Popular Tags: [View All]
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played El Grande before but have heard about it often. Some games I plan on bringing along this time are Stone Age and Augustus, and I hope to see Lords of Waterdeep and Space Cadets: Dice Duel there as well. As others, there are many games in my personal collection which I would love to play more with other interested people.

Would you consider games offered up as donations for public use during Boardgame Nights to go along with the games you intend to purchase?

Looking forward to this coming Thursday.

PS - And anyone who's interested in Up Front, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wey Scoggin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll tell Brian to brings Lords of Waterdeep again. I would love to try out Up Front. I like War Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'll be heading back to abilene for school in the fall and was wondering if there is still a board game group there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Nick, The Gathering Place should be your first stop. It's a growing collection of card, board, and miniature gamers which will help you get in touch with others of the same interests. In addition, on alternating Thursday nights, a group of gamers gather at PrimeTime for a full evening of various games.

Look forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Alright thanks for the info I have been to the gathering place a few times and picked up some of my games there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David White
United States
flag msg tools
Many moons have passed since you posted this, but I'm just getting into X-Wing and haven't had a chance to play. I tried to get in on the escalation leave that TGP put on a few weeks ago, but it fizzled out before I could play. I was just wondering if you still played or if there was a group that played consistently in the area. Id love to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen X-wing played the times I've been there. We had a Star Wars Armada demo last Saturday, but I played Bolt Action while the Armada demo was ongoing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A group meets up every other week on Thursday for games at PrimeTime - and this Thursday happens to be game week. Otherwise, a group meets off and on at The Gathering Place, communicated through the Abilene Gaming Club, Prime Time Game Nights, and Pub Meeple on Facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on being in Abilene this upcoming weekend (the 27th & 28th). Looking for some board game players to hook up with. I heard that The Gathering Place might have some action. Any advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a common place to hook-up with gaming friends. Just let us know what times you have open, what games you might be interested in, and I'm sure we could get some people together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It turns out my wife already booked up our Saturday. So we will be able to stop by on Sunday. We should be there at noon (or shortly thereafter). As for games, we are up for just about anything except true wargames or dungeon crawls (wife just isn't into that). I'll bring a few games (I keep all the games in my 10x10 challenge in the trunk of my car... LOL).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. I'll keep the time open.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's Aug 2017... PrimeTime still hosting game nights? Any changes? What's the latest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still going on every other Thursday. In fact, this coming Thursday - August 10, is another game night! Starts around 6:00 pm and goes to late.

If you'd like any more information, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Topheth wrote:
Still going on every other Thursday. In fact, this coming Thursday - August 10, is another game night! Starts around 6:00 pm and goes to late.

If you'd like any more information, let me know.

Thanks for answering - are you the event organizer? I've been board-gaming since the 70s, and usually stick to war games (Napoleonics, American Civil War, WW1 and 2, Ancients, and the American War of Independence). Have a lot of games to bring to the table, and like to keep away from heavy-rule and marathon games, though I make an exception for Axis and Allies! Would I fit in with your group?
Pepe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're a varied group but cover a spectrum of games. I'm not the organizer, but have been around since the beginning. Come by, meet up, and take a look.

Have you ever played at The Gathering Place? That's another alternative place we will meet up and play various games at various times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Davis

Abilene
Texas
msg tools
Ok, so this thread is pretty old, but I wanted to see if there are any gaming groups up in Abilene or any interest in starting a regular one.

I just moved up from Houston and we had a regular meetup every week- great group of people and lots of fun.

I hope there is something similar up here, or we can get one started.

Ned

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Ned!

Sounds like a great idea. What games do you tend to like? Be it euros, amerithrash, lite-wargaming, or cards, I'm sure there are people interested in getting a regular thing going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Davis

Abilene
Texas
msg tools
Euros are my favorite - any kind of tableau or engine builder is always up my alley.

But Ameritrash is always fun too - honestly I really just enjoy gaming. We used to get a sub group and play TI3/4 or Star Trek Ascendancy every couple weeks.

I see the Gathering Place just moved - good space to play, lots of Magic and Yugio being played, never really got into either of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lewis
United States
Robinson
Texas
flag msg tools
There is a kid that just started at Harden Simmons this semester, who would probably be all for gaming with y'all. He has played several of our games such as Scythe, Viticulture, Dominion, A Feast for Odin, and many others. The only problem is that he wrecked his car, so it's hard for him to get around town. If your interested I can get y'all in contact with each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly. PM me and we’ll see what we can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Data Laughing
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
Also? I can kill you with my brain.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnderTheRadarBrewer wrote:
Euros are my favorite - any kind of tableau or engine builder is always up my alley.

But Ameritrash is always fun too - honestly I really just enjoy gaming. We used to get a sub group and play TI3/4 or Star Trek Ascendancy every couple weeks.

I see the Gathering Place just moved - good space to play, lots of Magic and Yugio being played, never really got into either of those.

Man, I would love getting people together to play Star Trek Ascendancy regularly. I've only gotten a couple of plays out of it since buying it. Most people in my group don't want to devote an entire evening to one game very often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to make that happen. Let me see who all we can get in on a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Havner
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I am interested in playing board games and would very much like to join your group. What time on mondays do yall meet and where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a game night which occurs every other Thursday at PrimeTime in Abilene. And this Thursday happens to be one of those game nights. Otherwise, I don't know of any set day of the week to which anyone keeps a regular schedule. While some game nights will happen during the week, most seems to occur Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at The Gathering Place in Abilene.

Typically it is a rather loose affair with everyone bringing a few games and we see what hits the table. What type/style games do you enjoy, or what are some of your favorites?

- Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |