United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
It might help if the dialog box was big enough to fit it all in, it appears to be 1 char short, and its a real pain to edit as you cant see it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:
It might help if the dialog box was big enough to fit it all in, it appears to be 1 char short, and its a real pain to edit as you cant see it!

Probably an engine thing. As a workaround prepare the text elsewhere (like notepad) and copy/paste it in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys may I propose that this info be out up prominently under all major touch points of the tourney so more people know about it? Who knows if everyone read anything on the challenge thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Thanks guys may I propose that this info be out up prominently under all major touch points of the tourney so more people know about it? Who knows if everyone read anything on the challenge thing

Shobalk has added this to the top post of the announcement thread, which we expect ALL participants have subscribed to.

Multiple games had already been played with the correct room labels, so the information was available and being found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question

Are the "Matches" in the naming format the equivalent of games? The example given - are they the two 'games' in the pairing, or are games recorded automatically?

As in, we should play two games - named as match 1 and match 2?

examples:
BGG Tournament 2, Round 1: Shobalk VS Byronczimmer - Match 1
BGG Tournament 2, Round 1: Shobalk VS Byronczimmer - Match 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Göransson
Sweden
Jönköping
flag msg tools
mb
EU division

challonge: pastah_rhymez
octgn: pastorn

Trying to get in touch with unicoerner to play the first game. So far I've sent a message on Challonge but no reply as of yet :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Quick question

Are the "Matches" in the naming format the equivalent of games? The example given - are they the two 'games' in the pairing, or are games recorded automatically?

examples:

Exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Quick question

examples:

Yes, Match == Game in this case.

This was a late addition and a lesson learned is being captured for a shorter naming convention, during which we'll address the match/game thing then too.

This naming convention stands for THIS tournament. We're not going to change horses mid-stream, there has been enough confusion in other areas already.

If you (Tuism) have specific follow-on questions on this topic, I request they be sent via to geek mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Tuism wrote:
Quick question

examples:

Yes, Match == Game in this case.

This was a late addition and a lesson learned is being captured for a shorter naming convention, during which we'll address the match/game thing then too.

This naming convention stands for THIS tournament. We're not going to change horses mid-stream, there has been enough confusion in other areas already.

If you (Tuism) have specific follow-on questions on this topic, I request they be sent via to geek mail.

No, everything is clear, thanks for the input and the effort guys I agree that nothing should be changed now, that'd just be silly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobin Lopes
United States
Thornton
Dark Side of the Moon
flag msg tools
Serving the Emperor since 1971
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I just checked Challonge brackets and noticed scores of 4-0, 2-2, and 0-4. So, as best I can tell one gets 2 points for a game win but nothing for winning the match, a la FFG tourney rules?

Thanks,
Tobin
-tpl

P.S. The 2.1.11 game update includes an auto-peek feature for corp cards - AWESOME!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tobinlopes wrote:
Hey folks,

I just checked Challonge brackets and noticed scores of 4-0, 2-2, and 0-4. So, as best I can tell one gets 2 points for a game win but nothing for winning the match, a la FFG tourney rules?

Thanks,
Tobin
-tpl

P.S. The 2.1.11 game update includes an auto-peek feature for corp cards - AWESOME!!

the orange field is the match winner, and that is also worth 2 points. Scroll down to the bottom to see the actual match points.

See also: Using Challonge to set up and run A:NR Tournaments

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tobinlopes wrote:

DB0 needs to weigh in on whether there are 2.1.11 / 2.1.10 incompatibilies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobin Lopes
United States
Thornton
Dark Side of the Moon
flag msg tools
Serving the Emperor since 1971
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
tobinlopes wrote:
Hey folks,

Thanks,
Tobin
-tpl

the orange field is the match winner, and that is also worth 2 points. Scroll down to the bottom to see the actual match points.

See also: Using Challonge to set up and run A:NR Tournaments

Scrolling....who knew... thanks!

-tpl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/video/25752/android-netrunner/andro...

Probably worth a watch for those not totally familiar with the OCTGN interface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
tobinlopes wrote:

DB0 needs to weigh in on whether there are 2.1.11 / 2.1.10 incompatibilies.

Just a slight one: If you play with people before 2.1.11, the "green button" won't automatically be pressed at the end of your turn, so the opponent either need to do it manually after they press F12, or you're going to get a pop-up warning at the start of your turn that you can press 'yes' to. No biggie.

2.1.11 does fix a few bugs that you might miss during the game (such as tollbooth not using BP credits) however so as always I suggest you upgrade asap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
late swap out:

Game V: Peristarkawan was unable to stay connected.

Sethmustdie will now be playing against RunDMT for Game V.

However, 'sethmustdie' is not a bgg user name, so I'm not sure how to get the two of them in touch.

Seth: Please indicate your OCTGN/BGG ID mapping.

Both of you, each try to contact the other.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic schmidt
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
where can i post the results of my first match ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results Geeklist:

Netrunner OCTGN Tournament 2 / Match Reporting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Lysford
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey, I noticed that for my game vs echomancer, and only my game, the "bonus game" values for the loser are 0 and not -1. Don't know if this matters at all, but since it only happened to us I figured it might have been a misinput. Just bringing it to your attention. :]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip von Doomula
United States
Hermon
ME
flag msg tools
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiosity, is anyone video capturing their matches? If so, what program do you use? I was thinking of using VLC but was wondering if there was something better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hollis
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Quarashi wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is anyone video capturing their matches? If so, what program do you use? I was thinking of using VLC but was wondering if there was something better.

I use ScreenRecord 2, which is lightweight. It does occasionally malfunction, outputting a corrupted video file, about once every 20 games or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mitchell
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarashi wrote:
If you're on OSX, Quicktime is a great free option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Apologies if I missed it, but just checked the rules again: How do we decide who is Corp/Runner in the first game? I actually never have a preference tbh but I know some of the more serious players might. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FileAccess wrote:
AstroLad wrote:
Apologies if I missed it, but just checked the rules again: How do we decide who is Corp/Runner in the first game? I actually never have a preference tbh but I know some of the more serious players might.

Re: OCTGN Netrunner Tournament 2: Announcements

Bottom player listed in the Challonge bracket chooses this time.

For Round 1.

Round 2 may be different and will be posted in the Announcements thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Bess
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My opponent and I were a little confused about match reporting. There's a link at the top of Challonge to "report your scores," so we did when we probably shouldn't have. It should match up with what we posted in the geeklist, but I wanted to let you guys know the situation there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [33] |