Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be up in Bridgeville/Seaford area this week and I'm wondering if there are any game stores up there that are worth visiting.

If so, where might they be? arrrh

Thanks!

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Swedlund
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Living in Chicago, I have a very limited knowledge of Delaware game stores.

However, I can definitely say there is a game store about 25-30 miles east in Rehoboth Beach: Beany's Games & Puzzles (http://www.gamesend.com/).

Also 20-25 miles south is Salisbury, MD, which might have something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! When are you going to be in the area? My husband (locusshifter), myself, and three of our friends will be getting together to play games this Saturday. Or anytime as we love games..... There is a gamestore in Salisbury called Illusions Games and Comics as this is where our club meets. Beanies is a nice place. Sometimes the store has more than others as it is in a beach town. We would love to meet you and your wife. Safe journey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! thanks for the info. I love heading to Rehoboth beach - gotta get some Grotto's pizza and those french fries!

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Swedlund
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great googly-moogly, I wish I could get Grotto's pizza and Thrasher's fries (drenched in vinegar) in Chicago. I'll have to settle for my annual summer vacation fix. At least Nicola's will ship Nicobolis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
esswedl wrote:
Living in Chicago, I have a very limited knowledge of Delaware game stores.

However, I can definitely say there is a game store about 25-30 miles east in Rehoboth Beach: Beany's Games & Puzzles (http://www.gamesend.com/).

Also 20-25 miles south is Salisbury, MD, which might have something.

A quick update to this thread -- 25-30 miles east of Rehoboth Beach is well out to sea. Beany's is right on the main avenue in Rehoboth itself. Very limited selection, appeals to families with young children. Well worth a stop with your kids, but don't plan to stumble across a copy of Twilight Struggle.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Swedlund
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sag: you misread my post. I said that Rehoboth is 25-30 miles east of Bridgeville/Seaford. I did not say, "go 30 miles east of Rehoboth."

The one time I visited Beany's, I was pleased with their selection of Euros, such as the Days of Wonder line and basics like Carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim H
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
edit: I rambled a bit, tl;dr if you don't want to leave Rehoboth Beach itself, Fun for All Toys is probably your best bet.

I know this is reviving a very old thread, but I found it before traveling to the east coast to visit friends and family, in which the gf and I took a few days off in Rehoboth beach. We were hoping to be able to purchase a small game or something while in Rehoboth, we weren't up for going to Beany's, but we did find a store called "Fun for All Toys" which had your usual selection of cheap family games that you'd expect to see in a touristy place, but they DID have a few copies of Matt Leacock's Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert! As far as places within the immediate Rehoboth Beach area go, this was the only place that sold anything approaching what this site would consider a proper board game. For anyone interested, it's located in the alley between Rehoboth Ave and Wilmington Ave about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just in Bethany earlier today & found Games & Comics on Garfield, which I believe is the name of the main street that goes to the beach. They had a small but surprisingly thoughtful collection, & I hope it works out for them, squeezed between the surf shops and ice cream parlors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kutza
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I just play games
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't believe that "Yesterday's Fun" in Bethany Beach wasn't mentioned. Great game store with new and used options. Gamer board games and video games too. They also have a store in Rehoboth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix rising is Salisbury is a nice store.

And grottos? Yuck. (Sorry, I'm from northern jersey)
We prefer nicola's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix Rising is "ok". I think only one guy there is really into board games. They do have an ok selection of games, but Friday through the weekend sometimes it can be a bit rank in there...

I Used to like Illusions, they had a great selection of board games,but they have been closed a few years now. Easter Shore of Maryland could certainly use a proper game store. I head up to Newark, DE to Days of Knights once in a while, they have a great selection and plenty of restaurants nearby to appease the wife...lol.

Agree about Grottos...yuk! If you want good pizza at the beach, on rt 50 West OC is J&J's pizza, next to Alex's Restaurant. Best pizza on the shore, hands down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ive only been to phoenix rising once, i cant remember what i was looking for, but they didnt have it in stock.

didnt make it down to salisbury this year when i was in rehoboth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably a good thing to skip Salisbury these days...lol. We avoid it except the occasional run to Sam's Club. Otherwise we stick to West OC/Ocean Pines/Berlin mostly. was just up at Bethany today at Comics &Gaming. Nice little store, but not much for board games. Gonna check out the Toy/game store mentioned here (yesterday's fun in Rehoboth and Bethany) soon, see what they have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have friends who used to live there. they live in mine hill now.

yeah, salisbury isnt the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add, that I have now been to both "Yesterday's Fun" stores, in Rehoboth Beach and Bethany Beach. Both are excellent stores with a pretty good selection of board games (including "gamer games"), and also has very enthusiastic/helpful/polite management/employees. The Bethany Beach store also has a game night next door at a coffee shop on Thursdays through the summer months, and is looking at a "one Saturday a month" gathering on the off-season.

Both stores will have more limited hours once the summer ends, but I highly recommend both locations. The Bethany Beach store is a bit larger, has a small table also in the game area for play/demos. The owner of the Bethany location also played Codenames with us, right by the register, and it was a lot of fun (the guy at Rehoboth location also offered to show us the game, but with 30 minute max parking and having already played at the Bethany location, we had to pass).

The Bethany area is best for accessible parking, as Rehoboth can be a bit of a nightmare to find good parking during the summer months (as it was, the only parking spot we could find was limited to 30 minutes). If you are in Rehoboth though, and can find a spot to park, certainly give the store a look!

All in all, my best recommendation for a game store on the Eastern Shore "Delmarva" area. The selection of vintage and new toys (and vintage video games) was worth the visit also, certainly brought back memories!

http://yesterdaysfun.homestead.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls