Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a cold December night in Minnesota, two brave armies (led by James “Rocky123” and myself “pekin2121”) met on a battlefield at the Fantasy Flight Event Center. Their goal was to collect the most elixir from the three hills located in the middle of the battlefield. There was one issue though; rumors of a Cyclops living in one of the hills.

The setup:
James chose to field his Griffon army against my Wolfen, and we had 5,000 points each to build our armies. The rules for our scenario were fairly simple, if a unit controlled a hill at the end of the round, they would collect 2 elixir. At the end of round 3, the Cyclops would appear from one of the hills (random roll) and attack the nearest unit. It would continue to attack units until it was destroyed. The army which destroys the Cyclops would gain 10 elixir.
We each had our own deck of unit cards, which we alternated back and forth, flipping over the top card to determine which unit would activate. Once our decks were gone the round was over then we’d collect any elixir, shuffle our decks and start another round.

Round 1:
Several of my Wolfen had the Scout ability which I placed near two of the hills. James placed his Demon Hunters (with Scout also) on the top of the other hill. Most of the movement in the first round was uneventful. I moved my Sacred Vestals (Rune Guardian, Grave Guardian and Repentant towards the Demon Hunters. When the Demon Hunters activated they shot at the Sacred Vestals and eliminated the entire unit.....the beginning of a long day for the Wolfen.

Round 2:
The Fusilers took a long shot at a unit of Hunters and were able to take down a three of them. The Great Fangs led by Asgarh charged the lone group of calvary in the Griffon army, but only dealt minor damage to them. The Calvary counter attacked and wiped out the Great Fangs unit.

Round 3:
The remaining Hunters unit charged the Fusilers, taking out four of them. A Vestals unit, led by Irix, charged the Griffon Titan and managed to deal four hits (James threw one of its cards out to remove a hit). At the end of the round the Cyclops emerged and attacked a Templar unit hiding in a forest.

Round 4:
The Griffon Titan showed its power and wiped out the Vestals. The Calvary ran over Serethis and his unit.

Round 5:
The Griffon Titan attacked the Bloodthirsty Predators led by Y’Allyh, and Y’Allyh is killed. The remaining two Predators take down the mighty Titan. The Templar unit continues to battle with the Cyclops in the forest and eventually takes the monster down.

At this point most of the Wolfen army is destroyed and concedes, giving the victory to the Griffon army with 38 elixir to the Wolfen 17.
Overall it was a great game, even though I spent most of my time removing my units from the field. We are discussing adding more monsters to future scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Donnell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent battle report. Thanks for sharing the experience with us. Look forward to seeing more in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool report, Chad. Thanks for sharing. It made me jealous for 2 reasons: 1) I haven't played Confrontation in months and I'm missing it, and 2) you live close enough to the FFG Event Center to meet up and play there.

I hope to see more reports in the future!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work Chad! Not just a great adversary, you are also quite the writer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What figure did you use for the Cyclops? What kind of stats/abilities?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthTurambar wrote:

I believe James said the Cyclops was from the City of Thieves expansion.

Here are the stats:

Move 10

Def. 5

Armor 10

Fear 7

Attacks 3… ATK 7 STR 9

Regeneration, and Sequence

Wounds 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthTurambar wrote:
Very cool report, Chad. Thanks for sharing. It made me jealous for 2 reasons: 1) I haven't played Confrontation in months and I'm missing it, and 2) you live close enough to the FFG Event Center to meet up and play there.

I hope to see more reports in the future!

You should take a road trip up here and join us at FFG sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've considered it in the past, just to see my own personal gaming Mecca.... it's actually not *too* far of a drive.... if I ever put it together, I'll give you guys a shout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
darthTurambar wrote:

I believe James said the Cyclops was from the City of Thieves expansion.

Here are the stats:

Move 10

Def. 5

Armor 10

Fear 7

Attacks 3… ATK 7 STR 9

Regeneration, and Sequence

Wounds 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
End of the day... Cylops was too weak... perhaps having more, or making this one stronger...

Darth- bring your armies!!!! We can plan the day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those stats are similar to those I've used in a scenario called "The Monster", which I translated from a French forum post a while back. The file is available on my website. We adjusted it slightly when we played the scenario, making his stats:

Rank 3, 4 hit points
MOV 15
DEF 5
RES 10
FEAR 7
3d6 on attack
ATT 7
STR 13
Immunity to Fearless, Insensitive, Bestial Onslaught

If we played again, I'd probably just add Regeneration (I like a tough 3rd party in play). If I remember right, I used a unit of Executioners to put the hurt to it. It was fun, though.

-------------------------
I may have to round up a few of my buddies and make the trip some weekend... makes the hotel room a little more affordable when split several ways... plus, we'd hopefully not be there much :-) How many concurrent tables could we use at the Event Center? Just wondering if I got a couple of my buddies to come if we could do a round robin and have multiple games going at once for a Confrontation-fest ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to mention.... I agree with making the Cyclops (monster) really tough. Almost to the point that both sides have to consider calling off the dogs in order to deal with it... or stab the other guy in the back while he goes for it, hoping to finish it off after the opponent weakens him. But ignoring the monster should be out of the question, lest he cripple your army completely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthTurambar wrote:
Those stats are similar to those I've used in a scenario called "The Monster", which I translated from a French forum post a while back. The file is available on my website. We adjusted it slightly when we played the scenario, making his stats:

Rank 3, 4 hit points
MOV 15
DEF 5
RES 10
FEAR 7
3d6 on attack
ATT 7
STR 13
Immunity to Fearless, Insensitive, Bestial Onslaught

If we played again, I'd probably just add Regeneration (I like a tough 3rd party in play). If I remember right, I used a unit of Executioners to put the hurt to it. It was fun, though.

-------------------------
I may have to round up a few of my buddies and make the trip some weekend... makes the hotel room a little more affordable when split several ways... plus, we'd hopefully not be there much :-) How many concurrent tables could we use at the Event Center? Just wondering if I got a couple of my buddies to come if we could do a round robin and have multiple games going at once for a Confrontation-fest ninja

That's a great idea to have a Confrontation-fest! As long as there isn't a special event happening at FFG and we got there early, we could probably secure 2-4 tables if we had that many people.

Oh yes, James is the current unofficial FFG Confrontation champion (well he beats on me and our friend Alex on a regular basis).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad... that is only because you Alex wreck it eachother first... :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
Chad... that is only because you Alex wreck it eachother first...

You do have a point there. Next time we'll go after you first! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls