Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Castle Werewolfenstein, where the night owls play. An almost-standard P11, low-complexity game of Werewolf! This is part of the Fresh Meat Initiative: if you're new to Werewolf, sign right up! If you're not new, we need a few vets to show people the ropes!

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Brutal Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. When killed, will also kill another player of their choice (brutal). The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat then it will be selected at random.

Martyr
- Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. Notice that martyr does not work to stop lynches or the brutal retaliation ability.

5 Villagers
- Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves
- The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. If there is a werewolf alive, the last night kill order will go through - even if the last person to place a night kill order has died since the order was given. (Example: Player A and B are werewolves. Player A selects a Night Kill target during the day, but is lynched. If Player B is still alive and has not put in a more recent Night Kill order, Player A's Night Kill order will be carried out.)
One of the wolves is brutal and must kill another player if killed. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat the brutal will be selected randomly from all of the non-wolves. Notice: In this version of the P11, both wolves will be given a Retaliate order. Only the first one that is used is the one that will be implemented. Yes, this means it doesn't matter which werewolf is killed first.

Cultist Sorcerer - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player to see if they are the seer or not. He gets a random negative N0 view.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining, evil wins. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Draw - If everyone dies, then I win and all players end in a draw.

Brutal Rules:

The Brutal Kill is simultaneous to all other actions, i.e.: The Brutal Werewolf is lynched and targets the Brutal Hunter. If the Brutal Hunter's order is still on the Brutal Werewolf, there is no other death.
If the Brutal's target died BEFORE the Brutal Character, then the kill will be chosen at random.
In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is killed and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.
If the first werewolf killed does not have a brutal order in, his brutal will be a random non-wolf, as selected by Cassandra.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 10:00 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote nightfall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 11:00 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

If all living players (including those without night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Role Reveal:

All roles will be revealed on death (regardless of method)(Full Role Reveal).

Replacement / Posting Rules:

However, anyone who does not communicate at least once during a Dawn - Dusk cycle will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the thread,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Please do not sign up for the game if you do not plan on being an active player. Thank you.
You are also required to show a proof of life prior to "12 hours before first dusk".
Please note that these are "bare minimums". The moderator has the right to hit the replace button in spite of your meeting the "one post per day" guideline if you are unresponsive to geekmails / modchat queries. This will not be done capriciously and will only be done after consultation with outside parties, to ensure objectivity.

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. If it continues, you will be replaced.
Police yourselves, please.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 10:00 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 11:00 PM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

This game will start when full.

As an FYI, here's Snaak's "Guide to Playing Werewolf on BGG!"

(special thanks to linguistfromhell for writing all this)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
adiamant
Apple Snapple
auramine o
bulldog93
hibou
Irina_Phoenix
PerAnon
rangers85
sydwys8
tcrudisi
Wightwolf

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9069...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
Addendum: Say you want to play but are feeling a little intimidated. Not a problem! You can ask for a mentor: a more seasoned player will be given a private chat room with you, and knowing only your role they can offer advice as needed. We have a long list of mentors available, so don't be shy! Just send me a geekmail and I'll get you set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. I am 100% kid tested and newb approved.

I would like to play with new players. I play with all of earths creatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too! Total WW newbie though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bulldog93 wrote:
Welcome! Any doubts you have, feel free to ask!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bulldog93 wrote:

I will hold your hand and walk you through it...unless you're a wolf! surprise we don't like wolves around here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
bulldog93 wrote:

I will hold your hand and walk you through it...unless you're a wolf! surprise we don't like wolves around here.

You never know...ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's bring the party to Castle Werewolfstein!

I like salad and I cannot lie,
That makes you a wolf and not I.

When Cassie takes my owlness too literally,
I search for that sorc, the one whose jittery.

Then I get counterclaims,
I go blow up in flames.

The village hunts to the core,
We insist the wolf gets voted for.

The wolf gets lynched, a villager gets nicked,
And team evil’s kind of ticked.

I like salad.

Welcome all Newbies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like salad too hibou but that one doesn't look too good

A sad looking salad makes me sad

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. Rawr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wightwolf wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra. Rawr.

Nice! Welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More salad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
More salad?

Salad for everyone

(That other salad looked delicious to me )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibou wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
More salad?

Salad for everyone

(That other salad looked delicious to me )

it's ok. And I'd eat it. But, it's still sad. Lol. I guess what I'm saying is I'd settle for that salad. I'm sure it has a great personality and the tomatoes probably taste great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
surfin' kitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra, because I hate to see Taquelli's game languishing in sign-ups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
Apple Snapple wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra, because I hate to see Taquelli's game languishing in sign-ups.

Oh good, I was about to bug you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we need more spots for newbies, I can drop, but I haven't played in months, and the lynch time is perfect...so here I am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh boy - this game has both Apple and Hibou? How can I resist signing up for a game with my wolf partners?

I'm not really a wolf. I'm the Sorc and they are my wolfy overlords.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tcrudisi wrote:
Oh boy - this game has both Apple and Hibou? How can I resist signing up for a game with my wolf partners?

Awesome!

You do know what this means though right? You're going to be on Team Evil, I'm going to be on Team Good, but we're both (again) going to psychologically force ourselves to insist we're on the same team... and then I'll vote you for Mayor and get brutalled. Gah not this time Good Evil Sir! From now on to me, you're evil until proven otherwise, not the other way around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hibou wrote:
tcrudisi wrote:

Awesome!

You do know what this means though right? You're going to be on Team Evil, I'm going to be on Team Good, but we're both (again) going to psychologically force ourselves to insist we're on the same team... and then I'll vote you for Mayor and get brutalled. Gah not this time Good Evil Sir! From now on to me, you're evil until proven otherwise, not the other way around

Awesome!

You do know what this means though right? You're going to be a Werewolf, I'm going to be the Sorcerer, and you're going to force yourself to NK me ... on n1 when I figure out who the Seer is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tcrudisi wrote:
hibou wrote:
tcrudisi wrote:

Awesome!

Awesome!

You do know what this means though right? You're going to be a Werewolf, I'm going to be the Sorcerer, and you're going to force yourself to NK me ... on n1 when I figure out who the Seer is.

Oh, you planned on lasting past Day 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man they Call Per
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys look deliciou-uh, I mean, I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOOH we're full.

I'll let everyone know from now, I don't know if I can make lynch on Thursday, or be around a few hour prior. I made plans before knowing when the game would fill. I'll see if I can work around it (as in see if I can move the plans to get to PLAAYYYYY more).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hibou wrote:
WOOH we're full.

I'll let everyone know from now, I don't know if I can make lynch on Thursday, or be around a few hour prior. I made plans before knowing when the game would fill. I'll see if I can work around it.

That's perfectly fine, Hibou. Might I suggest going ahead and claiming now? We don't want to accidentally lynch you if you're a good special ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [44] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.