Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at the Renaissance Montura for the week and was wondering if anyone knows of a game store close to this hotel?
Thanks in advance,
z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oettinger
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You might want to check out this thread, which provided some good commentary on LA-area game stores.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/598550#598550

And its follow up thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/622845#622845

I'm not sure where your hotel is located, so I don't know which of these is most conveniently located, but LA generally requires driving around, and if you will be driving, I'd say The Last Grenadier is probably the best of those located in LA and the immediately surrounding area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Myrick
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second the recommendation of Last Grenadier as having the best stock in the area.

Also, The Game Zone in Pasadena has a new manager who is changing things around a bit and cleaning the place up, the front anyway. Now he needs to clean up the back area with the gaming tables and pcs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cuppa Jack
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
lmyrick wrote:
The Game Zone in Pasadena has a new manager who is changing things around a bit and cleaning the place up...

OT, but how new is the manager?
I haven't been down that way in a couple of months, but I like that store. They have a decent selection of Euro's (even if it is spread out across the store.)

Unfortunatly it is nowhere near LAX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kaplan
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
Quote:

OT, but how new is the manager?
I haven't been down that way in a couple of months, but I like that store. They have a decent selection of Euro's (even if it is spread out across the store.)

I also wonder about this. I stopped by the store on a Sunday a few weeks back after I saw on their website that Sundays are "open gaming" (or something like that). The front was a lot more organized than I remember it being. I talked a bit to the teenage girl at the counter about what "open gaming" means and she didn't really have any answers.

Now, all the info on their site is gone and it just says "coming soon."

Do they have store copies that are available for playing on Sundays? Does anyone have the skinny?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls