Popular Tags: new_jersey [+] [View All]
Cena Mayo
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm visiting central NJ (Bridgewater/Hillsborough) and looking for a game shop within reasonable (no more than an hour-ish) driving distance. I've been to Hobbymasters (only one I could find online) in Red Bank and was disappointed by the games selection (plus they wanted $82 for Descent.)

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woodbridge Mall has a store....I forgot the name....it's a store that sells Pool Tables, etc.

I was there about a year ago - they had Java, Niagara (right after it came out), AH games, and so on.

Gamer's Realm in East Windsor.

But don't expect any bargains from either store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this thread is 2 years old, but I saw it linked from this thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/294366

There is a store on Main St in Somerville called The Only Game In Town. They have a website: http://www.togit.com/

I've only been in there once, because they seem to focus on CCGs and Warhammer. I think I might have seen some Axis and Allies stuff too. I paid full retail there for Ticket to Ride, which was not-so-prominently displayed on a high shelf behind the sales counter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Nordin
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going back to the two years old theme, but there's also a comic store in downtown New Brunswick that has games called Fallout Shelter. www.falloutsheltercomics.com. What he doesn't have he'll order for you. Prices are basically MSRP. The gamers there are a little older in general than togit, which has more kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlnordin wrote:
Going back to the two years old theme, but here's also a comic store in downtown New Brunswick that has games called Fallout Shelter. www.falloutsheltercomics.com. What he doesn't have he'll order for you. Prices are basically MSRP. The gamers there are a little older in general than togit, which has more kids.

Nothing to see at Fallout Shelter. Two shelves of games. I tried calling and it went to voicemail, so I drove there and arrived maybe 20 minutes later. The guy working was walking around talking on the phone and never even acknowledged my presence. Apparently they have Thursday Game Night, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Noaceyet wrote:
Woodbridge Mall has a store....I forgot the name....it's a store that sells Pool Tables, etc.

I was there about a year ago - they had Java, Niagara (right after it came out), AH games, and so on.

The Game Room Store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott R
United States
Robbinsville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very good new store on Rt 33 in Hamilton. Decent selection of all types of games and the owner is very knowledgeable. Great to have a local store to support...

http://familyfunhobbies.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Nice Selection of Games and Toys here for "Kids" of all ages.

Toys For Thought
310 Third Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701
732-363-4009

Mon - Thurs:
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri:
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sun:
11:00 am - 6:00 pm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I manage the aforementioned Toys for Thought. We've got a pretty good selection of games across all genres (Euro, abstracts, party, kids). Although we're not strictly a game store, we do have a selection of games ranging somewhere between 500-800 titles.

There's also supposedly a new place in the Belmar area -I forget the name- but they are unique in that they are primarily a place to play games (with paid membership), and you can buy many of the games they have for playing.
Haven't been there yet, but it's a cool concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bradley
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boris, do you stock Heroscape by chance? And do you know the name of the place in Belmar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't stock Heroscape, but I can special order almost any game for you, and it will be in-store the next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls