MMORPG Tycoon 2 is a single-player game about building the world’s greatest MMORPG - yours.
MMORPG Tycoon 2 is not an MMORPG; it is an entirely single-player game, played locally without any network connection to a server. It is a Tycoon game about running an MMORPG, in the same way that Roller Coaster Tycoon is a game about running a theme park. Build the world, set the rules, wield the banhammer, nerf the classes, and keep your subscribers coming back. All these and more are possible in MMORPG Tycoon 2.
- Build a huge MMORPG world, with well over 200 square kilometers of territory; that's nearly the size of the original release of World of Warcraft.
- Buff and nerf character abilities at your whim.
- Create towns, villages, dungeons, and monster zones.
- Create and edit quests for your subscribers to complete (or let your designers do that for you!)
- Extensive character creation options -- customize all of your player classes, monsters, and NPCs, their appearance, statistics, and attacks.
- Get your subscribers addicted, then raise your prices, or start charging microtransactions!
Source: The Game Press Kit.