- Monster Hunter Stories 2 requires 14 GB of storage space if it is downloaded.
"Oltura" is based on "Photuris", which lure in male firefly prey by imitating the females "acceptance" flash. "Oltura" is heavily light focused - pits of light and its wings having points of light. It also uses light to attract Rathalos, the male of the species.
- Aptonoth, Apceros, Qurupeco, and Azuros are only found in rock dens. Getting gold and rainbow on these monsters is difficult.
- Every Monstie of the same species hatched, will have the same stats (before gold or rainbow hatch bonus is applied).
- Gold and rainbow hatch bonuses are insignificant; they are static and do not scale. However, the rainbow gene is valuable.
- Daimyo Hermitaur, Duramboros, Plesioth, Agnaktor, Tetsucabra, and the Seltas Queen are not ridable monsters.
- A monster's color can change by switching its dominant attack element through gene channeling (only works at level 15 and below).
- The color and element changing were originally going to be a part of the gameplay, but were never finalized. What traces remained in the vanilla release were removed with a patch.
- Elder's Lair new location.
- New Subquests and High Rank/Super High Rank Monster Dens. Elder Dragon eggs can only be found in Super High Rank dens.
- Improved armor and weapons available.
- New monster variants: Pink Rathian, Dreadqueen Rathain, Azure Rathalos, Fulgur Anjanath, Silverwind Nargacuga, Thunderlord Zinogre, Bloodbath Diablos, Grimclaw Tigrex
- New Post-game only monsters: Glavenus, Bazelgeuse, Kirin, Teostra, Rajang, Kushala Daora, Velkhana
- Change Battle Buddies.
- 2 new Co-op Quests and 1 new sub-quest.
- Additional Melynx Exchange Item - Palamute Ticket.
- Some text revisions have been made.
- Bug fixes have been made.
- Access to the content from the Deluxe Kit, as well as the add-on content such as the pre-order bonus.
- Loading times have been reduced.
- Minor bug fixes.
The following monsters are not part of the vanilla game. They were added in with a free digital update:
- Palamute (July 15)
- Kulve Taroth (August 5)
- Hellblade Glavenus (August 5)
- Boltreaver Astalos (August 5)
- Soulseer Mizutsune (First-half September)
- Elderfrost Gammoth (First-half September)
- Oroshi Kirin (First-half September)
- Dreadking Rathalos (Second-half September)
- Molten Tigrex (Second-half September)
- Silver Rathalos (October)
- Gold Rathian (October)