United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be visiting my homeland over the holidays and would love to visit some Scottish FLGS and spend way too much (due to the weak dollar) for some games! Any recommendations?

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin M
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was covered fairly recently:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/83062

Enjoy your visit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Lamont
Scotland
Dunblane
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin,

Welcome back

You can't go wrong with Static Games in Glasgow: knowledgeable and friendly staff with a good games selection. You can find them on the First Floor, Argyle Market, 28 Argyle Street.

Although I've never been, my brother talks highly of Black Lion games in Edinburgh. They're at 90 Buccleuch St.

Make sure you pack your shorts, it's sweltering over here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Colin, Fraser, thanks for your recommendations guys! It's been 2 years since I've been home and I'm desparate for a decent fish supper and a pint of Export. I used to live quite close to Buccleuch St., right opposite The Pear Tree (is it still there?). Leapfrog and Shear Panic are great games Fraser, congratulations to you and your brother!

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin M
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin

Pear Tree is still there but as it's barely above freezing here at the moment I would recommend huddling round the fire inside to check out any purchases from Black Lion rather than sitting in the beer yard.

I think you'd be hard pushed to find a pint of export though, which is probably a mercy. Go for Deuchars or Cally 80 instead.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls