Subject: Gaming stores on the Big Island of Hawaii rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ignore the fact that while I'm here I should be doing many other things. We plan on driving around through Hilo and Kona and I always like to look for a FLGS that might have a good deal on something. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Zooloretto at the Kona Target last year. Not a FLGS I know, but it was a steal. They had a few other games that I hadn't seen in Targets further north.
Maybe you could find a handcrafted game of konane, if nothing else (not at Target, of course).

And quite apart from board games, if you pass by a parking lot taco stand (only there twice weekly) not too far from Kona, you absolutely must pull over. There are no words to express how good they are.

And you won't believe the price and size of some of the local fruit at the Hilo farmer's market.

And one last tip, you can buy 100% Kona coffee (meaning from that perfect spot in the mountains) for 20$/lb at the Costco by the airport. It will be 35-40 dollars at most other places.

Have a great time!

*edits for typos...got carried away thinking about Hawaii*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome, thanks! I love getting good food tips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Geller
United States
Agoura Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing.....I'm also in kona at the same time. Lucky I brought a few games with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
And if you're a fan of coffee ice cream, some local emporia will have several different varieties (at least on the Kona coast).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls