Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any special recommendations, BGGers? My folks are big fans of Dixit, but also like Ticket to Ride and Carcassonne.

I can't see them being mega-shoppers, but if there's a place that's pleasant, has a decent selection and friendly staff that are patient with seniors and non-gamers with questions (lots of questions. My mom. Oy.), they might see a fair bit of business from all the folks that my parents are turning onto gateway games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
order online and have them shipped to your parents.

p.s. I used to live in Port Perry many (many) moons ago (Scugog Island) which is what attracted me to your post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
order online and have them shipped to your parents.
+1. That's what I do. GermanGames.com, MeepleMart.ca and Godboma.com have affordable prices and fixed-rate shipping. Definitely the best way to go, especially if purchasing more than 1 game at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melz Smitz
msg tools
I have a store in Oshawa that carries Ticket to Ride and other fantastic board games.Comic Alley Toys, 19 Simcoe street N. 905 433 8697.

Good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody, and thanks Melz.

My mom is of a generation that views online shopping with vast distrust, and it's not actually her that wants the game, but I was trying to keep the situation as stripped-down to "senior-friendly, crossover-game-stocked store" as possible for simplicity's sake.

Melz, do you carry Dixit? That's kind of the big one.

I'll pass on the mail-order recommendations as well, but they're "support your local business" kind of people, so I think the brick-and-mortar might win out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls