Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
74 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Utah County Holiday No-Ship Math Trade Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
I'm up in Logan, without much of a chance of making it down to Orem on the 14th. Is there anybody else from up here that might be going down? And failing that, I'm planning on driving through on the 22nd, would it be acceptable to hold any of the games I might get in the trade until that day and I can drop my games off then? Or would that be too complicated? This would be my first math trade, and I'd rather start on a smaller, local no shipping one than on the huge one going on right now, but if it would be too complicated I can take my chances on the big one Either way, thanks for having this trade and for the information.

-Dan

Also, I definitely think you should GM all the utah people about this trade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: My wife says I have too many board gamesMicrobadge: Watch it Played fanMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner LCG fanMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Adam Poots Games "Kingdom Death: Monster" Contest participant
SpiderCircus wrote:
I'm up in Logan, without much of a chance of making it down to Orem on the 14th. Is there anybody else from up here that might be going down? And failing that, I'm planning on driving through on the 22nd, would it be acceptable to hold any of the games I might get in the trade until that day and I can drop my games off then? Or would that be too complicated? This would be my first math trade, and I'd rather start on a smaller, local no shipping one than on the huge one going on right now, but if it would be too complicated I can take my chances on the big one Either way, thanks for having this trade and for the information.

-Dan

Also, I definitely think you should GM all the utah people about this trade.
My mother-in-law is coming down on Thurs the 13th from Mendon. I don't think she would mind bringing your stuff down and back up that weekend if you dropped off and picked up anything you traded at my in-laws place. If you get a trade, just let me know.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
Just a reminder that you have until 10 PM to submit items for this math trade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug S
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
Microbadge: It's Always Sunny In PhiladelphiaMicrobadge: Foxes are cleverMicrobadge: PirateMicrobadge: I use BitcoinsMicrobadge: Dark Souls series fan
Crap, I just realized the day the trade is going down is this Friday. For some reason I was thinking it was Wednesday night. I have a work party of Friday and there is no way I can make it down but I still want to participate in the trade.

Is there somebody who I can give my games who will be down there and can pick up the traded games for me? Or I can drop my games off Friday afternoon and come back on Saturday to pick them up if the store will hold them for me. I live in South Jordan so it would be easier if somebody lived up here that's going down who could do the trade for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Gaming is in my DNAMicrobadge: The Piano Guys fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young UniversityMicrobadge: Mmmm, Fudge!Microbadge: Purple Seal of Goodness
dfour wrote:
Crap, I just realized the day the trade is going down is this Friday. For some reason I was thinking it was Wednesday night. I have a work party of Friday and there is no way I can make it down but I still want to participate in the trade.

Is there somebody who I can give my games who will be down there and can pick up the traded games for me? Or I can drop my games off Friday afternoon and come back on Saturday to pick them up if the store will hold them for me. I live in South Jordan so it would be easier if somebody lived up here that's going down who could do the trade for me.
I work in SLC and live in Lehi. If necessary, I could stop by and pick them up for you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug S
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
Microbadge: It's Always Sunny In PhiladelphiaMicrobadge: Foxes are cleverMicrobadge: PirateMicrobadge: I use BitcoinsMicrobadge: Dark Souls series fan
xldh wrote:
dfour wrote:
Crap, I just realized the day the trade is going down is this Friday. For some reason I was thinking it was Wednesday night. I have a work party of Friday and there is no way I can make it down but I still want to participate in the trade.

Is there somebody who I can give my games who will be down there and can pick up the traded games for me? Or I can drop my games off Friday afternoon and come back on Saturday to pick them up if the store will hold them for me. I live in South Jordan so it would be easier if somebody lived up here that's going down who could do the trade for me.
I work in SLC and live in Lehi. If necessary, I could stop by and pick them up for you.
This would be awesome! In fact I have to drive to Lehi on Wednesday anyway so if my games get traded I could just swing by your place or we could meet up somewhere around there. Alternatively I work in the Fort Union area.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
It is now time to create and submit your wantlists. You have until 10 PM Wednesday to do so.

If you don't know how to submit, here's how it works:

-Log on to the OLWLG
-Find this math trade (should be near the top of the page in the Your Active Math Trade(s) section)
-Click the Step 4 logo (yellow, circular)
-Fill out your checkboxes (if there's nothing here and you don't know how to add wants, see one of the math trade tutorials...I don't have the link handy, but feel free to write back and I can help you if you're lost)
-Click Submit Your Lists Here!
-Look over the summary to see if you made any mistakes
-When you're satisfied, click the Submit My Wants button

That's it! If you've done it correctly, you'll get an automated GeekMail confirmation from JeffyJeff (so, if you don't have a confirmation, it didn't work). You can make edits all the way up to the deadline, so feel free to make changes even after you've submitted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Gaming is in my DNAMicrobadge: The Piano Guys fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young UniversityMicrobadge: Mmmm, Fudge!Microbadge: Purple Seal of Goodness
I hope I did the duplicate protection correctly...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Gifford
United States
West Valley City
UT
flag msg tools
www.saltcon.com
badge
www.saltcon.com
Avatar
Microbadge: SaltCon attendeeMicrobadge: Board Game Designers Guild of UtahMicrobadge: Northern Utah Gamers' Guild memberMicrobadge: The Wheel of Time fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fan
Lets get it on!

I did a bunch of trades of my stuff for stuff to put in the SaltCON game library so hopefully that facilitates more trades all around!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
Current Stats:

MISSING 211 WANTS (59.4%) FROM 18 USER(s) (58%)
Num trades = 33 of 144 items (22.9%)
11 of the 13 users who have submitted want have at least one trade (85%)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
xldh wrote:
I hope I did the duplicate protection correctly...
I checked out your wants and it looks like you did do the duplicate protection correctly
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Elison
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: VikingMicrobadge: Blood Bowl fanMicrobadge: Scum and Villainy
Yeah that duplicate protection threw me for a loop. I just assumed if I got a dupe I could sell it or trade it off later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
The reason I'm offering Small World in this trade is because I messed up my duplicate protection a few math trades ago and now have 2 copies.
bartimus95 wrote:
Yeah that duplicate protection threw me for a loop. I just assumed if I got a dupe I could sell it or trade it off later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
UPDATE:

MISSING 116 WANTS (32.6%) FROM 9 USER(s) (29%)
Num trades = 58 of 239 items (24.3%)
19 of the 22 users who have submitted wants have at least one trade (86%)

Remember that you have just over 24 hours to submit/update your wants.

If you want to know if you are currently getting a trade (yes or no only, I won't give you a number of trades) geekmail me and I'll let you know. Everyone is allowed to ask ONCE.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
Missing wants from the following users:

Amuro_ray_nt
colmustard21
dblayton
dcammack33
Dustin Miller
ghostbusterbob
kcBagz
Styro
ytter
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Alan WattsMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Pax Pamir fanMicrobadge: Warning: this object does not existMicrobadge: Math Trader
jeremycoe wrote:
UPDATE:


If you want to know if you are currently getting a trade (yes or no only, I won't give you a number of trades) geekmail me and I'll let you know. Everyone is allowed to ask ONCE.
Oooooh, nice. I'm going to wait until we get closer to the deadline.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
UPDATE:

MISSING 97 WANTS (27.3%) FROM 7 USER(s) (22.5%)
Num trades = 64 of 258 items (24.8%)
20 of the 24 users who have submitted wants have at least one trade (83%)

Remember that you have just over 13 hours to submit/update your wants.

If you want to know if you are currently getting a trade (yes or no only, I won't give you a number of trades) geekmail me and I'll let you know. Everyone is allowed to ask ONCE.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
Missing wants from the following users:

Amuro_ray_nt
colmustard21
dblayton
dcammack33
Dustin Miller
ghostbusterbob
ytter
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
UPDATE:

MISSING 61 WANTS (17.1%) FROM 4 USER(s) (12.9%)
Num trades = 81 of 294 items (27.6%)
23 of the 27 users who have submitted wants have at least one trade (85%)

Remember that you have just over 10 hours to submit/update your wants.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim LeBaron
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play Dominion on my Android with Androminion.Microbadge: Dinosaur IslandMicrobadge: UtahMicrobadge: I Speak Portuguese (Brazilian)Microbadge: Fresco fan - I never get up early
Is there any way to see a list of which games were offered for games that didn't make a trade?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
When the trade is done there is a link in the OLWLG called "Who Wanted Mine" that will tell you what want lists your items were on. You could also look at the raw "Wants" file.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
Avatar
Microbadge: I enjoy the repetition.Microbadge: GeekGold TipperMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: To infinity ... and beyond!
The night of my first math trade! I'm as nervous as I was on my wedding night. laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
UPDATE:

ALL Wants have been submitted
Num trades = 104 of 355 items (29.3%)
26 of the 31 users who have submitted wants have at least one trade (84%)

Remember that you have just under 2 hours to update your wants.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Puerto Rico: Anniversary Edition fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Good Luck Troll shall ensure my G4GG victory!Microbadge: Golden Board Game Collector
jeremycoe wrote:

Num trades = 104 of 355 items (29.3%)
26 of the 31 users who have submitted wants have at least one trade (84%)
This is my first MT. Is this considered good? Looks promising to me but I have no basis for comparison.

Thanks for posting the status. I've been listlessly browsing the site for 30 minutes wondering how the MT was going.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCarroll
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my reviews at www.nerdbloggers.com
badge
Hi!
Avatar
Microbadge: Video Game ProgrammerMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: Fortnite fanMicrobadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Reviewer
GearPimp wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:

Num trades = 104 of 355 items (29.3%)
26 of the 31 users who have submitted wants have at least one trade (84%)
This is my first MT. Is this considered good? Looks promising to me but I have no basis for comparison.

Thanks for posting the status. I've been listlessly browsing the site for 30 minutes wondering how the MT was going.
For such a small MT, with a small number of participants (compared to the site-wide trades), this is a really good turn-out. I think no-ship helps, because people are willing to trade their lower cost games without having to commit to $12 in shipping for each one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |