Rahdo Runs Through» Forums » News

Subject: Coming Soon (well, soon-ish) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ichabod Crane
South Korea
flag msg tools
Yeahhhh, Claustrophobia is coming soon.
With all the Essen craze I wondered if it was forgotten (would be understandable)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see Cornish Smuggler on this list, and I also don't see it under requests. It is entered in your collection, but has no notation as to it's status, so do you actually own this one yet? AND if so where in does it stand? I know there was some discussion about it and folks wanting it and you weren't so keen. Not sure how all that came out in the end. But I would definitely like to know more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
niledesign wrote:
I don't see Cornish Smuggler on this list, and I also don't see it under requests. It is entered in your collection, but has no notation as to it's status, so do you actually own this one yet? AND if so where in does it stand? I know there was some discussion about it and folks wanting it and you weren't so keen. Not sure how all that came out in the end. But I would definitely like to know more.
It's in my collection? That's weird. Nope, don't have it. Realized it's not Jen's and my cup of tea (pick up & deliver + really aggressive take-that play = not for us), so I've not pursued trying to do a runthrough of it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what about a game like Mage Wars Arena?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:

not interesting to me at all, but put it on the request list and maybe your folks'll vote for it...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/158464/rahdo-runs-thro...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:

If it helps, Tox at Crits Happen has done some really nice Mage Wars videos.

Hope Richard doesn't mind me pointing people in the direction of other videos, but if it frees him up to work on games he wants to play....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:

[Cornish Smuggler] is in my collection? That's weird.

If an item has been added to your wishlist, and then is subsequently removed, it will still appear in the "collection" view, until you manually remove it by hitting the red "X" from within the same view.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh right, that. I've probably got a lot of pruning I need to do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the voting results [HERE], I reckon the next few games up will be Nations, Keyflower Farmers, Glass Road, and Claustrophobia (not necessarily in that order)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stop updating us and start filming!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRiddler1976 wrote:

meeple

The key ingredient to that is to get Jen to stop doing other things so she'll sit down and play with me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Henrique
Brazil
Recife
Pernambuco
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
TheRiddler1976 wrote:

meeple

The key ingredient to that is to get Jen to stop doing other things so she'll sit down and play with me

so now i know who rules the house! Not that it's any different in here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Soledade
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
WYG Developer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a saying here in Portugal:
"There are two kinds of men. The ones that THINK they're in charge and the ones that KNOW they're not."

If you know that already, that's an advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Based on the voting results [HERE], I reckon the next few games up will be Nations, Keyflower Farmers, Glass Road, and Claustrophobia (not necessarily in that order)

do my eyes deceive me. i would think that claustrophobia is as un-euro as games get. using the expansion or base game only?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
rahdo wrote:

do my eyes deceive me. i would think that claustrophobia is as un-euro as games get. using the expansion or base game only?

I'll go with expansion. I think the unique usage of the dice makes this game much more euro than the average dungeon crawl, definitely

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sold mine.

Interesting idea, but lack of different heroes and monsters made it 'meh'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ichabod Crane
South Korea
flag msg tools
Claustrophobia was in 2 of the top 10 Richard did (and he did only 2 or 3) so I thought it ought to be Run Through.

And it will be a good change from all the heavy Euros from Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleepow wrote:
Claustrophobia was in 2 of the top 10 Richard did (and he did only 2 or 3) so I thought it ought to be Run Through.

And it will be a good change from all the heavy Euros from Essen.

Interesting as Richard has stated a few times that he & Jen don't like games where you are mean to each other.

I guess killing each other with extreme prejudice doesn't count as mean? cool

Seriously I'd be interested in hearing his final thoughts. It didn't click with me. I guess the 'meaness' is ok if that is the whole point of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
I guess the 'meaness' is ok if that is the whole point of the game

Exactly. What we really hate is games where you spend a lot of time building or creating something, and then the other person destroys that. Most civilization games, for instance, we hate for that reason, because there's so much focus on warfare.

In a game where, from the beginning, it's about "you have these characters, I have these characters, let's dance!", we don't mind that. Still, it's not something that we seek out either, so the game has to be something really special to get our attention.

We think Claustrophobia is something special
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
I guess the 'meaness' is ok if that is the whole point of the game

Exactly. What we really hate is games where you spend a lot of time building or creating something, and then the other person destroys that. Most civilization games, for instance, we hate for that reason, because there's so much focus on warfare.

In a game where, from the beginning, it's about "you have these characters, I have these characters, let's dance!", we don't mind that. Still, it's not something that we seek out either, so the game has to be something really special to get our attention.

We think Claustrophobia is something special

Makes sense.

Have you tried Dungeon Twister just out of interest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, like DT quite a bit. Really looking forward to the card game version actually

I think I should do a video of my top 10 conflict-heavy games!

Edit: nevermind, I don't have 10. So my top 8 are

8) Jab
7) Middle Earth Quest
6) Fury of Dracula
5) Confusion
4) Dungeon Twister
3) Battlelore
2) Drako
1) Claustrophobia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gerstbrein
United States
Granby
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I am so smart. S M R T !!!
badge
Be real!
mbmbmbmbmb
We need more top 8's in the world. Or 7 or 6. It is nice to see you not stretch your choices just to make it 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r b
United States
flag msg tools
rahdo wrote:
Based on the voting results [HERE], I reckon the next few games up will be Nations, Keyflower Farmers, Glass Road, and Claustrophobia (not necessarily in that order) :)

Note that for Glass Road, there is now official Errata on the game page...

"Errata
The building "Roofing Company" (Dachdeckerei) should be taken from the game.
Together with other buildings it can lead to an unwanted loop."

The "loop" is presented in this game review... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1066806/glass-road-revie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
royal tenenbaum wrote:
rahdo wrote:

Note that for Glass Road, there is now official Errata on the game page...

"Errata
The building "Roofing Company" (Dachdeckerei) should be taken from the game.
Together with other buildings it can lead to an unwanted loop."

The "loop" is presented in this game review... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1066806/glass-road-revie...

Cool thanks for pointing that out! I'll mention it in my video
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
by the way, when do you plan to upload a runthrough for travel scrabble ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] |