Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting to get the feeling that my wife is cheating on me. I'm seeing all of the typical warning signs. A couple of weeks a go we had a big fight and we both said some things we can't take back. I'm afraid maybe it caused a large fracture to form in our relationship. Anyway, since that time she's been doing a lot of 'going out with the girls' from work. when I ask which ones, it's always 'someone I don't know', or 'why do you care?'. She's super defensive about every question I ask her. When she comes home from these little outings, I've seen her walking from around the corner, like she's been dropped off by a car that she doesn't want me to see. Then finally, the other day, I picked up her cell phone and decided to look through some of the recent calls. It was during this time that I hapened to notice that Caylus is still number 2 in the ratings after all this time. Which brings me to my question: Should I just go ahead and buy it without trying it first, or is there a chance that a hardcore Euro-gamer might not like it?

Thanks for your help in this matter. I really appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hire a private eye.

Edit: And I'm not a hitman, So don't ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bryan
United States
Barbourville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait till after the divorce, that way she won't be able to take it from you...she'll just get all your other games...and then she'll invite you to the bonfire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmb
What a nice windup! Just go play it on BSW and see if you like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Got two game tables and a microphone
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I often agree with MisterCranky, but I would play it on BSW first. Have you played it before? If not, I would definitely mention that when looking for players. (I'm often on BSW, I'm an ETer and my username on BSW is the same as here: daveroswell. I also want to learn how to play Caylus.) I've played Caylus once, and it struck me that it won't be for everyone. I know it's popular now, but I'd wait to buy it.

I hope stuff works out otherwise...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
PS - To those of you who are gravely concerned about my wife cheating on me, yes, it was a joke. If she says the lady at the cologn counter spilled it on her neck, then that's what happened!... Ok, that was a joke too. I saw this set up on the World of Warcraft forums first and thought it was halarious enough to share with you. I think on the WoW forums it ended with ... and that's when a warrior two shotted me. Do you think I should respec to [such and such]?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, all I can say is that your wife *loves* playing Caylus with me. She is non-stop I tell you! She begs to play Caylus with me. "Dang it woman! I am not a Caylus machine!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mb
ejmowrer wrote:
If she says the lady at the cologn counter spilled it on her neck, then that's what happened!...

Now if she was doing the lady at the cologne counter that would be even better. Or if she was having an affair with the lady at the cologne counter, and they both whispered sweet caylus strategies in my ear and....oh wait, never mind. Me thinking aloud again.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
ejmowrer wrote:
I'm starting to get the feeling that my wife is cheating on me. I'm seeing all of the typical warning signs. A couple of weeks a go we had a big fight and we both said some things we can't take back. I'm afraid maybe it caused a large fracture to form in our relationship. Anyway, since that time she's been doing a lot of 'going out with the girls' from work. when I ask which ones, it's always 'someone I don't know', or 'why do you care?'. She's super defensive about every question I ask her. When she comes home from these little outings, I've seen her walking from around the corner, like she's been dropped off by a car that she doesn't want me to see. Then finally, the other day, I picked up her cell phone and decided to look through some of the recent calls. It was during this time that I hapened to notice that Caylus is still number 2 in the ratings after all this time. Which brings me to my question: Should I just go ahead and buy it without trying it first, or is there a chance that a hardcore Euro-gamer might not like it?

Thanks for your help in this matter. I really appreciate it.

Buy it and set up a game with the 3-4 most likely potential cuckolders. My understanding is you'll be able to figure out the guilty party by their scoring order - it'll be the 3rd place finisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmb
daveroswell wrote:
I don't think I often agree with MisterCranky, but I would play it on BSW first.

I think you agree with me far more often than you'd like to admit, but one area where we are in complete disagreement? You'd take Intrige off of BSW ahead of PacMan, and I wouldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, shame on you blushlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the fake cheater that is. To Cranky, I'm not a huge fan of pac man on BSW either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Damn, and here I thought she was cheating on you with a guy named Caylus . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.