Popular Tags: [View All]
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone interested in starting a monthly gaming group in Abilene, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey! Another Abilenian! I would love to be a part of a local gaming group. However I am not sure how it would work out for me right now. My wife and I have 8 month old twins so we are still adjusting to the parent life.

I do want to be in touch with local gamers so that when the time comes that I can be involved in a group I have someone to contact.

What kind of games do you like to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McClelland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I am in town until the 1st and would love to get a game night in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try going by The Gathering Place:

http://www.thegatheringplaceabilene.com/

I know they have a lot of role-playing games going on there, but some of the guys that I meet with regularly hosted some X-Wing games there lately when we were out of town. They took the new Talisman out for a spin last weekend. I have not had the time to go in, but I'm told that it is worth a visit to make some contacts, their on-hand game inventory is limited.

Abilene has had groups over the years that met at Dyess AFB, churches, hobby shops, city recreation facilities, etc. going back to the 70's. Nothing formal ever lasted very long other than the personal relationships formed in those places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't heard of The Gathering Place either. And I drive by that location on the way to work every day. Sounds really interesting. I mostly play board games and it sounds like they support them. I'll have to stop in soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to The Gathering Place tomorrow there's an X-Wing game a friend of mine is running at 1 PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gun Slinger
msg tools
I just purchased the X-Wing Miniatures game and am looking to learn how to play. Do you have any other games planned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
South Korea
flag msg tools
designer
My wife and I (well mostly me) are board game nuts. I have almost all the Dominion expansions, and enough games to fill a large bookshelf easily.

Some of my coworkers and I have started playing Mondays after work, and I would love to expand on that.

I've even got my own game. I designed it and had it printed at thegamecrafter.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I manage at PrimeTime and was thinking about having a monthly board game night in our banquet rooms. Let me know if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could certainly get behind that. One problem I've had with getting groups together is agreement on a "neutral" place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any idea on a good night/time to do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that can be tricky. Now that high-school football season is over, perhaps a Friday or Saturday evening? Otherwise, maybe Thursday evening so that it will not clash with your busier nights?

Just thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping a Monday night might work for most people - Friday or Saturday would be hard since that is when I will most likely charge for the banquet room.

I saw that you have Shadows over Camelot for trade. Did you not like it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the traitor aspect, the ease of play, etc. However it does not suit my family and it's unlikely that I would get the proper group together to play it much. So, if someone had a game of interest to trade, I would entertain the idea.

Thursday nights maybe? A warm-up for those people would would want to continue games over the weekend....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might see if we can get people together on a Thursday soon, if you can come I would like to play Shadows and/or Hanabi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly! Just let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are hosting a board game night at Primetime's banquet room this Thursday from 6-11. Its is $5 and includes unlimited soft drinks. Let people know and bring a game if you want to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds like fun! Hopefully I will be there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good! So you still interested in Shadows over Camalot or Hanabi?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased hanabi, and yes I would like to play shadows.
Invite some people if you know anyone that is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This Thursday Primetime is hosting a board game night, bring some games and tell some friends!
6-11pm - $5 for unlimited soda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a lot of fun at PrimeTime's first board game night. We will be doing it every other Thursday from 6-11pm in our banquet rooms. $5 to play and you get unlimited soda and tea. Kids 10 and under will not be charged to play and drink. If you want to find a group any other night of the week, try The Gathering on South 7th and Butternut.

Wey Scoggin
weyscoggin@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed it! I look forward to next time and trying some more new games. Thank you for offering the opportunity and venue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It was a lot of fun! I'm looking forward to next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned a great new game in the same genre as Resistance, that can be a great filler game this Thursday. "Intrigue" 3-5 players, and can play in less than 30 minutes.
We won't require anyone to buy the $5 unlimited drinks this Thursday, but will ask that everyone at least spend $5. I am going to use a lot of the money to buy some new games that aren't my personal games.

Do you have a game that you want to play? I would like to read the rules beforehand so that we can waste as little time as possible.

Have you ever played El Grande, I might bring that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |