Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like my business in going to have me transplanted from Tampa, FL to Tolleson, AZ for a significant portion of the next couple of months. Naturally, I was wondering if any folks in the Phoenix area could recommend some FLGS locations. I always like to shop at new stores!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to check out the AZ Boardgamers group on yahoo - http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/azboardgamers/

The Game Den has gaming every Friday night from roughly 4:30 - midnight and again on saturday from noon to 8:00PM

1239 E McKellips Rd., Suite 116
Mesa, AZ 85203
Phone: 480-844-0470

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
The best store for board games (or any games, really) is the Game Depot in Tempe. Make sure you talk to Dave or Patty who are the owners. If they don't have it in stock, they will order it for you.

They are on the other side of the Valley from Tolleson, but several of us travel further than where you will be to get our games from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sato
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, yeah, what they said.

I could list a few others, but those are the two best in the area and are well worth the drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies! It looks like I may have to make some new friends. If I have to spend some weekends 1800 miles away from the wife and kids, at least it looks like I can find a game group to latch onto at the Game Den. That should keep me out of trouble. Excellent news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies! It looks like I may have to make some new friends. If I have to spend some weekends 1800 miles away from the wife and kids, at least it looks like I can find a game group to latch onto at the Game Den. That should keep me out of trouble. Excellent news!

I am willing to bet we can get you in more trouble Bring the checkbook and we will see how many games you buy and have to ship home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike: Unlike some of us, he might actually have some control over his purchases. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Southwest
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are the best two stores.

For a quick westside fix, you can hit the game store in the metro center mall (Dunlap exit on Route 17 north of downtown and the 10). Not as good as the other stores listed, but the owner is friendly and will special order anything and will give you a 10% discount if you mention that you heard he would do that in order to compete with the online stores. Gaming space too -but they mostly play CCGs and Wizkids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Johnson
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Imperial Outpost in Glendale is a good store to shop at too. Though their board game selection isn't perfect but they're looking to hit board games a lot harder in 2006, and get a regular board game night going as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls