Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Skaufel
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I hope it's ok for me to post in this forum.
In the beginning of the New year I will make a shoort business trip to Seattle. If I get any spare time I'm hoping to pick up a game or two. Now I'm looking for recommendations om where to do so.
I don't know where I will be staying or anything so feel free to recommend stores in any area.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stone
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Card Kingdom in Ballard (a neighborhood of Seattle on the west side of the city) is pretty great - it's not that close to downtown but it is worth the trip! If you had the time, you could also visit the Scandinavian Heritage Museum in Ballard while you're there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Tucker
Indonesia
Jakarta
flag msg tools
designer
(This space intentionally left blank.)
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can make the drive down to Olympia, Olympic Cards and Comics is the best game store I have been too (and I have been to many game stores in many cities). It is about an hour from Seattle, and it is worth the drive. My wife's family is from WA, and I make it a point to visit every time now.

I have tried visiting some stores in Seattle, but I haven't found any as good. Maybe someone who lives in the area will have better info about closer stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just in Seattle a couple weeks ago. Card Kingdom is great!! Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Another suggestion for Card Kingdom, they have a small cafe attached also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

When I was in Seattle a few years ago, I was very impressed with Blue Highway Games. Great selection, a gaming area, and if I recall, they ran game nights in the evenings.

Not from the area and have no idea if they're still a good choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Brophy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Card Kingdom in Ballard has a great (albeit extremely busy) cafe area attached to it. Blue Highway Games in upper Queen Anne has a wonderful and knowledgeable staff. I believe there is also Gamma Ray Games in Capitol Hill, but I still haven't made it there yet.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Coleman
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Greenlake Games in N Seattle and Blue Highway Games in Upper Queen Anne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While not so much a store as a warehouse for an online site, Card Haus is located about 30 minutes north of Seattle. http://www.cardhaus.com/retail_store

If you're on the eastside, there's plenty of good stores, like Uncles Games, and Dragon's Lair. Many tech companies = many geeks

Nearer to Seattle, Card Kingdom (in Ballard) is good and Greenlake Games (in Greenlake). I haven't been to any in the core downdown part of Seattle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
williambpearson wrote:
I believe there is also Gamma Ray Games in Capitol Hill, but I still haven't made it there yet.

We popped into Gamma Ray looking for a scheduled gaming event. It seems tiny tiny, but maybe had more stuff upstairs (I think it had stairs?). So just for shopping I wouldn't recommend it at this point. About a block up they had Ray Gun Lounge, which had the biggest tables I've ever seen at a gaming place. Huge! Almost too big. So it was a fun place to play, but they didn't have a great selection of food/drinks. And the game library was pretty small, iirc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary's Games in Greenwood (north part of Seattle) has a pretty good selection of games (board and RPG), a few model kits and other hobby items. They also have a used game selection that sometimes has good stuff in it. Plus, TONS of bridge supplies.

In actual downtown Seattle, Golden Age Collectibles in the Pike Place Market has some games, lots of comics and other geek items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hectarion wrote:
While not so much a store as a warehouse for an online site, Card Haus is located about 30 minutes north of Seattle. http://www.cardhaus.com/retail_store

If you're on the eastside, there's plenty of good stores, like Uncles Games, and Dragon's Lair. Many tech companies = many geeks

Nearer to Seattle, Card Kingdom (in Ballard) is good and Greenlake Games (in Greenlake). I haven't been to any in the core downdown part of Seattle.

You might scratch Cardhaus from that list, they are moving to the Midwest at the beginning of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Coleman
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
Hectarion wrote:

You might scratch Cardhaus from that list, they are moving to the Midwest at the beginning of the year.

They have a great sale going on though. Hate to see them leave. I've bought a lot of games from them. Looks like ill have to wait for the mailman now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Skaufel
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.
I now know that I will be staying downtown, on Alaskan Way, so I will try to check out Card Kingdom and Blue Highway Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun! You're right on the water so be sure to check out all the pier activities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
skullflame wrote:
Thanks everyone.
I now know that I will be staying downtown, on Alaskan Way, so I will try to check out Card Kingdom and Blue Highway Games.

If you're into walking, Gamma Ray is a walk straight up Pine street. As mentioned earlier, Golden Age Collectibles is a comic book store that also has some board games, and it's located in the basement of Pike Place Market. Both of these will be very close to you. Blue Highway is a long walk, or a bus ride just a bit North. Card Kingdom isn't walkable, but if you have a rental car, you could get there...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Edmonsds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skullflame wrote:
Thanks everyone.

You can't go wrong with either of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
skullflame wrote:
Thanks everyone.

You can't go wrong with either of those.

True. Good stores, good people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Skaufel
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got back from my trip to Seattle. Loved the city, but unfortunately I didn't have that much spare time. I did however make it to Gamma Ray on Pine. Picked up Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game, Android: Netrunner and a used copy of Arkham Horror.
The staff was very friendly, and if I'm ever in town again I would definitely pay them another visit.

Cheers,
Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Sullivan
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just in Seattle before Christmas to see Louis CK live at the Paramount. While I was there I decided to check out Blue Highway Games. Man oh man, what a place. The prices were reasonable, the selection was terrific, and they have lots of open games for you to check out before you buy. I picked up a copy of Fantastiqa and a portable cribbage board.

I recommend Blue Highway games, definitely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls