Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Chicago [+] [View All]
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm spending the weekend in downtown Chicago. I was wondering if there any game shops close to Navy Pier?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Waite
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to the Solosaurus Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, and YouTube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cat & Mouse is about 15 minutes from there on West Armitage. Enjoy your stay in Chicago!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Moskop
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree. Cat & Mouse is your best choice even with the 15-20 min taxi ride. Sadly, there are no real game stores in the downtown area. All of the good ones are in the suburbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a popular question:

Visiting Chicago, IL - Feb. 15th thru 17th
Chicago Area Retailers
FLGS in Chicago, IL
Game stores in Chicago

I've been to Cat & Mouse and it's a fine FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
North Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice Dojo is more north but a great shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited Chicago earlier in the year and visited the Chicagoland Games aka Dice Dojo which was awesome.

Games stores in Chicago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Taylor
United States
Berryville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Just Another Washed Up Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a drive/train, but Games Plus in Mount Prospect is the best game store I've ever visited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cat N Mouse is a great store and is probably the closest to the pier, unless you take the red line straight to Dice Dojo. I highly recommend this store. Linda and Andre are awesome owners and Beth (BGG Beth from the Essen videos) works there.

Galatic Force is off of Belmont....I have not been there but I know they sell boardgames.

Dice Dojo (Chicagoland games) is a great store and pretty big for Chicago (stores tend to be small because of rent. I still think they pack a ton of games into their shop, there is always someone playing something there, and they owners are pretty cool.

Games Plus is an amazing store, although at times hit or miss when it comes to stock because things sell out quickly there. The nice thing is you can find games that are long OP because they have so many games on the shelf. It will take you over 55 minutes (depending on where you are staying) via train from around Navy Pier. If you took a taxi at the right time (which is rather random in Chicago traffic) it would be rather expensive and could take anywhere from 25 minutes (with a lead foot driver and no traffic..highly unlikely) to two hours with bad weather traffic. I suggest the train.

Fair Game in Downers Groove. Actually would probably take less time to get to than Games Plus via the train. Nice little store that focuses on boardgames and a little Warmachine.

There is a new game store in Lincoln Square that focuses more on playing and hanging out.....however for the life of me I can't remember the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
There is a new game store in Lincoln Square that focuses more on playing and hanging out.....however for the life of me I can't remember the name.

Are you talking about the boardgame meetup at the Bad Dog Tavern in Lincoln Square?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls