Test your limits with Train Simulator’s Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – Gilroy route, bringing you contemporary Caltrain commuter railroading and Union Pacific freight operations at their challenging finest!
The Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – Gilroy route is an extension to the popular San Francisco – San Jose route, and includes the full length of Caltrain’s dynamic San Francisco – Gilroy commuter operation (77 miles), plus additional Union Pacific freight trackage that extends the total length of the California route to more than 90 miles!
Along Caltrain’s 77 route miles there are 32 station stops stretching from San Francisco’s busy 4th and King Street Station to San Jose’s stylish Diridon Station to Gilroy. Six new stations are included in the extension: Tamien, Capitol, Gilroy, Morgan Hill, San Martin, and Blossom Hill. The route also includes Caltrain’s modern Central Equipment & Maintenance Facility at San Jose and lay-over commuter yards at Gilroy and Tamien.
The Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – Gilroy route features Caltrain’s workhorse Electro-Motive F40PH-2CAT and stylish MPI “MPXpress” MP36PH-3C diesel locomotives as well as the railroad’s Nippon Sharyo and Bombardier cab car and coach bi-level commuter equipment.
The Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – Gilroy route also delivers diverse Union Pacific freight operations, including the expansive pier district of San Francisco Bay, the busy Port of Redwood City, and the rural 14-mile UP Hollister Branch. For freight duties, the Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – Gilroy route includes the versatile Union Pacific Electro-Motive GP38-2 as well as an expanded range of freight rolling stock appropriate to the route.
Train Simulator’s new Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – Gilroy route truly has something for everyone interested in contemporary railroading, and offers an extraordinary diversity of modern American railroading experiences. Test yourself on this challenging route today!
The Peninsula Corridor route includes seven career scenarios featuring the Caltrain Electro-Motive F40PH-2CAT and Nippon Sharyo gallery cars in commuter service and the Union Pacific Electro-Motive GP38-2 in freight and switching duty. Also included are three railfan scenarios.
- [F40PHCC] First Train From Gilroy
- [F40PHCC] Gilroy Return Run
- [GP38] San Francisco Switching
- [GP38]Hollister Local Part 1
- [GP38]Hollister Local Part 2
- [GP38] Switching It Up
- [F40PH] Tamien Shuffle
- [RailFan] Gilroy
- [Railfan] Blossom Hill
- [RailFan] Tamien
- The 77-mile, multi-track Caltrain Peninsula Corridor route south from San Francisco via San Jose and Tamien to Gilroy, California.
- Additional Union Pacific freight trackage bringing the total route distance to 90+ miles.
- Caltrain’s workhorse Electro-Motive F40PH-2CAT and Nippon Sharyo gallery cars
- Distinctive Caltrain MPI MP36PH-3C diesel locomotive and Bombardier bi-level cars.
- Union Pacific Electro-Motive GP38-2 and Union Pacific freight equipment
- 32 authentic Caltrain stations
- Caltrain Central Equipment & Maintenance Facility (CEMOF)
- Seven career scenarios featuring commuter and freight operations on the route
Source: The Publisher Website.