Subject: The Box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say, the box is just incredibly awesome. I have never seen a game in such a thick and sturdy box. I wish they all came this way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Every time I bring out the game, I stare at the box for awhile. never saw anything like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the box wasn't too awesome to destroy, I'd try a weight test. I think I might be able to stand on it at ~200lb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Manzella
United States
Hamilton
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its the first box to inspire be to "show off" some games on my bookshelf by laying it on one of the sides so it shows off the box top from across the room - like it would look in a store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan McNeely
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love supporting this game with other players and it's near impossible for me to do so without mentioning the components up to and including that awesome box.

It's beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really impressed with all of the components for this game, box included!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Fantastiqa today. The box and the components, wow, it was well worth the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's not too often that you come across a thread entirely devoted to the awesomeness of a game box!

But this is no ordinary game box! It's truly outstanding, and I've heard it said that it's so solid, that it could be used to kill a man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Casillo
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own this game, but every time I see the box art, it immediately reminds me of the art for the video game Another World:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I love what my friend Jeff had to say about the Enchanted Edition's box in his review:
Quote:
I think it’s safe to say that, with respect to ‘toughness’ at any rate, the apogee of box design has been reached. I’m only exaggerating slightly when I say that this box could probably stop a bullet!

But especially Alf Seegert's hilarious comment about the box deserve to be reproduced here, it's brilliant!
Quote:
Last I heard, quests to claim its uber-thick and classy box have started border wars in fantasy kingdoms ranging from Prydain to Azeroth. Royal assassinations and troll-tower sieges have been plotted, performed, and thwarted, wielding no more than the box lid alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.