Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanted to do a report on the regional tourney here in Indy. I spent last night practicing a couple games and doing everything I could to tweak my Jinteki deck out to 49 cards. I knew there wouldn't be a lot of Jinteki there (turns out I was the only one), but it is fun. I also brought my Gabe who I love playing with, though I tend to be a bit too aggressive.

I got there at 12:20, ready to play and hoping for 20-25 people. However, we only had 10 show up. Then, the person who had organized the tourney also didn't show, and as far as I know, didn't call to say he wasn't going to show. So store owner ended up running the tournament, which because he honestly didn't know the format caused us to start about 45 minutes late. I appreciate him stepping up though and once we finally got going it was fun!

Round 1 - Me (6) vs Eric (0)
I played as runner the first game of every match, so started right away against the only none-Weyland corp I'd play all day. I got off to a very good start with Eric, and was able to score rather quickly a couple agendas. He did quick advance one agenda, but other than that with all my breakers out it was over with a 7-2 win for me.

Game 2 showed his own Criminal deck against by Jinteki. I started the game, which I started most games, with a PAD in a remote server and a couple ice on HQ and R&D. I was able to score a Braintrust early on. Then Eric snagged a Fetal AI while I only had a couple credits, but that 3 card damage left him with no cards, so I played my EMP to get the win with a flatline.

Round 2 - Me (0) vs Jeremy (6)
I was hoping not to play Jeremy today. One, because he is good. Two, because he is one of the 2 people I play on a regular basis, so I was wanting to see someone else. I took my Criminal deck at his Weyland Tag & Bag and just didn’t do well. I couldn’t find agendas in HQ and finally got to the point where I had to Stimhack to make a run at his remote server with an installed card that had 2 advances on it, knowing I’d get in and score some points or get stuck with Aggressive Secretary and lost my programs and essentially the game. Well, I lost 7 to 2.

Game 2 I drew way too many agendas and just couldn’t keep him out of my hand, which meant he beat me really quickly 7 to 2. We had enough time to play a 3rd game before the round ended and we started another round. Jeremy would go on to win the tourney with a perfect 24 points of prestige. Great job buddy!

Round 3 – Me(0) vs Wesley (6)
Matched up yet again with Weyland, this time though things didn’t go well at all. I went through over half my deck and only had a Sneakdoor out, which after Wesley played the first ice over archives essentially stopped me. I only made a single successful run against HQ which is unheard of with my deck. It was just really bad. Anyways he won that 7-0.

The next game I was so close to winning, but just didn’t do so. Wesley was running a Noise/PW deck and so I built up archives as best I could. He did make a few runs and finally made a run on my twice advanced Junebug, which left him with 0 cards. However, I had no EMP in my hand and 3 draws from the deck didn’t bring me one, so I wasn’t able to flatline him. He then just proceeded to Crypsis past anything he wanted for the win 7-2.

Round 4 – Me (5) vs Mark (1)
Yet again I went up against a Weyland deck, but Mark had a really hard time drawing any agendas and I made run on HQ almost every single turn, which kept me in the money. With a couple well timed runs, though expensive, I was able to get 4 points off some agendas. Since I knew he just didn’t seem to have any agendas in hand, I de-rezzed a Wall of Ice with Emergency Shutdown and scored a 3 point agenda off the top of R&D to win 7-0.

Mark played a Noise deck, which wasn’t completely virus, but more of using Data Suckers to make everything cost less to break easily. This was an epic match and we actually timed out. I only had 4 cards left in my R&D. We both had 6 points each and had the rest of the tournaments attendees watching our finish. I feel like I was going to be able to win, but perhaps not. Either way, I got the match overall.

Summary
With 11 prestige points, I finished in 6th place, which got me a mat! I really like it the art on it. I was disappointed with my play of Gabe and know Jenteki isn’t quite there yet. Running into three Wyldsides my last 3 games really put the nix on winning by damage and I made some poor choices in my bluffing, which is what obviously wins Jinteki games.I had a great time playing my Jinteki deck though, as people tip-toed around me. As for distribution of factions, obviously a lot of Weyland, but there were a couple NBN. I think I saw one Shaper that was a Kate, but other than that I didn’t see anything but Criminal and Anarch. Thanks for reading, thanks to Saltire Games for hosting, and thanks for any suggestions you all might have on my decks!

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (10)
Nisei MK II (Core) x3
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
Private Security Force (Core) x1
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3

Asset: (11)
Project Junebug (Core) x3
Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core) x2
Snare! (Core) x3
PAD Campaign (Core) x3

ICE: (18)
Wall of Static (Core) x3
Neural Katana (Core) x3
Wall of Thorns (Core) x2
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x3 ■
Viktor 1.0 (Core) x3 ■■
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x3
Tollbooth (Core) x1 ■■

Operation: (10)
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Beanstalk Royalties (Core) x2 ■
Archived Memories (Core) x1 ■■
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x2
Neural EMP (Core) x2

Upgrade: (0)

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 8
Jinteki: 29
NBN: 5
The Weyland Consortium: 2

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Total Cards: (48)

Event: (26)
Special Order (Core) x2
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Account Siphon (Core) x3
Diesel (Core) x3 ■■
Forged Activation Orders (Core) x3
Easy Mark (Core) x3
Stimhack (Core) x1 ■
Inside Job (Core) x3
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus) x2
Infiltration (Core) x3

Hardware: (7)
E3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) x2
Desperado (Core) x2
Cortez Chip (What Lies Ahead) x3

Program: (9)
Sneakdoor Beta (Core) x2
Ninja (Core) x2
Gordian Blade (Core) x2 ■■■
Corroder (Core) x2 ■■
Femme Fatale (Core) x1

Resource: (6)
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Compromised Employee (Trace Amount) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 5
Criminal: 68
Shaper: 12

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice report.
Thanks for doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the report! Which Weyland identity was Jeremy using? Which runner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool deal, Daulton! Which I coulda joined in the bloodshed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrimsonWraith wrote:

He was using original I believe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ooogene wrote:
CrimsonWraith wrote:

He was using original I believe...

Yep - He was running original Weyland and Gabe. I see you got slammed by a 2 counter aggressive secretary as well. :x He was my only shutout loss.

I dont think I ever played you, but I got 4th with NBN and Kate. It was a fun time. My NBN deck was catered towards killing noise workshop and of course, I never played against anarch - 3 Gabe and CT, and 3 weyland and a HB. Sigh :(

How did you feel about your Jinteki composition, pop-up window in particular?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pop-Up Window helped quite a bit for me to keep me with money. However, Jinteki is just slow, which allows others to score quite a bit, which isn't the greatest. However, I have the most fun playing Jinteki, so I'll probably keep playing it. I learned quite a bit about bluffing, but sometimes, all the bluffing in the world doesn't help if they run on your Nisei and ruin your day.

Though, I do have a tourney next weekend I'm going to, which I think I might try some NBN out. Maybe just because I like their "flavor" in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.