United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As the title says, is the conversion kit worth getting just to use my Runewars heroes in Descent: 2nd edition? I know that the Runewars minis are supposed to be the same as those from 1st edition.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
It's worth it, you can just proxy the heroes and monsters if you don't own the real things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Any hero/monster can act as a proxy for the conversion kit as long as they have the same (or similar) base size/shape. I'd say that it's worth it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
Any hero/monster can act as a proxy for the conversion kit as long as they have the same (or similar) base size/shape. I'd say that it's worth it!

How do you know what base-size the monster should use?

I know it would never happen but I would buy a 1st ed mini set if FFG would put one out. I'm wierd and hate using proxies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
slinkydink wrote:

How do you know what base-size the monster should use?

There's some threads that describe how big each monster is in terms of the number of squares they take up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
Ubercat wrote:
As the title says, is the conversion kit worth getting just to use my Runewars heroes in Descent: 2nd edition? I know that the Runewars minis are supposed to be the same as those from 1st edition.

Thanks!

check this out..

List of Runewars monsters useable in Descent, inc. BoW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.