Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nils
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
catchy wrote:
Would love to see a runthrough for Helios soon. I think the game will be out in 1-3 weeks.

that's what the request geeklist is for

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/158464/rahdo-runs-thro...

Added.

Thumbs up please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Im excited for Targi and Underground Railroad, Im glad the publisher sent you a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Breaking news: I had originally planed on filming Myth today, figuring after 4 days of playing it, I'd know it well enough to runthrough. Turns out that's not quite enough, so it probably won't happen till next week at the earliest, as I'm still waiting for answers to several questions...

Core Worlds will be stepping up to the plate to fill in the blank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
Yay! Im excited for Targi and Underground Railroad, Im glad the publisher sent you a copy.

Also cannot wait for Targi played it again at the weekend and every time we say "why don't we play this more often".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Breaking news: I had originally planed on filming Myth today, figuring after 4 days of playing it, I'd know it well enough to runthrough. Turns out that's not quite enough, so it probably won't happen till next week at the earliest, as I'm still waiting for answers to several questions...

I've seen all the rules questions you have been putting on the forum... it's just insane... I really feel for you... You shouldn't have to endure this hardship!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Henrique
Brazil
Recife
Pernambuco
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:

That's not good news for the game itself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
needless to say, i think the rules could use some work, and your run through will be VERY helpful to a number of people once you get the Myth run through done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The insane amount of questions that you have for Myth does not bode well for the game in my opinion. I was really hoping that it'd be a straight forward miniature game, but it looks overly cumbersome at this point. There are entirely too many rules questions in the forums right now for me to be comfortable dropping that kind of cash.

Maybe a 2nd edition.

Looking forward to the video though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
Has Targi gotten lost in the desert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
wi1ky wrote:
Has Targi gotten lost in the desert?
The state of Myth's rules has thrown my carefully plotted plans into total disarray, I'm afraid. But I will get there, rest assured!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ironically coming on the heels of my Kickstarter launch where I ask you for money in return for services, I'm sorry to say that even though the 2nd vote for March was Roads & Boats, I'm not going to be able to get it done this month! I was just consulting the calendar, and there's no way I'm going to be able to get R&B played enough before Jen leaves on Thursday

Myth has completely thrown my entire schedule off, and what's worse, I'm still no closer to getting it filmed either! I am now camped out on the publisher's forum looking for answers that are not being provided on the BGG boards, and will continue to fight the good fight on that front...

Anyway, the runner up in that vote was Study in Emerald which also won't be doable (because I want to play that 2p and with more before I film it) and the 2nd runner up was Merkator, which is totally doable. So there will be a switcheroo in the schedule, I'm afraid. Just wanted to let everyone know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karthik Setty
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for being transparent. I think you have the priorities right. We don't want you to do a run through of any game before you are ready or comfortable with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your uphill battle with Myth is highly appreciated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
and the 2nd runner up was Merkator, which is totally doable
Merkator is an awesome game which doesn't get half the love it deserves. Hopefully your video changes that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Ironically coming on the heels of my Kickstarter launch where I ask you for money in return for services, I'm sorry to say that even though the 2nd vote for March was Roads & Boats, I'm not going to be able to get it done this month! I was just consulting the calendar, and there's no way I'm going to be able to get R&B played enough before Jen leaves on Thursday

Myth has completely thrown my entire schedule off, and what's worse, I'm still no closer to getting it filmed either! I am now camped out on the publisher's forum looking for answers that are not being provided on the BGG boards, and will continue to fight the good fight on that front...

Anyway, the runner up in that vote was Study in Emerald which also won't be doable (because I want to play that 2p and with more before I film it) and the 2nd runner up was Merkator, which is totally doable. So there will be a switcheroo in the schedule, I'm afraid. Just wanted to let everyone know...

your difficulty with learning Myth is definitely off-putting for me. any news about the company releasing an updated rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
rahdo wrote:

your difficulty with learning Myth is definitely off-putting for me. any news about the company releasing an updated rulebook?

THey've released several PDFs that help flesh out the rules, but unfortunately some of them also have misleading errors in them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Hayward
Japan
Koto-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:

Nooooo!!! With my last breath, I curse Myth!!! I`m waiting for that Roads & Boats run-through like a kid waiting to open his Winter Solstice presents!

I must admit I`ve never seen you post so much on a single forum like you have Myth. They should just pay you to rewrite the manual and get it to everyone with all holes plugged and frills attached!

Not to risk spoilers, but are you actually getting enjoyment out of learning the beast that is Myth? Or will it be remembered as a Ameri-trashy black-hole from which your free time could not escape?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jadehope wrote:
Not to risk spoilers, but are you actually getting enjoyment out of learning the beast that is Myth? Or will it be remembered as a Ameri-trashy black-hole from which your free time could not escape?

Spoiler alert, here's something like what my final thoughts will be, if I can ever get through the game rules to make them:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
For starters, I would definitely laud the game for several things, most notably the wonderful hand-management driven gameplay, the fantastic character uniqueness, the truly co-operative structure of the hero cycle, the high production values (though I would show how my archer and 1 grubber came with a broken arms, acolyte had a broken hand, and a few crawlers were broken off of their bases), and most importantly, the frankly revolutionary quest development system where players craft their own story, and the world evolves over time in response (specifically that the C quest deck evolves and changes, as well as the treasure bag contents). That last bit I'd probably mention wouldn't surprise me if at the end of 2014, it's praised as one of the most innovative new ideas of the year.

So that would be the good, but the bad would be:

The state of the shipping rulebook is unacceptably poor, with vague or completely absent definitions of how much of the gameplay works, and the supplementary materials released to date have errors of their own that can further mislead the player. I would of course add that eventually these issues will be resolved, but that it's been a hugely frustrating ride for me, in spite of how much fun I find the core gameplay to be.

I'd also talk about how much I dislike that while the world evolves around you, your characters themselves do not evolve, but always reset back to their default state (no deck manipulation, no keeping loot) UNLESS you play through the pre-designed story quests, which themselves significantly diminish what makes the core Myth experience so special. I would add that I think it's great that there are semi-prescripted story quests in the box, as I recognize a lot of people would really need them to feel comfortable, but *requiring* that they be played to advance your character doesn't sit well with me at all.

Also I'd talk about how the rules don't address the issue that the game does not come with enough minis, and that you'll regularly run out of them during the course of normal play (or at least, we've found this to be the case in the 10 hours of play we've had so far). Even worse is that the skeleton miniboss spawns skeleton minions, which don't come with the game at all, and the "onslaught mode" is completely unplayable with the core game because of lack of minis. To me, these issues are a big problem, considering how expensive the game is, that it literally comes uncomplete, though there are ways to address it if players are willing to come up with their own house rules (which I find to be a failure of design - that players would have to engineer their own rules to fix shortcomings of production) or use use proxies (we've been using random purple quest tokens) which significantly impacts the overall fun factor of the game.

Also, I'm very worried about the long-term integrity of the rules as I now understand them. This is most notable with the "you can leave a tile any time you want, and the monsters and quests of that tile will stick around and stay active, all overlapping" thing. IMO, this opens up such a huge potential can of worms that over the ensuing years will have to be addressed through myriad patches and rules erratum, I seriously fear for the long term playability of the game (I'd hate to see Myth go the way of Descent 1.0). I appreciate that the stance of the developers is "if you don't like the way it works, change the rules. Be resourceful, we only offer you a guideline, not a bible", but I think that is a stance that puts the onus on the players to do the work and playtesting that should have been done as part of the game's development.

Or words to that effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar TheDude
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard, I must say that is the best analysis of Myth I've seen on the internet. Although it seems like a fun game, it does reach across as incomplete to me. Would love to try it after all these issues have been fixed (next year maybe)... You're a real champ that have struggled through the rules.

Btw, supported you on Kickstarter, I discovered your runthroughs last year, and I really enjoy your style and applaud your effort. You bring something new to the table, and your interactions with Jen is really nice. Keep up the good work.

-OTheD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, I've changed the first post of this list to only talk about the games I'm doing immediately in the next few weeks... having all the potential games I might do in the next few months seemed like overkill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard

Frisco
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard - Just wondering how the Myth run through is coming along? I've pretty much decided to hold back on trying this game out until I watch your run through
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheeler
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see Roads & Boats is still upcoming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pumpkinhead76 wrote:
Richard - Just wondering how the Myth run through is coming along? I've pretty much decided to hold back on trying this game out until I watch your run through

well it's been a few days since I've seen anything in the threads that totally came out of left field and redefined everything so probably this week

mister allen wrote:
Glad to see Roads & Boats is still upcoming
Yup, won't be probably till the last week of april though, as Jen's got to get back from the UK (same for Study in Emerald & Might & Magic Heroes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see the Endeavor runthrough! My FLGS has a great deal on it. Can we get it soon ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kelendil wrote:
I'd love to see the Endeavor runthrough! My FLGS has a great deal on it. Can we get it soon ?
Your FLGS has Endeavor??! You should just buy it and watch the reviews later. It's been OOP, and even if you don't like it, you'll be able to sell it for what you paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [24] |