robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
the guys at gmt asked for someone to put this note up here, so:

Important Note for owners of Commands & Colors: Ancients:

There are some extra stickers on the stickers pages that are spares but are not marked as spares. What this means is that if you just start matching blocks and stickers without referring to the rulebook, you could inadvertently put spare stickers on blocks needed for a different unit. To make sure this doesn't happen to you, designer Richard Borg suggests the following:

Separate the blocks by color, Gray Romans, Brown Carthaginian, then sort blocks by size. Go to Page 3 in the rule book and start with the Roman Units. Pull out 24 small gray blocks. Find the Roman Light Infantry stickers on sheet 1 of 3 (there are two of these sheets). Peel and place stickers front and back on the 24 small gray blocks. When you run out of the 24 blocks, move onto Roman Light Bow Infantry. Pull out 8 small gray blocks. Find the Roman Light Bow Infantry stickers on Sheet 3 of 3. Peel and place stickers on the front and back on the 8 small gray blocks. When you run out of 8 blocks, move onto Roman Light Sling Infantry 4 blocks… keep going it will really will be worth the effort!

Enjoy! Richard Borg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Important Note for owners of Commands & Colors: Ancients
Was posted yesterday too:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/95360

but it's important enough to call out in its own topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Waite
Australia
Ashgrove
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish I'd read this before I set my wife off with the sticker books and blocks and told her to go for it ...
She's cranky now .. there goes my gaming time cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt FromVirginia
United States
Northern Virginia
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In the 2nd edition of the game you get five sheets - two identical sheets for the Roman armies (i.e. one sheet for either side of the block), two identical sheets for the Carths and a single sheet for the dice, flags and some carryover Romans and Carths.

While it's intuitive to search the fifth sheet for the remaining Romans and/or Carths, be aware that on the Carth sheets there are actually a small number of Roman stickers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The version I bought came with a tiny flyer alerting me to this fact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Nott
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Samort7 wrote:
The version I bought came with a tiny flyer alerting me to this fact.

I just got C&C:A earlier this year. I believe it suggest in rulebook how to properly sticker the blocks. Thank goodness for the extra stickers to as i messed up stickering a handful of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just use Conquest of the Empire plastic miniatures...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls