Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been rightly pointed out that this game

- can be a tense, luck-free battle of wits with two players, arrrh

- is a much lighter (but nevertheless highly enjoyable) affair with three players, because even "best play" can lose to collective opposition,

- and a little bit on the chaotic side (while still great fun) with four.

As for the latter, it takes on a completely different character when played as a partnership game, two against two, partners sitting across from each other.
In fact, we're right back to the cutthroat spirit of the two-player game then, only that now you can blame your partner if things go pearshaped... surprise
Of course, as always in such cases, "advising" (or bullying...) your partner should be strictly banned. shake

So here's yet another facet of this exceedingly cool little game.
If you haven't done so yet, give it a whirl - you won't regret it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Romano
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ludopath wrote:
it takes on a completely different character when played as a partnership game, two against two, partners sitting across from each other.
I have one quick question:

When you play as a partnership game, does each player have the same color as his/her partner (so that each partner of one team controls the same four penguins), or does each player have his/her own color (and therefore only controls two penguins)?

In other words, if you play a partnership game, are you able to move your partner's penguins, or just the two penguins you place yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantomius wrote:

In other words, if you play a partnership game, are you able to move your partner's penguins, or just the two penguins you place yourself?

Interesting question; it would probably work both ways.

We have always played with movement limited to one's own two penguins, and I guess I would want to stick with this, because it makes for clearer and faster gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls