Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Mitchell
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please use this thread for all tournament chatter. Good luck and thanks for participating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone and GL HF. I have signed up in the tournament as "Quidam." Please contact me at this address.

I look forward to playing in the tournament!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I'm, well, Tuism on challenge as well as here. First round agsinst aspera, please message me to arrange matchups

GLHF all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to cast more games this time around. Is anyone interested in teaming up with me to cast some of the EU games?

Any EU participants who are open to me casting those games? If so, please contact me so that we can find a time slot that fits all of us.

on the US side, I'm afraid some other casting team needs to take up the duties, due to the timezone difference. There's a few people that came forward last time interested in this, so now is the time to step up

PS: I will release the game casts either once swiss ends and both participants are out, or as soon as they're out during elimination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ripley
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm also Harlequinlite on Challonge and I'm up against Kharrak first round. Checking back he describes himself as not overly experienced when he signed up, which is good because I would describe myself the same way. I'm looking forward to playing you Kharrak.

Good luck everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:

on the US side, I'm afraid some other casting team needs to take up the duties, due to the timezone difference. There's a few people that came forward last time interested in this, so now is the time to step up

I'm willing to pick up the slack here. If you guys are interested in me doing commentary for your games, discuss it with your opponent and PM me the day and time that you're playing and I'll hopefully be able to meet you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
RTFM!
mbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
I'd like to cast more games this time around. Is anyone interested in teaming up with me to cast some of the EU games?

Any EU participants who are open to me casting those games? If so, please contact me so that we can find a time slot that fits all of us.

PS: I will release the game casts either once swiss ends and both participants are out, or as soon as they're out during elimination.

I'd be down to cast some games. What would the setup be? Would we re-stream other people's games? Would people send us recordings? I saw your video of you self-casting your own game, I don't know if you did that off a local recording or if you did that while playing live and just recorded a local stream or something.

Just curious if you've got a recommended setup; I can support anything really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest way is to join a game during during setup and stay in as spectators, while recording the game on our end. We then use a voice chat software like mumble to comment during the game, which will be also captured by the recording software.

Only one player needs to record really (but the other can record as well for redundancy). The co-caster is needed for a richer commentary.

PS: I forgot to mention that if anyone wants to co-cast with me, they will probably have to not be participating in this tournament, to avoid issues of scouting. Not sure how the TO feels about this though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
flag msg tools
EHm!? How can i participate??? Id really like to?!?!?!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hedegaard
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GL HF everyone!

BGG name: athedegaard
Challonge name: SargonTheOK
OCTGN name: SargonTheOK

Edited: added Challonge and OCTGN ID

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently scheduled to play Leviticus in the first round. There's nobody with that username (or anything close to it that I could find) that's been logged into BGG since December, so I'm assuming they're using a different name on Challonge than BGG. Since I couldn't look them up on here, I sent a PM through Challonge. Any other tricks for getting in contact with Challonge users that are not using or do not have BGG accounts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:

This is a good opportunity for those who were unable to get into the participants list to still participate.

I am reluctant to allow someone in the tournament to witness (as a 3rd party) a game which contains opponents they could face later in the Swiss or SE rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernan Stanton
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Trapped In A World I Never Made...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm NerdyCat on challonge as well.
I'm in the EU pool and am up against Piscatella in the first round.
Send me a message Piscatella and we can organise a day and time that suits.
Good luck to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

I am reluctant to allow someone in the tournament to witness (as a 3rd party) a game which contains opponents they could face later in the Swiss or SE rounds.

I'm not in the tournament

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy! Howdy! Howdy!

I am also Quarashi on Challonge. I look forward to the tournament.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm brisingre on Challonge as well.

Looking forward to my first match against ruggedscooter, who has already been in touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Lysford
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
The easiest way is to join a game during during setup and stay in as spectators, while recording the game on our end. We then use a voice chat software like mumble to comment during the game, which will be also captured by the recording software.

Only one player needs to record really (but the other can record as well for redundancy). The co-caster is needed for a richer commentary.

PS: I forgot to mention that if anyone wants to co-cast with me, they will probably have to not be participating in this tournament, to avoid issues of scouting. Not sure how the TO feels about this though.

I can cast on the US side - I have a pretty good casting setup going. However, I'm in the tournament. I don't think I'll make it to the final rounds, so put me down as tentatively interesting in casting the US quarterfinals and on with a co-caster unless I happen to make it that far myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaminghito wrote:

I can cast on the US side - I have a pretty good casting setup going. However, I'm in the tournament. I don't think I'll make it to the final rounds, so put me down as tentatively interesting in casting the US quarterfinals and on with a co-caster unless I happen to make it that far myself.

Guys, I can't put you down for anything. People who are in the US and are interested in casting need to coordinate between you to arrange it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Lysford
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh yeah, I was just quoting you because you're the one who brought it up. This is a general message that some interested in casting in the US with a co-caster, particularly someone without the infrastructure to record in HD, can talk with me about it, and I'm interested in casting the higher-up matches assuming I've been knocked out. Sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hallinan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harlequinlite wrote:
Hi, I'm also Harlequinlite on Challonge and I'm up against Kharrak first round. Checking back he describes himself as not overly experienced when he signed up, which is good because I would describe myself the same way. I'm looking forward to playing you Kharrak.

Good luck everyone.

Heya! Look forward to playing with you! (sending you a message now!)

Note, to be clear, I'm not exactly inexperienced, but rather I don't get many games played compared to others in my meta / on this site

Good luck to everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not in this tournament, but can join in if needed to fill someone who has dropped out at the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bancroft
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiosity, what software are people using to grab these casts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wouldn't mind my games being cast, as long as the games are not made public before the tournament is over.

EU here by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Giovannetti
United States
Woodinville / Bothell Area
Washington
flag msg tools
I plan on recording/ maybe casting all of my games.

EDIT:
Challonge-ID : SneakySly
BGG-ID : SneakySly
OCTGN-ID : Sly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Lysford
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
norwegiangeek wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what software are people using to grab these casts?

I use Xsplit. It's paid software but I feel I've gotten my money's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [33] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.