Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the Utah County Holiday No-Ship Math Trade

Deadlines:
Last Day to Add Games: Monday 12/10/2012 10PM MST
Last Day to Submit Want List: Wednesday 12/12/2012 10PM MST
Results posted shortly after Want List Deadline. If an error is found, please notify me immediately, and I will correct it.

Otherwise, results, once posted, are final!

Useful Links:
Boardgame Revolution - Our host for this math trade and one of Utah County's finest game stores.
Math_Trades - If you're new to Math Trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
OLWLG - Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Utah County Holiday No-Ship Math Trade - Actual trade geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Current Stats:

ALL Wants have been submitted
Num trades = 104 of 355 items (29.3%)
26 of the 31 users who have submitted wants have at least one trade (84%)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Results have been uploaded to the OLWLG. 107 trades total. Not too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A site wide math trade just went live. I think their due date is just before ours. I'd rather trade locally and save on the shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but I'd rather trade without shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could really participate in both trades if you wanted, since the other one ends before wants are due for ours.

That being said I think I'll save the shipping costs this time around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I would do if participating in both is I would add my games I wanted to trade to BOTH trade geeklists. Then when the site wide one's results are posted (Tuesday I think) I would make sure any items that traded in the site wide trade had blank want lists.

I'm not sure about mass geekmails to all BGG users in Utah. If there's a way to do it and people don't think it'd be too annoying I could do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend adding the math trade to the 'Trade and Auction Lists', so more people see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustin Miller wrote:
I recommend adding the math trade to the 'Trade and Auction Lists', so more people see it.
What 'Trade and Auction Lists'? I honestly am not sure what is being referred to. This trade has already been posted in the math trade announcement thread and this thread is in the Trades forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mb
I'll need to get someone to pick up my games for me. I have tickets to the MoTab Christmas Concert that night. So excited to see Alfie Boe (I'm a little bit of a broadway junkie....hopefully you guys won't hold that against me). laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycoe wrote:
Dustin Miller wrote:
What 'Trade and Auction Lists'? I honestly am not sure what is being referred to. This trade has already been posted in the math trade announcement thread and this thread is in the Trades forum.
When you create a geeklist you can check a box labeled 'Trade/Auction List?' and it will be added to the 'Trade and Auction Lists' on the front page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustin Miller wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
Dustin Miller wrote:
When you create a geeklist you can check a box labeled 'Trade/Auction List?' and it will be added to the 'Trade and Auction Lists' on the front page.
Done. I had that check box marked, but I also marked the one to not show it on the front page because I thought that was to keep it out of the normal geeklist section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad the exchange day is on the Opening Day of the Hobbit. I probably won't make it now. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninjabob wrote:
Too bad the exchange day is on the Opening Day of the Hobbit. I probably won't make it now. soblue
Bob,

You can just drop your trades by my place and I'll take care of it for you if you'd like. If you don't remember I'm just in Spanish Fork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug S
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for this but I have no idea how to add games to the geeklist.
N/M Figured it out finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dfour wrote:
I'm in for this but I have no idea how to add games to the geeklist.
The easiest way is to use the OLWLG (On-line Want List Generator) to add games. If you haven't used the OLWLG before I would read this link.
It does a good job of telling you how to sign up to use the OLWLG and do your want list, but not really how to add your items.

After you've signed up to use the OLWLG what you should do to add your games is make sure the games you want to trade are marked as "For Trade" in your BGG collection. Then make sure your collection is "synced" with the OLWLG. (The link to do this is under the list of active math trades and 3 red notes. Then under "Other Active Math Trade(s)" (or "Your Active Math Trade(s)" if you've already added an item) look for "Utah County Holiday No-Ship Math Trade".

There will be a series of icons under it. Click the
icon. This will take you to a page listing all the games you've marked for trade.
Fill in the info for each game you want to add to this trade and click the "Add this to Geeklist" button for each game.

Once your entry looks how you want for a game click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.

I know this is kind of a lot of information to take in, but I promise it's really easy once you've participated in one math trade. If this is confusing please ask more questions in this thread or geekmail me directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug S
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeremy! I work in IT for a living and even I couldn't decode this OLWLG trickery without your awesome instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug S
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind. Looks like the submit option will become available during the submit window.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Li
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy,

How about a wish list? For people to put games they wish to see in the trade list?

Usually saw those with other trades.

--- Ken ---

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may add any games you wish to see in the trade here, I'm not going to create a separate list at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tyler
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycoe wrote:
add any games you wish to see
Succumbing to the cult of the new:
Village
Lords of Waterdeep
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Trajan
18xx

Maybe available next year:
Terra Mystica
Clash of Cultures
Mice and Mystics
Ground Floor
CO2
Love Letter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jeremy,

I went through up to step 5, I just had a quick question, are we unable to submit our want list yet? I couldn't see a button to do or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tyler
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
are we unable to submit our want list yet?
I don't think you can submit your want list until Monday night at 10pm when the opportunity to add games closes.

This ensures everyone carefully considers all submitted games and not just the early ones. I've got to believe we are going to see some really awesome games added in the next few days. You will for sure need to put some of them on your want lists.

Of course, you will be able to submit updated want lists between Monday night (the 10th) and Wednesday night (the 12th) of next week. I suppose you could argue why not allow want lists to be submitted now knowing you can always update them later as new games are added. However I agree with the current model that encourages you to see all the games before submitting your first want list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Mark said, you can't submit until Monday night. That being said working on your want list as games are added is a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |