Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://the-gameboard.com/

1832 N. 8th Street
Sheboygan, WI 53081

Just wanted to give some publicity to this great shop. My wife and I were spending time in Kohler for the holidays and went into Sheboygan Christmas Eve morning to check the area out. Much of the town was quiet and shops weren't open till later in the afternoon, but a quick search on Google Maps led me here. While it didn't look like much from the outside and was located a little distance from the downtown area, what a find! Good sellection of games, nice staff, and good prices. I ended up walking in "just to check it out" and walked out with a couple of games and some Magic singles. We spent plenty of time chatting and it made us wish we could have spent all day playing! Kudos!

Go check this place out, it's beyond friendly and fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not been eaten yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well to be fair, it's not much of a meal! Maybe a small snack on the way to Milwaukee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
Well to be fair, it's not much of a meal! Maybe a small snack on the way to Milwaukee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as were being silly I'm reminded of my Dad's bad jokes about Sheboygan or (Cheboygan,MI in my case).

A native american had 9 boys but kept trying to have a girl. They moved to a new area and decided to have one more try at a girl. They named their new town after their new baby she-boy-again... groan....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I agree with everything that
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
says. I'm also in the area for the holidays and we ended up visiting the shop three times to hang out.

It's not large, but it manages to have a good selection anyway, and it has playing space and, even better, a large selection of games to play in the space. These games can also be rented if you want to take them home for a night or two to try them out. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endless dreamer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
It's not been eaten yet?

Actually, I have not spotted "The Creature That Ate Sheboygan" yet! And, I'm a little sad about it (fake sniffle). lol. Great reference though!

For those of you who haven't heard of it, there is a board game with that title. And honestly, I haven't play it 'yet'- but (points to massive scroll) it's on my to-do list!!

EDIT: Thanks to 'Tool' I now have a copy of it!! Ta Da!!! Dan- when are you coming back into town so we can play this!? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
endlsdremr wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
It's not been eaten yet?

Actually, I have not spotted "The Creature That Ate Sheboygan" yet! And, I'm a little sad about it (fake sniffle). lol. Great reference though!

For those of you who haven't heard of it, there is a board game with that title. :) And honestly, I haven't play it 'yet'- but (points to massive scroll) it's on my to-do list!!
It's a great old game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Potyen
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: The GameBoard in Sheboygan
THANK YOU kiss, everyone from The GameBoard!
We had a lovely Christmas holiday enhanced by visits from our 'out of state' friends. I contend we are the luckiest game store because we have the best customers "stop in" and end up "staying".

Sheboygan is such a tiny little place and people don't expect to find such a thriving table top gaming community! Yes, we are a small (900 sq ft) store but what we don't have in 'space' we make up in 'everything else'!

SO once again, Pete, Dan and all your families...from the bottom of my heart and the top of my lungs....THANK YOU!

Lynn Potyen, Owner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls