Manila» Forums » General

Subject: Looking to buy the English version... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Mandarino

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
Is there anywhere to get this? I can't find it anywhere... amazon, ebay, etc. I'm looking for a complete English version in good or new condition, if you know of anyone willing to sell. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vorname nachname
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an unplayed version. The box is just opened. There are two rule booklets, one in English and one in German. The game itself is language neutral.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mandarino

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
Awesome! How much do you want for it? It would be shipped to Arizona, USA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wenger
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also interested in Manila. And as it happens, also in Arizona. Games with rivers, oceans, and snow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mandarino

Mesa
Arizona
msg tools
I realized I could buy any edition of this game (since everything else is language-neutral) and just print the English rules from Rio Grande's website, so I am no longer in need of an English Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a copy for sale too. Opened but unplayed.

Feel free to make an offer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wenger
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure how to conduct the transaction, what do you suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Aronson
United States
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anybody else has an idea of where to find this, I'm also looking to get a copy. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint DeSena
United States
Plainville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Aronson
United States
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unbelievable to me how hard it is to find this game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought this game as a present for my friend. It was on sale for ~$19 or ~12GBP (not sure about your location) in one local gaming shop. I don't know, if they still have it in stock. Just geekmail me if you wish me to check on them and find out the shipping charges.

EDIT: Shipping to US would be ~$10 (regular), $13 (with tracking), $16 (priority) or $19 (priority with tracking). And if I don't find a box of the right size at home, I'll have to add several bucks for packaging.

EDIT2: The sale is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reese B
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also in the same boat. Would love to find out where to get a copy (preferably english, but as the other posters have said, not really necessary since the english instructions are readily available).

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:
Just bought this game as a present for my friend. It was on sale for ~$19 or ~12GBP (not sure about your location) in one local gaming shop.

Well, the sale is over. The game costs ~$46 now. However, as of yesterday evening, it is still in stock. Just contact me, if you are interested. Out of stock now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:
Juliusan wrote:
Just bought this game as a present for my friend. It was on sale for ~$19 or ~12GBP (not sure about your location) in one local gaming shop.

Well, the sale is over. The game costs ~$46 now. However, as of yesterday evening, it is still in stock. Just contact me, if you are interested.

If it goes on sale again, I'd be very interested. Thanks! Acquired via trade...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Sollitto
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I found this "chinese-english" version on this chinese website, DHGate.

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale-desktop-games-card-game-mani...

I never bought anything from them. It seems it is like an Ebay, and they offer free shipping.

It seems too good to be true. It must be a pirated version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Sollitto
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great! Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Aronson
United States
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for alternatives, I posted a link on where to find this game in a different thread but here it is:

http://giochinscatola.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zastrygon wrote:
If you are looking for alternatives, I posted a link on where to find this game in a different thread but here it is:

I bought Manila from Giochinscatola a few weeks ago. Great store with good international shipping times. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EnigmaProphet wrote:
zastrygon wrote:

Yes, as I have stated before, I got my own copy already from http://giochinscatola.it/catalog/product_info.php?products_i... and everything worked fine, but I'm updating the DHGate link as some people here has shown interest in it as it's much cheaper then Giochinscatola, so I'm giving them information on it as one of my friend ordered Manila from them.

So it's a Chinese rip-off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In for one using dhgate. I will let you know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to know if this DHgate seller is legitimate. Search engine results seem to point to a lot of problems and scams on DHgate. How long did the one successful buyer in this thread have to wait before their game arrived? Was it a legitimate, high quality Rio Grande copy?

Leonard, I'd love to hear more about your experience as well. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I ordered the game from a seller on DHgate (zhskyboy) on August 7. The mailman knocked on my door and had me sign today for a package from Hong Kong. I opened it up, and sure enough, it's Manila!

The game looks to be language independent, so the only thing I needed was to find an English translation of the rules. Anyway, just an FYI for anyone else looking for this game right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wenerstrom
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend tells me you can get a copy in China for $8 with wooden boats and $6 with plastic boats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I too ordered from the seller zhskyboy on DHgate, middle of last month. I just got it today, exactly 2 weeks later. It all looks great, except for one slightly deformed pawn. With the English rules from the file section here, I'm good to go.

Not bad for a hair under 40 bucks, shipped. Surely better than the one on Amazon going for $300 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from dhgate, and did not receive it 2 months later. I did not order from your same seller unfortunately. I am disputing it, because the seller states that I gave them a UK address, and then changed it to my US address that I have now. They wholeheartedly state that they shipped it to the UK. Though you and I both know that they did not. They have submitted a jpeg picture of a packing slip written in Chinese characters, with a tracking number (that does not work for me), that proves that they did in fact send it to the UK. How this packing slip is made up or how this works I do not know, but I am definitely going to make them work for this one.

I did ask about if they had a phone number that dhgate could call at that UK address, as I did provide a phone number when I signed into dhgate intially. So the verdict from me is: only order this copy of Manila from the above listed seller zhskyboy. Apparently dhgate is rife with scammers. Do not order it from anyone else.

I bought mine from Neevan. I'll edit this post for the curious sometime after the mediation process is complete and let you know what was decided and how it worked out.

I am asking for help translating the picture of the packing slip on yahoo answers, because I kind of want to make them work for it. I will try not to disappoint them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.