United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a nephew in Delta that might be looking to buy some games soon. What are his options for local game stores, if any?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, boards and bits has moved, or I would suggest that.

There is Checkmate Games in Toledo, which I have found to have good service, and standard prices. They will custom order anything you want. I avoid The Game Room in Toledo like the plague.

Also, you should send him down our way to game, Delta is only about 40 minutes away, and we are always welcoming new gamers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:

There is Checkmate Games in Toledo, which I have found to have good service, and standard prices. They will custom order anything you want. I avoid The Game Room in Toledo like the plague.

Also, you should send him down our way to game, Delta is only about 40 minutes away, and we are always welcoming new gamers!
He's not driving age yet, so that might be an issue. I'll see about it, though. Played Little Devils and We Didn't Playtest This: Legacies with him today, both of which he loved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooooo I wants Little Devils!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Coon
Germany
Riedlingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:

Why do you avoid The Game Room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only had negative experiences at the game room. I've found the fellow gamers ride and not welcoming. The staff was mostly unhelpful our acted bothered I was asking questions the several times I went.

Checkmate has generally been the opposite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Abercrombie
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I concur. Checkmate is the better option in the Toledo area. Helpful and friendly staff. Location is well lit and clean. Selection, however, is better at The Game Room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
I have a nephew in Delta that might be looking to buy some games soon. What are his options for local game stores, if any?

There is a game store that just opened in Archbold, which is somewhat near Delta. I haven't been there yet, but several of my group have, and claim its decent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Liggett
United States
Celina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how often his family gets to Ft. Wayne, but there is a shop on the north side called Nerdvana Games. They are on FB and have a website you can order on. Good loyalty program, not pushy or judge mental. Not a lot of gaming space, but friendly owners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls