon, Charlottesville, mid-to-late Feb.2007 -- details later. ===============================================================
A CALL TO ARMS!
I know many wargamers in the NoVa area, where i lived back when i was primarily a wargamer, some 20 years ago, and several of them are in the bcc for the monthly push you are currently reading. The DC and NoVa Wargaming Meetups are not very active, as far as i can tell, so i am offering this push as a clearing- house and a matching venue and as a supplement for the Meetups
-- anyone who wants to start or advertise a wargaming session, or who is looking for opponents, or who knows someone who fits either of those descriptions, please feel free to send me the
relevant info and i will post it here. As always:
salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov (but remove the spam foiler)
[Response #1]
Alex Brown (alex@homeofficesetup.com) wants to play short war- games (2-4 hrs) on Tuesday nights. Alex lives in Takoma Park and is willing to either host or travel.
[Response #2]
Dawn Patrol -- will be meeting Sunday afternoons in NoVa to play World in Flames, East Front (blocks), and other large multi-commander wargames, especially of WW2 -- also Seven Ages.
Will definitely be looking for a recruit by the Fall of 2006, preferably sooner.
[Response #3]
Would like to play Axis and Allies, any day of the week;
live in Alexandria. email: justin.mauger@gmail.com
[Response #4]
From: DJohn37050@aol.com -- a contact for possible gaming.
I live in Manassas, VA. I like old SPI games and monstergames.
My favs are War in Europe, War Between the States, VG Civil War, VG Pacific War, SPI Battles for the Ardennes (but not DG version), and SPI Battle for Stalingrad. I have ordered DG War in the Pacific.
[Response #5]
Gary Robinson (chuft@rcn.com) has just moved into the area and is looking for both wargamers and German gamers in D.C.
He lives in the Cleveland Park/Van Ness area close to a Metro stop -- could host on weeknights, and host or travel on weekends.
[Response #6]
bill salvatore is looking for opponents for Russia Besieged:
salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov, (but remove the spam foiler)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - GENRE VARIETALS

A. Longer games that include combat but are not focused on it:
[A1]
From: eric@ericgorr.net [mailto:eric@ericgorr.net] I was wondering if you could add an entry for an Advanced Civilization group that tries to meet four times a year to play the game in the DC Metro area. (With announcements for other games that will generally take place during the year) [A2] The Chess & Go Club at Lakeforest Mall
701 Russell Avenue in Gaithersburg, MD
Omar Pancoast, Club Coordinator
(301) 963-9122 / OPancoast3@chesscenter.net Chess & Go players meet in the food court:
M--F 6p--9:30p; and Sat./Sun. Noon--4p(or later) and other boardgames have been seen in play, also.
[A3]
bill salvatore is looking for opponents for Russia Besieged.

B. GCoM LIMITED
"GCOM Limited" is a new location type that will have regular
meetings with limited attendance. The description on the
location page will have information about the schedule and and about the types of games that are played there. Contact information will be listed, so that gamers can (mandatorily) let a host know that they are interested in attending in case a new player is needed. A record of games played will be useful for those possibly interested in attending.

C. Party Gaming
If you are a NoVa or DC female in your 20s or 30s and you want to experience a Bunco group that its organizer describes as sociable,
not already a Meetup.com member, membership is quick, easy and FREE). Log in to find more information and to join this group.
Here is the URL for the Wikipedia article on "Bunco," which poor, benighted, party-pooping gamer-salvo had never heard of:
regular gaming and upcoming local events, in conjunction with the NoVa/DC/Balto Boardgamers:

all "sociable strategy" / family board and card games:
..short wargames,
.."modern" boardgames,
..train games,
.."designer" games
.."beyond Monopoly" games
..abstract games,
..word games
Examples:
..A House Divided, Memoir '44, Blue&Gray Quads,
Up Front, Napoleon (blocks), Tigris and Euphrates ..Ticket to Ride (U.S, Europe, Märklin) ..Settlers of Catan (& the franchise), Carcassonne (& the franchise) ..Puerto Rico, Caylus, Power Grid (several maps) ..St. Petersburg, Palazzo, Princes of Florence ..Balloon Cup, San Juan, Tichu, Lost Cities, Tikal, Alhambra, Jambo ..Einfach Genial, Octiles, Quarto, Chess, Go, Xiangqi (& Shogi?) ..Scrabble, Boggle

(Don't hesitate to ask about longer games and miniatures, also!) Longer wargames -- advertise in the Call to Arms.
Longer boardgames -- advertise right after the Call to Arms Miniatures -- see entry for Winchester Table Top Gamers; &
there's a first-Friday session every month in Germantown (ask
salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov, but remove the spam foiler)
Card-Gaming: the area has several very active Meetups, especially for
Spades, Oh Hell!, Poker, and Mah-Jongg -- ask salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov (but of course remove the spam foiler).
Role-Playing: the area has several very active Meetups for
Dungeons and Dragons -- for directions, ask salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov (but of course remove the spam foiler).
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Northern Virginia section

First Saturdays at Game Parlor in Chantilly (see below)

Third Saturdays at Game Parlor in Woodbridge (see below)

Visit NoVaG.org (NOT! ".com") occasionally. They say that they meet every Friday night at the Game Parlor in Chantilly.

The closest other thing that the sister Game Parlor in Woodbridge has to anything that works for us "Modern Boardgamers" is an Axis and Allies Night every Thursday at 6pm.

Washington Gamers' Association,
First Saturday of every month at 10am
Game Parlor in Chantilly, 703-803-3114, gameparlor.com

(anomalously, a GCoM event!): Chantilly, Tuesdays, 6p-10p For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org .

nova comics www.novacomics.com novacomics@verizon.net
6324 Springfield Plaza Springfield, VA 22150
703-912-6682 they have gaming Saturday nights,
with inexpensive refreshments and a large assortment of "house" games for you to try out, which they are also eager to teach. and they are very welcoming of new faces, drop- ins, whatever -- do give these nice folks a try! Also, gaming maybe on Sunday afternoons -- call a few days ahead.

Winchester Table Top Gamers
(WTTG) http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/WTTG/
Meet first Friday of month at the Berryville, VA VFW Post. Free and open to public. Boardgames, miniatures, and card games. Check message board for updates. Also, The Game Haven in Winchester and JCC -- i need a member of WTTG to email me contact info for these two sites.

Army Group Nord: Tuesdays, 7pm til ?,
at the home of Roger Nord: 4253 Sleepy Lake Dr, Fairfax VA

Private Homes:
[1]
3rd Sat. of every month (usually even-numbered months in the Broadwater Dr. area of Fairfax, odd-numbered months in Franconia); please email karen@mail2Peace.com or call
703-246-8989 beforehand to ask for an invitation and directions.
[2]
Many Sunday afternoons/evenings, especially during Redskins season, in the Kingspark/Burke area; email salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov (remove the spam foiler) to request an invitation and directions.
[3]
The writer also knows of sites in NoVa (some Fridays, and most Saturdays) that meet at private homes -- email salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov (remove the spam foiler) and he will forward requests for info to the appropriate hosts.
Maryland section

-- Gaithersburg(20879) www.other-realms.com 301-990-0019 Other Realms (game store), 18226 Flower Hill Way
Third and fifth Sunday of every month, 10am--10pm
In conjunction with the Montgomery Gaming League
(contact: salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov; remove the spam foiler) This session usually has 6-8 attending. Directions:
From the Washington Beltway (495), get onto 270N, take 370E exit
Take Shady Grove Road (East) exit
At the 4th light, turn left onto MidCounty Highway
At the second light, turn right onto Woodfield Road
At the second light, turn right onto Flower Hill, then take
first right into shopping center containing Giant Food
Go left at top of T and park in lot on left
Other Realms is a few storefronts to the left of Starbucks

Boardgames "Meetup" on the second(?) Tuesday of every month in Silver Spring at 7pm. Sessions feature, among other games, team play of Wits&Wagers. For info, message Dominic Crapuchettes, Meetup's "Organizer" for these sessions, at
http://boardgames.meetup.com/329/events/4996794/
It appears that this is mostly a well-attended Trivia get- together, but there is a regular game of Wits&Wagers.

Some social gaming clubs (co-)organized by John Goon(*):
- Takoma Park Intergenerational Strategy Games Club
Host: John Goon, 301-315-8297, spineyone@yahoo.com
Co-host: Mary Feldman, Mkfeldman@starpower.net Victory Tower Retirement Center,
7051 Carroll Avenue, Takoma Park, MD
Sessions every Tuesday from 7:00pm to 9:15pm Pictures from 1st-anniversary session (April 20, 2006) at
http://web.mac.com/ravitz/iWeb/Site/GAMES%20NIGHT.html

- Bauer Drive Strategy Games Club
Host: Todd Heidenreich 301-519-7386 todd@capitalgo.org Bauer Drive Community Center,
14625 Bauer Drive, Rockville, MD
Sessions every Thursday from 6:00pm to 8:30pm

- Beltsville Strategy Games Club
Host: John Goon 301-315-8297 spineyone@yahoo.com
Beltsville Community Center,
3900 Sellman Road, Beltsville, MD
Sessions every Monday from 6:30pm to 9:00pm

- Greenbelt Strategy Games Club
Karen Haseley's email is khaseley@greenbeltmd.gov
Karen Haseley, CTRS 301-397-2208 (x2054)
Greenbelt Community Center
15 Crescent Rd., Greenbelt, MD 20770
Greenbelt Youth Center, Greenbelt, MD
Sessions every Tuesday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm or maybe 7pm--9pm (call to get latest info).

[For info about John Goon, see Laurel entry.]

JOHN CAMARANO has a group of gamers that meets at his house in Beltsville, MD every other Friday night for 4 hours or so to play a variety of miniatures games. Everything from colonial to sci- fi with an emphasis on WWII, and open to trying new things if someone wants to run something else. email Flashman1889@hotmail.com

Once a month or so, there's a get-together in Gaithersburg at a private home on a Saturday that is selected late in the previous month. email salvatore_b@bls.spammfoyler.gov (remove the spam foiler) and he will forward requests for info to the appropriate host.
Some other regular sites and times in Montgomery County (all Games Club of Maryland -- www.gamesclubofmd.org/ -- events):

- Germantown(20874)
Co-host: David Fair 301-528-0862 dafair@gmail.com
Host: Bob Jones rcrbjones@verizon.net
Borders Bookstore, Milestone Center, 20926 Frederick Rd.
(southwest corner where 27 crosses 355) Every 1st, 3rd, & 5th Monday evening, 6pm--10pm.
This session usually has 8-12 attending.

- Potomac(20854) every Wednesday from 7:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.
For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org .

- Rockville "South"(20852) http://www.dreamwizards.com/map.html
The last Thursday of every month from 7PM to 11PM For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org .

- Silver Spring "Downtown" (20910) Every Friday from 7p to 11:59p For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org .

The following two listings are a pair.
For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org :
(1) - Damascus(20872) 301-253-6273
Host: David Fair dafair@gmail.com
Co-Host: Noreen Fair noreen.k.fair@verizon.net
25604 Coltrane Drive, Damascus, MD, 20872
Every Friday (except the last Friday of the month)
from 7:00pm until about midnight or later

(2) - Middletown (21769). 301-371-8752
6518 Morningside Court, Middletown, MD;
Host: Scott Fisher scfishman@gmail.com.
Co-Host: David Fair dafair@gmail.com
Sessions are on the last Friday of each month at 7PM.

- Rockville "East"(20850) every Friday from 7:30p to 10:30p For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org .

- Silver Spring "Long Branch"(20901)
every Thursday from 6:30pm to 9:15pm

- Laurel Community Center Games Club
This group meets every Thursday from 6 to 930 pm in the pre-school room of the Laurel Community Center, 7901 Cypress Street (the first traffic light intersection north of Contee Road and Route 1). The club is free and open to all ages thanks to a generous donation of space and monies from the City of Laurel Recreation Department.
There are two on-site storage boxes of games that include Chess, Carcassonne, Lost Cities, Ingenious, Ticket to Ride, TransAmerica, Rummikub, Blokus, cards, dice, and the Settlers of Catan. In addition, members often bring their own favorites for show and play.
Other games played to date: Twixt, Niagara, Tayu, Razzia, Loot, Cribbage, Hoity- Toity, and more. For more information, contact John Weber at 301.776.2280 / jcw222@earthlink.net or John Goon at 301-613-8297 / spineyone@yahoo.com.
John Goon: American Go Association -- Community Outreach Coordinator
Founder: Arthur Lewis Go Club, Rockville Go & Chess Group, Hillandale Go Club, Beltsville Strategy Games Club, Long Branch Strategy Games Club, Laurel CC Games Club Takoma Park Intergenerational Strategy Games Club, Games Club of Maryland Supporting Member
PO Box 1745, Rockville, MD 20849-1745 spineyone@yahoo.com
H: 301-315-8297, W: 301-394-4288, C: 301-613-8297
http://www.erols.com/jgoon/links-go.htm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/GO_Outreach/
Other GCoM/GCoV/GCoP sites:
- Aberdeen, about every four weeks on Saturdays, noon--midnight.

- Baltimore (Alphabet Soup) Open gaming sessions on the 2nd & 4th Sundays of the month from noon until at least 6 PM For Directions Go To: http://www.bsfs.org/bsfsdrct.htm For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org .

- Annapolis SECOND Saturday of every month, from 6pm to 11pm For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org .

- Beltsville, Mondays 6:30pm - 9:15pm (but call to check) For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org .

- Brunswick, third Saturday of the month, 1pm--7pm.

- Elkridge every other Friday 7pm-2am and the third
Sunday of every month noon-8pm.

- Frederick every other Thursday at 7 pm and lasting
until whenever folks decide to go home (usually
between 10 and midnight). IMPORTANT: Participants
are expected to RSVP by phone or email by 6 PM on
game night if they are going to attend.

- Cyberspace, every Tuesday at 9 P.M.

- Fairfax City - GCOV every Friday from 7:30 PM to Midnight.

- Glen Burnie,
2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month, 6 PM--10 PM.

- Hillendale, first Saturday of every month: Noon--10 pm.

- Laurel, every other Thursday at 7 P.M.

- Herndon, 5th Saturday of every month, 1pm - 1am
(that is, about every three months or so).

- Potomac, every Wednesday from 7 P.M. to 10 P.M.

- Reisterstown, every other Friday at 7:30 PM.

- Salisbury:
1st, 3rd, and 5th Saturday of each month, 3PM--9PM.

- Sparks, 2nd Saturday of the month from 1 pm to late For further info, see http://www.gamesclubofmd.org .

- Westminster:
mostly 1st, 3rd, and 5th Tuesday of each month at 7p.

- West Chester - GCOP, fourth Saturday of the month.
National Opponent Finder: http://www.accessdenied.net
(don't be fooled by the linkname)
Worldwide Gamer Hangout and info repository:
boardgamegeek.com
Check out the yahoogroup "Modern Boardgames"
and the Google Group "Modern Boardgames"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Saturday Gaming - June 2 @ Game Parlor Chantilly

I plan to have Through the Ages, Perkiles, Combat Commander, and Metromania with me along with the usual assortment of standard fair (Power Grid with Expansions, Mykernos, etc.).

Tom McCorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great day of gaming today (June 2, 2007). Among the games played:

Through the Ages
Twilight Imperium 3
Conquest of the Empire
Web of Power
Das Amulett
Winds of Plunder
Imperial
Elkfest
Colosseum
Augsburg 1520
Twilight Struggle
Mykernos
Descent

Join us on Tuesday nights and the First Saturday of each month if you are in the area.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming this Saturday, March 1, 2008 10am to 10pm at the Game Parlor in Chantilly, VA

I'll have with me:

Agircola
Brass
Neroshima Hex
In the Year of the Dragon
Race for the Galaxy
1960: Making of the President
Pandemic
Dungeon Twister
Wabash Express

Hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.