Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Oxford Meeples invites all to "Big DoG (Day of gaming)" on Feb 2nd ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fellow UK geeks ...

Time to dust off the snow and embrace winter by staying inside and spend the day gaming with other geeks

On Saturday 2nd February the Oxford Meeples group will be hiring out Wolvercote Village Hall on the north outskirts of Oxford (nicely situation close to the A40 and A34).

We will be gaming from 10am up until midnight and you are welcome to join us for any or all of the time.

The day will be free, though we will have a donations bucket if you'd like to help cover the fees of the hall. Plus we hope to have some coffee and tea available.

In previous DoG's we've played anything from Co2, Zombicide, Snowdonia, Super Dungeon Explore, Robinson Crusoe, and many more. (we play both Ameritrash and Euros, and love both genres, so there should be a game for all)

Feel free to bring your own games to add to the games table. I know recent purchases of Terra Mystica and Exodus might help tempt gamers in

Wolvercote Village Hall (Google Maps Linkage)
1 Wolvercote Green
Oxford
OX2 8AB

Oxford Meeples website can be found here

For any more information please feel free to message me or post below, I know at least 1 club member will be watching this list because we'd love to fill the hall with lots of gamers (despite the short notice).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Thomas
United Kingdom
Enfield
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the day free for non-members? The website was mentioning all things about membership and I got confused. I'd likely only go for a day seeing as I live about an hour away so am not going to be making it to many other sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the day is free for non-members.

Membership, etc is for regulars so we can cover the costs of hiring the hall each week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Very tempting. Put me down as a tentative 'yes'. Possibly the missus as well.

I can bring loads of games as required

What's the food situation likely to be? I'm not hardcore enough to play right through without sustenance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Gordon
United Kingdom
Carterton
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the food front

there is a fish and chip shop over the bridge, the Chinese still exists as far as I know. There is also a pub down the road that I believe does food.

The BP garage has a M&S shop in case of emergency food...

Failing that Pete's games have a supply of cardboard and cubes

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Gibbs
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're building up a list of games the members will be bringing to play that you should be able to see here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiXX6oy2HRYzdHE...

We should be selling tea, coffee and cake for a reasonable price at the hall (to be confirmed), for main meals I'm hoping we can arrange for mass takeaway orders.

Oh, and feel free to bring your own snacks or packed lunch if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Gibbs
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have now finalised some of the details and have added the information to our web site:

http://www.oxfordmeeples.org/news/bigdogbigdayofgaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Collins
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds fun, but unfortunately I have a prior gaming engagement at Conception in Christchurch, my favourite gaming con of the year. But good luck, and I hope it's a success - because I'd love to come to another one if you repeat it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping to come along! (Tufty has referred me )

I can bring a wide range of games, my pimped out version of merchants and marauders, mage wars (providing its arrived), agents of smersh or if you like euros the rather masculine Pret a Porter.

I'll also bring along my superhero game which is being prototyped at the moment. Not sure if this is really a place people will want to play it but it cant hurt to chuck it in the car!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Gordon
United Kingdom
Carterton
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring them, I'm sure people will want to play them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Crowther
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted to come along if there is any chance I might get some games of Netrunner in (need to find people to play with apart from those on the internet...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Thomas
United Kingdom
Enfield
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flimflammery wrote:
I'm tempted to come along if there is any chance I might get some games of Netrunner in (need to find people to play with apart from those on the internet...)

Sorry for the plugs but check out the UK Netrunner facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/469547203077958/

or if you're not on facebook there's some info over at www.androidnetrunner.co.uk/where-to-play (as well as the event page, I'm still updating the Where to Play section so it's not got all the information on it just yet).

EDIT: Just noticed you're in Oxford, there was recently a post in the facebook group from someone else looking for Oxford players so they're definitely out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Gordon
United Kingdom
Carterton
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be up for a game or two, when you arrive just ask for Andy.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Gordon
United Kingdom
Carterton
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't yet have my own copy of the game, but Im working on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
United States
Wheaton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like I might join you for the day.
If there's anything in particular you'd like me to bring, just shout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helixx wrote:
It looks like I might join you for the day.
If there's anything in particular you'd like me to bring, just shout.

Feel free to bring anything, the more games the merrier.

On a personal note, Asgard, CO2, and Escape would be great additions to the gaming pile. Co2 because I know others at the club like it, and the other 2 because I've been thinking about getting them!!

Cheers and see you on Saturday

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have escape at the parents I'll try and pick it up for Sat. Anyone up for a few learning games of Mage Wars? It's arrived but I've not played it yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blunder1983 wrote:
I have escape at the parents I'll try and pick it up for Sat. Anyone up for a few learning games of Mage Wars? It's arrived but I've not played it yet!

There are a few of us that love Summoner Wars, so might be tempted to try Mage Wars. Also, Andy is a huge CCGer and I know showed some initial interest in the game. Bring it along ... I'm personally interested in seeing the quality of the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So this Mage Wars isn't the same thing as what that dude that made Galaxy Trucker released recently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Gordon
United Kingdom
Carterton
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was Mage Knight.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
That'll be the one, Andy! I was close. Ish. In that case I know absolutely nothing of Mage Wars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing, till the moro.... dun dun dun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jackson
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is planning on coming tomorrow and has a copy of Keyflower then please bring it.

I've been walking a walkthrough on youtube by Richard Ham and it looks awesome.

I've got my copy in the post, but it looks doubtful that it'll arrive in time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Brown
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may well come along for at least part of the day. Possibly accompanied by my children aged 14 and 12. Are there likely to be any other kids around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be along - another Tufty referee - he has a lot to answer for! I haven't got any of the games anybody has mentioned, but will bring along a selection, including Express 01, which I've now played twice and find is growing on me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |