Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MISSIONARY ZOMBIE WOLVES!

A welcome back game for Wightwolf.

Basic Rules
There will be a typical lynch each day. Team Werewolf will control a typical nightkill.

During the day, players will be able to move from city to city in Mississippi (where Wightwolf was on his mission). At each location, there may be certain location-specific abilities conferred on players who spend the night there. There also may be items present. Players in the same areas will share a chatroom.

TEAM MISSIONARY
The Congregation of the Seer of Modern-day Villagers describes itself as a Werewolf Congregation that adheres to teachings of the Seer, but distinguishes itself from other Werewolf Congregations by its adherence to an additional set of teachings which tell them about the Zombie Apocalypse. Members of Team Missionary will know the conditions that will trigger the zombie apocalypse and its effects.

Roles:
Apostle of the Congregation of the Seer of Modern-day Villagers.
The Apostle is the leader of Team Missionary. He is responsible for organizing the missionary teams - any time new members join the Congregation, the Apostle will assign them to a pair as a night action. If the Apostle is killed, then no missionary activity can take place until a new apostle is chosen (see below). The Apostle will know the full details of the Zombie rules.

Missionary. (multiple)
Each missionary is assigned to a pair, and will know their partner, but will not necessarily know anyone else. Each day, a missionary may "have a discussion" (game order) with one player in the same region (chat) that they are in. If both partners of any specific pair proselytized the same player, then that player is given "gator" status (and told of it). If a player with gator status has had a discussion with both partners of any pair (not necessarily the same pair), then they join the congregation that night. Missionaries will only know partial information about the Zombie rules.

If a missionary's partner is killed, the missionary will be essentially in convert status until the Apostle can reassign him.

Convert (multiple)
If someone joins the congregation, they begin as a convert and will be told (by the moderator) the identity of the Apostle. Converts have no other abilities or information until they join a missionary pair. Converts will have no specific information about Zombies yet (unless they had been told about it previously).

Who can join
Zombies may never join the congregation, although wolves will be given a choice if they are willing to repent of their lycanthropy and join. The Necromancer and Apprentice may pretend to join the congregation if converted but they will continue to actually be on Team Zombie. The Skeptical Hunter may never join the congregation.

Choosing a new Apostle
If the current Apostle dies, all members of Team Missionary may vote for a new Apostle in their modchat at night. If one player receives the majority of votes, they are selected as the Apostle. Their former partner, if applicable, reverts to Convert status.

Victory Conditions
Team Missionary wins if all living players (not including Zombies) are members of team Missionary or team Werewolf, and team Missionary strictly outnumbers team Werewolf.

Team Missionary loses if all members are eliminated from the game.

TEAM ZOMBIE
The general population does not believe in a Zombie Apocalypse. But maybe a friendly missionary or two will be willing to tell you about zombies?

Roles:
The Necromancer
Leader of Team Zombie. Knows the identity of the Apprentice. Is tough to nightkill, but not other methods of death.

Apprentice
Knows the identity of the Necromancer.

Zombie. (multiple, none at game start)
In order to become a zombie, a player must have died first. When a player joins Team Zombie, they lose any prior team affiliation they had. Zombies may continue to play as though they were alive - vote, post, move through physics, etc. Players who are dead but not zombies may do none of this. Zombies can be re-killed as normal, but they can also be revived no matter how many times they have died.

Victory Conditions
If both The Necromancer and the Apprentice are killed (even if they had subsequently become Zombies), team Zombie loses, and all remaining Zombies are killed for good.

If the number of Zombies outnumber all living players (excluding the Necromancer and Apprentice) then Team Zombie wins.

If Team Zombie meets its victory conditions at the same time as Team Werewolf, both teams win. This is the only scenario in which a shared team victory is possible.

TEAM WEREWOLF
Ordinary werewolves. Eat tasty villagers.

Roles:
Werewolf. (multiple)
All werewolves will share a chat and choose a player to kill each night. They may kill any living player or zombie, regardless of location.

If a werewolf is lynched, Team Werewolf gets an extra kill that night that will only be effective if at least one of the kills that night is used on a zombie.

Victory Conditions
Team Werewolf wins if the wolves attain parity with all living players (not counting zombies).

Team Werewolf loses if they are completely eliminated from the game.

TEAM VILLAGE

Roles:
Skeptical Hunter
Tough. Cannot be converted to Team Missionary. Must be killed for parity victory conditions to activate. If the only players left alive are the Hunter and a single member of any team or teams, then team Village wins. If killed by nightkill and there are more than 2 wolves alive, takes a single random wolf with him.

Villager. (multiple)
Ordinary villagers with no special abilities.

Victory Conditions
Team Village wins if none of the other teams win. In other words, eliminate all members of Team Missionary, Team Werewolf, the Necromancer, and the Apprentice.

ITEMS
Each item in the game has a corresponding number. A player may hold up to 2 items at a time, but only the item held with the highest priority (lowest number) will be active at a time.

Most of the items require choosing a target. For those that do, use the "Use Item" game order and pick your target from the provided dropdown. The target must be present in the same region (chatroom) as you. If the target is a corpse, the corpse must be present in the same specific location (you should see it as a possibility to pick up).

0 Walkie Talkie (passive) - Players with the two walkie talkies will have an anonymous chat with each other.
1 Gun - Requires a bullet to use. Kills the target player or zombie, consuming the bullet. The gun will remain in the game, however.
2 Bullet (passive) - No effect.
3 Gloves - Allows you to steal one item from the targeted player. At most one item will be stolen, and the Gloves will be exchanged for the item. The item stolen will be the highest priority item (lowest numbered) that the target held.
4 Tract - Removes Gator status from the target.
5 Crystal Ball - Views the target player for wolf / not wolf.
6 Forensic Kit - Determines team affiliation of a targeted corpse.
7 Friendship Bracelet (passive) - Glows each night if spent in the same region as at least one other player on the same team that you are on.
8 Power Finder - Views the target player for Leader / not Leader. The Apostle, Necromancer, and Hunter view positive for Leader.
9 Cross (passive) - If you die with it in your possession, it will be removed from the game and you will be unable to convert to team Zombie after death.
10 Shovel - Kills the target player if the target is a zombie.
11 1-Up - Revives a corpse as a living player (non-Zombie). Removed after first use.
12 Shield - Protects the target player from the nightkill. Does not protect from other forms of death.

Notes:
* There will be conversion.
* The exact starting number of each role will be unknown and will likely depend on the number of players at game start.
* This is a multi-team game and balance is not guaranteed. Players who do not win will be marked as "other" alignment. If team Village wins, "good" will win, and if any of the other teams win, "evil" will win.
* There will be Cassandra physics.
* I am not LDS but I intend on attempting to respectfully but humorously reference the Book of Mormon and perhaps LDS missionary culture, since this game is to celebrate Wightwolf's return from his 2 year mission. No offense is intended and I hope everyone who participates in this game can also refrain from deliberately antagonizing others on this topic, regardless of your personal views on the religion or its missionary activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
annab
Dake
davidenkinderen
ElAdoranSureshot
gdapkus
GrimJester
jamgar
Luthien
miraria
Nephini
ohgrande
Phelanpt
precis_neumann
Ruga
TommyDanger
twomillionbucks
Valkerie32
Wightwolf
zd00

19 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9103...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they call me on a mission!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wightwolf wrote:
I signed up before looking at the game thread. Avin, I believe you have outdone yourself here. I am SUPER excited! Hahaha DD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
DD
We can see how long I have been gone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Bengtsson
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up to lynch Wightwolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome back Wightwolf!
Avin is modding a game!
ARR AMM BGHHA RZHAHARR!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
mbmbmbmbmb
I just blinked, two years went by, and somehow I landed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My excitement level increases every time someone I know signs up haha

(excitement level to get to kill you all!!! MWUAHAHAHA devil )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I don't have a lot of time today, so I will start the game up tomorrow. First lynch will be Wednesday.

In the meanwhile, there's still open spots for a few more signups! Without at least a few more players it might be a bit tough to balance the teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woodjh wrote:
Appropriate avatar. Also hi! I've seen you in the Netrunner forums!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Q. Dangerpants, esq
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up to spread the GOOD WORD about the Zombie Apocalypse through Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to join, but I'll only be able to check in at 11am and the evenings. hohum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
woodjh wrote:
Hi! I've not been in the netrunner forums. Is there a counterfeit me running around???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woodjh wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
woodjh wrote:
Hi! I've not been in the netrunner forums. Is there a counterfeit me running around???
Maybe it's the avatar.
I do know your nick from somewhere, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
woodjh wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
woodjh wrote:
Maybe it's the avatar.
Not suprising. I'm pretty notorious. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woodjh wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
woodjh wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
woodjh wrote:
Maybe it's the avatar.
Not suprising. I'm pretty notorious. ninja
Yep, I was confusing your avatar with
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the nickname, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Q. Dangerpants, esq
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wightwolf wrote:

I think an important thing to know, since we've never officially (or unofficially) met, is to never kill me.

Follow that piece of advice and you'll go far in your epic return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Bengtsson
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TommyDanger wrote:
Wightwolf wrote:

I think an important thing to know, since we've never officially (or unofficially) met, is to never kill me.

[vote Tommy] for the obvious Cultist hint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed TwoEggs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
annab wrote:
TommyDanger wrote:
Wightwolf wrote:

[vote anna] for voting obvious cultist over obvious max.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Bengtsson
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zd00 wrote:
annab wrote:
TommyDanger wrote:
Wightwolf wrote:

[vote anna] for voting obvious cultist over obvious max.
Pfft. [vote zd00] for not voting someone he thinks is an obvious max. Besides, "vote the Hinter not the Hintee" - not even mentioning the obvious faux pas of voting Wolfy on day 0 in his comeback game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Been setting up most of the day that I've had a chance, but haven't finished doing so yet.

Dawn will have to wait for tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [100] |