Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
49 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Utah County No-Ship Math Trade #2 (School's Out Edition) Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadlines:
Last Day to Add Games: Sunday 6/9/2013 10PM
Last Day to Submit Want List: Wednesday 6/12/2013 10PM
Results posted shortly after Want List Deadline. If an error is found, please notify me immediately, and I will correct it. Otherwise, results, once posted, are final!
Exchange: Saturday 6/15/2013 2-3PM

Useful Links:
Boardgame Revolution - Our host for this math trade and one of Utah County's finest game stores.
Math_Trades - If you're new to Math Trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
OLWLG - Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Trade Geeklist: Utah County No-Ship Math Trade #2 (School's Out Edition)
Request List: Utah County No-Ship Math Trade #2 (School's Out Edition) - REQUESTS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hadlock
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for hosting this. Should be fun for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
When will the exchange be done? And is anybody from Logan heading down there for this? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stokes
United States
Providence
Utah
flag msg tools
It Matters Not What You Fight
badge
But What You Fight For
mbmbmbmbmb
SpiderCircus wrote:
When will the exchange be done? And is anybody from Logan heading down there for this? whistle
Dan,

I am in SLC, but come to Logan for family all the time. I also have two board game friends currently in Logan. Let me know what you need and we may be able to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The exchange is at Boardgame Revolution on Saturday, June 15 from 2:00 - 3:00 PM. You may drop off games earlier and pick up later if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for putting this together, Jeremy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Niekamp
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'm a noob at this and want to make certain I handle the OLWLG correctly.

First, I don't have any duplicates in the list so I know I don't need to worry about dup protection on the wants side currently -- and I know if one comes up later, that there's that nice geeklist/instruction set.

But, am I safe in assuming that if I am willing to trade any of my items for any of my wants, I basically just go through and check EVERY box? So if I want games A and B and am willing to trading both X and Y, I check four boxes? I just don't want to end up needing to have 12 copies of Wooden Ships and Iron Men... shake I assume that the algorithm assigns X to the first game it matches, say A, and then invalidates it for every other trade (game B) -- but we know what happens when you assume.

On the flipside, if I am only willing to trade X for A, and using the four game example above, I would only check 3 boxes: X-A, Y-A, and Y-B. X-B would be unchecked.

Ultimately, I don't care so much if I end up messing up and not getting what I'd like while giving all my stuff away, but I really don't want to leave any of you in the lurch because of my understandings.

Thanks folks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
Close... if you're only willing to trade X for A, out of games X and Y that are being offered and A and B that are games you have, you would only check one box, X/A. If you check X/B that would indicate you're willing to trade your game B for their game X as well.
The OWLGL does automatically keep track of how many games you're offering, so if you list, say, Pretty Pretty Princess as a game you have and you're willing to trade for pretty much any game, even if five people say they want your game, you'll only end up with one trade, and one copy going out. Where each game or game with sweeteners is an individual unique listing, the OWLGL will try to link each listing up with another, then that listing falls out of the equation if successfully linked.
Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you have more questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Niekamp
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dan! I actually did have it right in my head in the X for A trade -- I just inadvertently swapped games owned for games wanted. So, my bad.

Basically, I've gone in and just checked all the boxes because I'd be happy to get anything for anything I'm offering. I'm not expecting much, if anything, out of this trade because I don't really feel like I have much to offer. (I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though.) Plus there are some time constraints to figuring out what I'm willing to trade -- what I offered is what I could find quick to offer.

I should REALLY be packing for my trip tomorrow and hitting my bed -- instead I'm on BGG...

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
I can tell you that I'm hoping for Wooden Ships and Iron Men, as well as the Thieves World game, and wouldn't mind a copy of dragon dice and Tara, so at the least you should be able to get trades for those I'm willing to bet you'll be pleasantly surprised

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last call for new entries!

There is just over an hour left to add games to this math trade. There are already 430 items for trade, which tops the 355 we had last time. Let's make this even more awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
To play is human; to win, divine.
badge
There is no shame in losing, if you remain unafraid to play again. -Losers
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, lots of good games out there. I hope I can walk away with a couple of the ones I really want!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't take the ones I really want!

I thought I might be first to submit a want list, but nope, I was 4th.

I'll probably go back and edit it again tomorrow anyway. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted my want list right away, but have changed it about four times. I predict that I don't get any trades this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
I predict that I don't get any trades this time around.
I'm hoping you get at least 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Current Stats:

MISSING 196 WANTS (43.6%) FROM 17 USER(s) (53.1%)
Num trades = 21 of 255 items (8.2%)
10 of the 15 users who have submitted want have at least one trade (66%)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stokes
United States
Providence
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
But What You Fight For
mbmbmbmbmb
A small plug, but if anyone is interested in any of my games listed, which don't trade, let me know and I would be willing to sell them at a reduced cost and bring them to the swap. FYI.

I hope more people finish their trade lists and the total number of trades rise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, any interested in any of my items, I will be willing to sell, just PM me with interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lam I Am
United States
Highland
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inquisitor Eisenhorn wrote:
A small plug, but if anyone is interested in any of my games listed, which don't trade, let me know and I would be willing to sell them at a reduced cost and bring them to the swap. FYI.

I hope more people finish their trade lists and the total number of trades rise.
Last time 30.1% of the items traded.

I think as zero hour approaches, people will open up their wants a little more, so they will get more trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
Inquisitor Eisenhorn wrote:

Likewise. I was wondering if someone should set up a virtual flea market for delivery at Boardgame revolutions whistle

Also, will people be sticking around or showing up early to play any of the games as well, or is this basically a show up, get stuff, get out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to do a game day starting that morning,

Also love the flea market idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Stokes
United States
Providence
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
But What You Fight For
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there and would love to pass the time by actually playing a game, any ideas of a good 1-2 hour game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

MISSING 179 WANTS (39.8%) FROM 15 USER(s) (46.8%)
Num trades = 22 of 272 items (8.1%)
11 of the 17 users who have submitted wants have at least one trade (65%)

Remember that you have just over 24 hours to submit/update your wants.

If you want to know if you are currently getting a trade (yes or no only, I won't give you a number of trades) geekmail me and I'll let you know. Everyone is allowed to ask ONCE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

MISSING 106 WANTS (23.6%) FROM 10 USER(s) (31.2%)
Num trades = 34 of 345 items (9.9%)
15 of the 22 users who have submitted wants have at least one trade (68%)

Remember that you have until 10 PM tonight to submit/update your wants.

If you want to know if you are currently getting a trade (yes or no only, I won't give you a number of trades) geekmail me and I'll let you know. Everyone is allowed to ask ONCE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Coe
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing wants from the following users:

CptPalmer