Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Alan WattsMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Pax Pamir fanMicrobadge: Warning: this object does not existMicrobadge: Math Trader
Wow, those results were almost instantaneous!

I think my son will really like Talisman. Yeah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
The results are posted in the OLWLG. 107 trades seems really good. I think a lot of people are going to be very pleased with the results. I know I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug S
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
Microbadge: It's Always Sunny In PhiladelphiaMicrobadge: Foxes are cleverMicrobadge: PirateMicrobadge: I use BitcoinsMicrobadge: Dark Souls series fan
Not bad. Was hoping to get rid of some of eaten by zombies and my two graxia games. If anybody is interested in those still just shoot me a geekmail.

Thanks for putting this together, Jeremy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: SaltCon attendeeMicrobadge: Meeple Nation Podcast fan - villagerMicrobadge: Cooperative? This is Sparta!Microbadge: I joined the NUGG and all I got were these microbadges.Microbadge: Oingo Boingo fan
If you didn't trade everything you wanted to, no sweat. There will be another Utah no-ship math trade where we'll meet at SaltCon in Feb.

Thanks for putting this one together! Now I just have to figure out how I'm getting down to Provo on Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Gaming is in my DNAMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young UniversityMicrobadge: Mmmm, Fudge!Microbadge: Purple Seal of Goodness
None of my games were picked. I am not too surprised though.
They are still for trade if anyone wants to work out a deal. I see some of the games I wanted were also not traded. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
Microbadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: End the run.Microbadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Dune fan
I got one game I actually took off of my want list. Hoping that was a mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: SaltCon attendeeMicrobadge: Meeple Nation Podcast fan - villagerMicrobadge: Cooperative? This is Sparta!Microbadge: I joined the NUGG and all I got were these microbadges.Microbadge: Oingo Boingo fan
If you forgot to resubmit your wantlist after you made changes, then it would still trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Gifford
United States
West Valley City
UT
flag msg tools
www.saltcon.com
badge
www.saltcon.com
Microbadge: SaltCon attendeeMicrobadge: Board Game Designers Guild of UtahMicrobadge: Northern Utah Gamers' Guild memberMicrobadge: The Wheel of Time fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fan
I only had 6 trades? Come on people! We need you to try harder next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
Microbadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: I am a Terra Mystica fan!Microbadge: End the run.Microbadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: Dune fan
Yup it was my bad! Luckily I'm totally okay with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim LeBaron
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play Dominion on my Android with Androminion.Microbadge: Dinosaur IslandMicrobadge: UtahMicrobadge: I Speak Portuguese (Brazilian)Microbadge: Fresco fan - I never get up early
If anyone is interested in my games that didn't get traded, let me know. I also got 2 copies of pirate's cove if someone was looking for that (I didn't protect because I figured I can trade it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tyler
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: King Crab LoverMicrobadge: Gaming is best with many playersMicrobadge: Tichu fan
Thanks Kolby for re-suggesting we have a local math trade and big thanks to Jeremy for running this trade.

I recommend everyone record each item you send and receive in the BoardGameGeek Trade Manager. Math trades are a great way to build up your positive trade rating at double the speed of a regular 1-to-1 trade. Why double, you ask? Because you are most likely sending your game to a person different than the person from whom you are receiving a game. Each item sent and received has to be recorded as a separate transaction. So trading 6 games results in 12 positive transactions assuming everyone is pleased with your games and you are pleased that your recipients were pleased.

To initiate a trade, your games must be marked as "For Trade". Then if you go in the OLWGL results summary and look under your name, you will see the names of your recipients. The cool thing is that if you click on their name, you don't go to their profile, you go directly to a trade screen. Checkmark the game you are sending, click preview to make sure it looks right (it should appear that you are giving a game for nothing in return), and send it.

Once the other person accepts your offer, the next steps are to ship the game (this is easy, just say no shipping needed), provide positive feedback once you receive the game or the other person receives your game. It is really pretty straightforward once the ball is rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
Microbadge: I enjoy the repetition.Microbadge: GeekGold TipperMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: To infinity ... and beyond!
m_r_tyler wrote:
Thanks Kolby for re-suggesting we have a local math trade and big thanks to Jeremy for running this trade.
Hear hear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim LeBaron
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play Dominion on my Android with Androminion.Microbadge: Dinosaur IslandMicrobadge: UtahMicrobadge: I Speak Portuguese (Brazilian)Microbadge: Fresco fan - I never get up early
I haven't done a math trade before. For the exchange I don't think I can be down to board game revolution until a little later, do I need to find someone I can send my games with that will be there at the 6:30 start time? Or maybe do a pre 6:30 drop off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: Valiant Comics fanMicrobadge: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young University
agguru wrote:
I haven't done a math trade before. For the exchange I don't think I can be down to board game revolution until a little later, do I need to find someone I can send my games with that will be there at the 6:30 start time? Or maybe do a pre 6:30 drop off?
I would consult with those you are trading with (on both sides of the trade). As long as your not super late I bet it wouldn't be a problem. With trades good communication is the most important thing.

Alternatively I know some people have arranged with Boardgame Revolution to drop off their games beforehand. I haven't been involved directly with arranging early drop offs, but if you give them a call I bet they'd help you work something out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Now we get to the fun part of the trade, the actual exchanges! The exchange will take place Friday night at Boardgame Revolution in Orem. Their game night starts at 6:30 and runs until late. I doubt everyone will be showing up at the same time, so if possible it would help if you can stay and play some games. I know I wouldn't mind being taught a few of the games I've scored in this trade

I think the biggest thing that will allow everyone to come away from this trade having had a good experience is good communication. Let everyone you are trading with (on both sides of the trade) know what your plans are for getting your games to Boardgame Revolution and for picking up your new ones.

Like Mark said earlier in this thread, using the BoardGameGeek Trade Manager is a great way to communicate and manage your individual trades. I've received one trade request so far that was perfect. It let me know who was bringing my item and picking up theirs in return(not the trader). I plan to send out my other requests shortly.

One last note: Boardgame Revolution has been very generous to allow us to conduct the trade at their store. Please if you can give them some business. If you haven't been there before they are a great store that offers games at 20-25% off MSRP. They also have a great game rental program that allows you to rent games for 10 days and then apply the rental fee towards a purchase when you return the game on time.

Thanks all for your participation and I'm excited to see everyone Friday night!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
Microbadge: I enjoy the repetition.Microbadge: GeekGold TipperMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: To infinity ... and beyond!
I wasn't planning on being there at exactly 6:30, either.

agguru wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim LeBaron
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
Is there anyone in the Salt Lake area that is going down early that I can send games with? I'm planning on going down but it won't be until a little later. I don't want to keep people waiting. I can come to you if you are available to take some games down, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Elison
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: VikingMicrobadge: Blood Bowl fanMicrobadge: Scum and Villainy
I have left a gray crate in the back room of BGR. Thanks to Chris and others there at Revolution for hosting! If anyone has items going my way if you could just put them in that crate with my name on it, thanks.

Bart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Alan WattsMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Pax Pamir fanMicrobadge: Warning: this object does not existMicrobadge: Math Trader
Wow, so many Utah county gamers I haven't met. The scene is really exploding. What a great math trade! I managed to make some side trades and took home Battlelore and Descent, 2nd edition as well as Talisman. Not sure where this Fantasy Warfare compulsion is coming from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCarroll
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my reviews at www.nerdbloggers.com
badge
Hi!
Microbadge: Video Game ProgrammerMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: Fortnite fanMicrobadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Reviewer
Thanks for the trades! Sorry I couldn't stay and meet everyone, but I had my family waiting outside in the car. I promise I wasn't a homeless man that wandered into the shop :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
I'm jealous... wish I could make it down there. Eventually I'll be more mobile, just not yet. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim LeBaron
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone for participating, and thanks to BGR for hosting. It was good to meet you guys. I have left positive feedback for all. I'll be looking forward to another Math trade in February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
Thanks to everyone for participating and making this trade such a success. There will be a math trade associated with SaltCon in February that I'd encourage everyone to participate in and maybe we'll do another one like this in June or July if everyone wants.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Elison
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Descent fanMicrobadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: VikingMicrobadge: Blood Bowl fanMicrobadge: Scum and Villainy
Thanks for managing that! And thank you to those that were willing to work with my goofy situation of not being present for the trade. That was fun, I look forward to Feb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  |