BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: New Game Store Opening - Rugby U.K. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shadow Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
A new retail and on-line game store, with attached gaming centre will be opening in Rugby, U.K. on 1st April 2013.

The retail store will be stocking a large range of board games, roleplaying games, collectible card games, miniatures and game accessories. In addition to the retail store, the attached gaming centre has four rooms, a large room ideal for wargaming, two smaller rooms and an atmospheric cellar room. The gaming centre will be running numerous events including D&D Encounters, Pathfinder Society, its own D&D 3.5 Living game, roleplaying weekends, Magic tournaments, historical wargame days, board game tournaments and Warhammer Fantasy and 40k tournaments, to name a few.

To enable the gaming centre to be fully equipped we have set up a kickstarter project to assist with the funding. You can view the project here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1242245134/shadow-games-... . Please take the time to watch the video and read our story which will provide you with all of the details on what our aim is. For those of you who choose to invest and help us on our way, a huge thank you.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or queries at shadowgamesstore@gmail.com

Thanks
Hamish and Neill
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the most auspicious date to commence any venture - but very good luck with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
Wales
Nr. Llanidloes
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Good luck gentlemen, good luck indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the support, much appreciated. The 1st of April is a strange day for opening, as its April Fools Day, though we will be having a soft opening the week before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Avis
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait for you to open as I run Rugby on Board and know of several board gamers in the Rugby area. I will definitely be coming in and spending money!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Howard

Thanks for your support and kind words. Hamish and I look forward to welcoming you to our store and gaming centre. Please mention us to your friends and fellow board gamers.

Hamish and Neill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Just a quick update to let you know that we have changed the reward packages on our kickstarter project. The rewards will now provide you with greater value for any investment that you choose to make.

Kickstarter Project

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Hamish and Neill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Williams
United Kingdom
DROITWICH SPA
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall certainly keep my eye on this and I wish you all the very best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meepleonboard
United Kingdom
Somerset/London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowgames wrote:
The 1st of April is a strange day for opening, as its April Fools Day, though we will be having a soft opening the week before.
Not strange at all - my birthday! Will be sure to browse at some point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds great. This is the sort of model which works in South East Asia / China where people meet in boardgame cafes.

I'll definitely drop by once you are up and running.

One quick question - what sort of charging will be attached to gaming? This information would make it easier to gauge the value of the various membership options. Edit - just checked your KS page again £3-5 for half days and £5-10 for full days.

Do you guys have your own presences on BGG outside of the shadowgames account?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your support. We are hoping that the model (based on my experience in the US) will work well in the UK, though it doesn't seem to be that common here. We want to encourage gamers to drop in to play boardgames and other games in the store or gaming centre, have a coffee and a danish and generally chill out. We look forward to seeing you once we are opened.

Neither Hamish or I have individual accounts on here yet, though we will be changing that in the near future as we increase our on line presence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ade Lewis
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Being from the deep south I have no idea where Rugby is.
If i was to participate it would be through your online shop and purchases.
Make sure you make your online store url available and public here.
However, I'd love to live near you and take part.

Wishing you all the very best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shadow Games
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the support.

Once the on-line store is up and running I'll be sure to post a link to it on here.

Rugby is to the South East of Birmingham and Coventry, its about 55 minutes on the train from London.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls