Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a few months since the last one, so here we go again. He's your perfect opportunity to try and trade away all your games that are sitting there collecting dust.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: Opening Day Weekend - Canadian Math Trade

Request GeekList: Opening Day Weekend - Canadian Math Trade - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Friday March 29th (1:00 PM EDT) to Sunday April 7th (10:00 PM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Sunday April 7th (10:00 PM EDT) to Tuesday April 9th (11:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of two (2) Gift Certificate and two (2) Geek Gold entries per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, April 7th, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, April 9th, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wants: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/155340-officialwants.txt

Results (OLWLG): http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT): http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/155340-results-official.tx...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
# MISSING 11 WANTS (1.3%) FROM 3 USER(s) (3.1%):
# Kampfer (2)
# rfoth (2)
# Tweezer (7)

Num trades = 219 of 825 items (26.5%)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thyssen
Canada
Sparta
ON
flag msg tools
adamthyssen.com
badge
adamthyssen.com
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I was, not expecting any gifts for Easter... Thanks Ox!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wishing for a Canadian MT for roughly a week now. Way to fulfill my secret wishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liaw
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey - just popping in to say thanks for running it a MT. I've been wanting to do one for a while, but the majority have been no-ship, or US only as of late.

Sorry about the confusion with my double entry of Babel. I actually do have two copies of Fist of Dragonstones, so I confused myself when I was doing the entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first math trade (on BGG anyway) and so can we start on our want list at all or just wait until the 7th?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can start on your Want List (on the OLWLG) tool right away - and probably should, especially if this is your first Math Trade. You can't submit your final list until after the listing period closes.

(btw, Welcome to Math Trades!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I've been wanting to get in on a math trade for ages but given the list of games in this photo that I don't play and would be putting up… I'm pretty sure that it's just a waste of everyones time. LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Smiths Falls
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XxaviorR wrote:
I've been wanting to get in on a math trade for ages but given the list of games in this photo that I don't play and would be putting up… I'm pretty sure that it's just a waste of everyones time. LOL

I might be interested in Tank Battle, and that's the version of Careers I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
christopher_the_fehn wrote:
XxaviorR wrote:

I might be interested in Tank Battle, and that's the version of Careers I'm looking for.

Hmm… maybe I need to re-think this…

I had just thrown the whole lot up on Kijiji, but if I'd actually get something for them, then that would be better.

Now I just have to figure out how to do this whole math trade thing. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XxaviorR wrote:

The beauty of math trades is that you really never know what people might be interested in (although you may have to be pretty loose with your own wants in exchange)! I listed a few older games myself (including that same version of Careers) along with a TON of other games & am hoping for the best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XxaviorR wrote:

Just watch the instructional video linked to in the header (if you haven't already done so).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Cannibal Ox wrote:
XxaviorR wrote:

Just watch the instructional video linked to in the header (if you haven't already done so).

I actually just watched them. I might put some games up after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Smiths Falls
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jepp wrote:
XxaviorR wrote:

The beauty of math trades is that you really never know what people might be interested in (although you may have to be pretty loose with your own wants in exchange)! I listed a few older games myself (including that same version of Careers) along with a TON of other games & am hoping for the best!

Is yours the same version, Jason? I'm being very picky about Careers as I'm trying to get the same version I had when I was a kid. You listed yours as the 1979 version and BGG has a different box cover posted as a picture for the 1979 version. The red cover above is listed as the 1965 cover in the "versions" section. I think we briefly discussed adding Careers to a trade in the past, but I didn't think it was the version I was looking for due to going by what's listed on BGG!

Though now I also see that red box cover is listed as the 1971 version in the pics section, but has a different cover for the 1971 version in the version section. I'm so confused! Basically I'm looking for a version with the cover as shown in Kevin's pic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
jepp wrote:
XxaviorR wrote:

Is yours the same version, Jason? I'm being very picky about Careers as I'm trying to get the same version I had when I was a kid. You listed yours as the 1979 version and BGG has a different box cover posted as a picture for the 1979 version. The red cover above is listed as the 1965 cover in the "versions" section. I think we briefly discussed adding Careers to a trade in the past, but I didn't think it was the version I was looking for due to going by what's listed on BGG!

Though now I also see that red box cover is listed as the 1971 version in the pics section, but has a different cover for the 1971 version in the version section. I'm so confused! Basically I'm looking for a version with the cover as shown in Kevin's pic.

I'd like to know that too as the copy that I have isn't in "pristine" condition. Most of the game boxes have some fairly decent wear to them. The components are generally very good with everything, but it seems as though most people here want perfect to almost perfect boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Smiths Falls
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XxaviorR wrote:

I'd like to know that too as the copy that I have isn't in "pristine" condition. Most of the game boxes have some fairly decent wear to them. The components are generally very good with everything, but it seems as though most people here want perfect to almost perfect boxes.

When it comes to old school games like that I never expect the boxes to be pristine. If they are, great, but I certainly expect there to be some fairly heavy wear. As long I know what sort of shape it's in ahead of time I'm happy and generally won't turn down the trade unless the box is so damaged that it's useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
XxaviorR wrote:

When it comes to old school games like that I never expect the boxes to be pristine. If they are, great, but I certainly expect there to be some fairly heavy wear. As long I know what sort of shape it's in ahead of time I'm happy and generally won't turn down the trade unless the box is so damaged that it's useless.

Good to know as this is my first math trade.

I put a photo up on the trade list so that you can see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when making your want list, how do you determine priority? For instance if I have two games I would like to trade for and I offer Flash point for both of them, how can I say that (given the choice) I would like game #1 over game #2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
cptcanuck wrote:
when making your want list, how do you determine priority? For instance if I have two games I would like to trade for and I offer Flash point for both of them, how can I say that (given the choice) I would like game #1 over game #2?

That's what I would like to know too, but I don't think that there's an option for that. The program just figures out how to maximize the trade chain. So, if you're #2 choice produces a longer chain... then you get your number two choice.

So my understanding is that you really need to be careful that you're only selecting the games that you're happy getting for a particular game, regardless of order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
The safest is to always assume that you will get the least desirable trade in your want list and adjust accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thyssen
Canada
Sparta
ON
flag msg tools
adamthyssen.com
badge
adamthyssen.com
mbmbmbmbmb
XxaviorR wrote:
cptcanuck wrote:

That's what I would like to know too, but I don't think that there's an option for that. The program just figures out how to maximize the trade chain. So, if you're #2 choice produces a longer chain... then you get your number two choice.

So my understanding is that you really need to be careful that you're only selecting the games that you're happy getting for a particular game, regardless of order.

That's exactly right. As they say, you're most likely to get your least wanted item for anything you put up.

So long as you're okay if that trade happens, you'll be fine. Otherwise, don't put anything on a wantlist that you aren't 100% sure you'll be happy with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol...thanks.

slinkydink wrote:
The safest is to always assume that you will get the least desirable trade in your want list and adjust accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first BGG math trade. I've been in others where I could group my items for trade so that they could be traded individually or as a group (which ever comes first) but apparently I can't do that here...hench the sweeteners I've been seeing.

Is there a way I can change that now with some of the games I have out there - ie the story cubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's not possible to group items in that manner. Each geeklist entry is treated as a separate entity to trade (whether it contains a single game or a lot of games).

If you want to edit or re-list some of your entries to include sweeteners, you can go ahead and do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.