Subject: BGG Community Created Scenario for Robinson Crusoe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: RobinsonCrusoe [+] [View All]
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Burning ManMicrobadge: Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island fanMicrobadge: Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island - Voyage of the Beagle (Vol. 1) fanMicrobadge: Charles DarwinMicrobadge: Puerto Rico fan
SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?
Love to, how about Global Thermonuclear War?
WOULDN'T YOU PREFER A GOOD GAME OF CHESS?
No thanks,why don't we make a scenario for Robinson Crusoe board game instead?
If you are younger than 30 you probably have no idea of what I am talking about, but now that I have your attention.

As you know Ignacy has released a blank Scenario template for Robinson Crusoe.

http://files.neuroshima.org/1.jpg

Now we can make our own adventures for this wonderful game.

Does anyone have any interest in working together to make a community supported scenario? This is a cooperative game, so why don't we put the team building skills we have learned in the game to good use, and build a scenario together?

Send me a pm and post your interest below and we'll get the ball rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love teddy bears
WOW!wow!
I´m so baffled right now - my head seems to be totally emptyzombie
Definitely I would like to contribute to this.....
First thought was something like "Zombie Island", but probably it would be too similar to "Annibals"....
Will come back öater...
Marion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Velden
Germany
Geldern
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Tintin fanMicrobadge: H. P. Lovecraft fanMicrobadge: Mayday! Mayday! This is the captain of the Lux Aeterna.Microbadge: View-Master reel collectorMicrobadge: Vinyl collector
Thumbs up for the WOPR quote. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Burning ManMicrobadge: Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island fanMicrobadge: Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island - Voyage of the Beagle (Vol. 1) fanMicrobadge: Charles DarwinMicrobadge: Puerto Rico fan
Don't want to work on anything Ignacy might be working on, so if there are any taboo subjects we should avoid, someone out there let us know.

Off the top of my head, I have heard people talking about the following themes:
LOST
Zombie

But there are so many more to explore:

Pop Culture:
Lord of the Rings: Start at the Shire, drop the ring off at the volcano.
Giligan's Island: A Totem symbol could be play a game with the Harlem Globetrotters.

But I think we should focus on something a little less gimmicky. Something creative and challenging that adds something new to the game. Sky's the limit Ladies and Gentlemen. We can make something nice and playtest it until it breaks then we'll fix er up and do it again until she is perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
badge
Hello again...,
thinking, thinking, thinking.....
well, WHY NOT "Zombie attack" ?
I just created a rough draft for a scenario - will test it this evening and then come back to you.
I´m afraid though that it won´t be something really NEW - just another scenario as the ones we know allready....
But - if more people throw in ideas - we could discover something new ?
Going to set up the game now....
Marion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: ESSEN SpieltageMicrobadge: Tabletop Simulator fanMicrobadge: The Dice Tower fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
How about Polynesion Settlement?
The Polynesian followed a flock of birds for several decades, each year a little further down the 5500km from there home islands to the Islands of Hawaii. So what about a scenario were you have to resupply the venturers and repair there boats. Since we do not have that many turns to play, it doesn't need to be Hawaii that we want to discover, but some other island that can be reached within a shorter period of time. Lets say we follow some birds every day from there feeding area near our home island to there resting places.
I can not help in developing the scenario or play test it due to time restrictions, but i hope the idea itself is a contribution
Looking forward to it!!
FH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
As "First Player" for turn 1, I would like to suggest we openly brainstorm themes on this page. Then we can create a google spreadsheet and give everyone X number of votes. They cast their votes on the theme they like. We select the most popular Y number of themes. We hold one more vote between them. The most popular theme will be the winner. Sound good?

Who wants to be the "First Player" for turn 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I would love to contribute to this but I'll have to wait until I lay my hands on the Zman edition. Hopefully in March!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
Marc, you are welcome to join in the fun. Owning the game is not a requirement. whistle Shh, don't tell anyone, but I didn't own a copy of Robinson when I helped out with the King Kong project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Weightlifting fanMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I eschew shoes
Quality over Quantity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
badge
Hi Robert....,
was playtesting my own scenario for 3 hours now - it is real fun - but also it is quite some hard work.
Already in the second round I faced problems with my own rules, and from that on in every other round. I had to adjust and change something constantly. I´m beginning to understand what it means to create a game that is challenging and functioning without beeing boring or too heavy!

Maybe in two or three days I can provide some usable ideas....
Right now ......I just say good night.
Marion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
Microbadge: Polis: Fight for the Hegemony fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: H. P. Lovecraft fanMicrobadge: Emperor's New Clothes fanMicrobadge: Neil Gaiman fan
How about a semi-cooperative "Lord of the Flies" variant (playable only for 2 or 4 players)?
Each turn a player has to decide which side he belongs to - Jack's team or Ralp's team.
While Jack's team has some kind of bonus for hunting, Ralph's team has a bonus for building stuff. Gathering and exploring are without bonuses, but Jack's team can secretly decide each round to make it harder - to the possible detriment of the whole game.
Also, Jack's team is in charge of weapons, which means they will have to decide of Ralph's team can use the weapons or not.
However, Ralph's team are in charge of shelter, roof and palisades, as well as most inventions, so they have to decide of Jack's team can use them. However, Jack's team has the chance to camp on a different tile with natural shelter, and can build a separate roof or palisades there.
All ressources gathered or hunted belong to the team that got them. However, they can be traded.
The "Beach" shelter does not move (except for card reasons - however, it has to be moved back at the first possible instant).
Players can decide to switch teams each round. If there is noone in a team, then no trade occurs (e.g. noone can use items or "beach" shelter") or complications are created (harder exploration/gathering).
At the end of the game, each player tallies his own points (there have to be additional options to score), and the player with most points is the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
The Naturalist:
You are assigned to a sister ship of the HMS Beagle and are transporting a naturalist like Charles Darwin. Your mission is to collect natural flora and fauna secimens from different islands along the way. The ship crashes into a reef (or just drops us off), but the naturalist survives and must carry out his mission of exploration.
Goal of scenario is to collect different animals and plants from the island. The naturalist character has a health track on the sheet like rescue Jenny scenario and gets one action token (beige).
Special build inventions are cages (multi build like crosses) and a garden (same as Robinson family, with one twist stated below).
Players have the choice to capture or kill the beasts they find during a normal hunting action. If there is an empty cage player may place the animal in the cage. 1 animal per cage. (maybe the animal need to eat during the night phase?).
Also the naturalist can collect different plants from the island (wood) and plant it in his garden. There can be some specialty rule about plants coming from different island tiles, because the naturalist wants different kinds of plants, but that is open for discussion, as are all the details of this scenario.
At the end of the scenario the rescue ship (or mother ship) arrives and players receive points for number of beasts and plants in garden, or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han(dsome) Solo
Poland
flag msg tools
botanybob wrote:
The Naturalist
I've been thinking of a similar solution with a Naturalist character present as wellwhistle just without the plants part. Also, I wouldn't care about capturing living speciments but take notes instead (with a notebook or smoething similar as a special item). And the ship, I thought it would be just another ship bringing more supplies and additional crew to set up a research base on the island.

I like the idea of collecting plants as well.
Also, count me as a +1 for the Naturalist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Daredevil fanMicrobadge: BBQ loverMicrobadge: Z-Man Games fanMicrobadge: Meaty Game fanMicrobadge: There's No Crying in Boardgaming!
botanybob wrote:
The Naturalist:
Great character idea!!

Maybe another scenario idea could be Jurassic Park. Get from one end of the island to the other end. Avoid dinosaurs. Perhaps a natural disaster looms as well.

Could flesh it out more but let's see if the idea has merit.

Zev Shlasinger, Consultant
Z-Man Games, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Han(dsome) Solo
Poland
flag msg tools
Zman wrote:
Jurassic Park
Looks like a possible copyright trouble. Other than that, it could be pretty nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
This is a community sponsored not for pay project. Copyright issues should not apply. Great ideas everyone. Keep them coming in. Sky is the limit. We'll vote in a week or so. Remember you don't have to own Robinson to make a scenario. This can be a great way to be involved and pass the time until the zman game is released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imre Hauszknecht
Hungary
Pécs
flag msg tools
We'll kill you with kindness!
badge
Microbadge: Heroes of Terrinoth fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Outer Rim fanMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: I am the curseMicrobadge: T.I.M.E Stories fan
Hi there!

My Idea: I realized that there is no pirate story among the adventures. So there could be a Pirate adventure, with an additional pirate character either a playable, or a NPC like Friday/Jenny/Darwin . The Story could be about a crazy pirate captain, who was dropped on the deserted Island to die, but he survived and he asks for our help to take back his sloop, because the ship travels to the island every year once, and the arrival is close, and this is our only chance to survive! It has some Pirates of the Caribbean taste...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
badge
Microbadge: 1066, Tears to Many Mothers fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Lifeform fan
Anyone ever play lost valley of the dinosaurs? Or escape from Atlantis? Seems they would fit nicely too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
badge
Hi lads..! (I believe I´m the only girl here? blush)

Well, I have to admit that I find all your other ideas much better than my Zombie-stuff. As I posted before, it would be just too much Cannibal-alike. Your suggestions really show some new elements!
I´m especially enchanted with the birds- and plants- and pirate-ideas !
(I don´t suppose one or two Zombies could be integrated in one of those? )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
All these ideas are great, including zombie and crazy pirate ideas. When we get enough ideas together, we'll do a vote.
Keep up the creative work!
Even if your idea doesn't make it to the next level we can keep it on the list for next time, or you might find a friend to help you make the scenario yourself.
I'm really excited about what I've seen so far, you guys and gal are really creative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
Microbadge: Golden Image UploaderMicrobadge: Kingdom Death fan - Flower KnightMicrobadge: Rahdo Runs Through fanMicrobadge: Dog lover
I wonder if we could explore the cursed island idea a little more.

Lovecraft flavor anyone? Perhaps a race against time and Deep One cultists who will raise Cthulhu via dark ritual on round 12. The intrepid heroes must battle the island, cultists (need custom deep one cards for the animal deck), and the increasingly stormy weather to find Elder Signs hidden on the island and disrupt the ritual before round 12 and CTHULHU's RETURN!!!

)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
Microbadge: Polis: Fight for the Hegemony fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: H. P. Lovecraft fanMicrobadge: Emperor's New Clothes fanMicrobadge: Neil Gaiman fan
I am inclined to answer:
"Oh no, another forcefully interjected Mythos content into a game that is not really on par with the subject."
But then, it is your funeral...
...idea, I mean...
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: 1066, Tears to Many Mothers fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Lifeform fan
Dumon wrote:
I am inclined to answer:
"Oh no, another forcefully interjected Mythos content into a game that is not really on par with the subject."
The Mythos is always on a par with the subject. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
Microbadge: Golden Image UploaderMicrobadge: Kingdom Death fan - Flower KnightMicrobadge: Rahdo Runs Through fanMicrobadge: Dog lover
Agreed Tristan! SR taunts the Great One at his doom. He will pray for death when clawed fingers of the Deep Ones pull him into the marshes on the Cursed Island! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |