Coal country railroading! The Baltimore & Ohio Kingwood Branch for Train Simulator brings to life classic early 1960s Appalachian railroading.
From the talented team that created the acclaimed Virtual New Haven Springfield Line, the B&O Kingwood Branch route delivers the extraordinary challenges of operating heavy diesel-powered coal trains over steep grades, tight curves, and rugged switchbacks.
Set in the northeast corner of West Virginia, this route is based upon the authentic West Virginia Northern Railroad, but is semi-fictional in that it is re-created as a Baltimore & Ohio branch line operation. The route includes a 10-mile roller coaster line between Kingwood and an interchange with the Baltimore & Ohio main line at Tunnelton and a 7-mile run to a large coal seam at Birds Creek. And along the way, numerous additional rugged spurs fan out up the wooded mountain valleys to wherever coal is produced.
The B&O Kingwood Branch route serves 14 mines including a mix of traditional underground and surface pit mines, as well as truck transfer sites for offline customers. Loads move from the mine tipples to the interchange yard at Tunnelton on the Mountain Sub main line of the B&O. Empties arrive at Tunnelton and are stored along the line and at Kingwood for delivery to customers. The route also includes a variety of non-mining lineside customers and features captivating branch-line passenger services
The Baltimore & Ohio Kingwood Branch route features a superb selection of locomotives, freight, and passenger equipment authentic to the 1960s-operating period. The locomotive is the versatile Electro-Motive GP9 in both B&O’s original livery and 1960s-era “Capitol” scheme. A traditional heavyweight 65-foot coach in B&O livery provides passenger service, and the route provides an extraordinary variety of freight equipment, including B&O class I-5, I-5D, and I-12 cabooses; 36-, 40-, and 50-foot boxcars in multiple liveries (including B&O, Chesapeake & Ohio, and Western Maryland); a B&O flatcar; B&O 52- and 65-foot gondolas; 55-ton and 70-ton coal hoppers in multiple variations and liveries; a tank car, B&O Airslide covered hopper; and wood- and steel refrigerator cars!
The Baltimore & Ohio Kingwood Branch will put you right to work with 13 highly authentic and challenging career scenarios that include freight, switching, and passenger duties as well as training runs on this rugged line. And the route includes a highly detailed and informative manual providing operating information, operating rules, maps, and timetables.
Classic and challenging Appalachian coal railroading awaits you on the Baltimore & Ohio Kingwood Branch route for Train Simulator!
The Baltimore & Ohio Kingwood Branch includes 13 challenging career scenarios including passenger, freight, and switching operations as well as training runs.
- Training Run 1, Tunnelton to Howesville
- Training Run 2, Climbing the Switchback
- Training Run 3, Descending the Switchback
- Work Train to Snider
- Birds Creek Extra, part 1
- Birds Creek Extra, part 2
- Kingwood Coal Turn, part 1
- Kingwood Coal Turn, part 2
- Kingwood Extra
- Passenger Train No 1 - Kingwood to Tunnelton
- Passenger Train No 2 - Tunnelton to Birds Creek
- Passenger Train No 3 - Birds Creek to Tunnelton
- Passenger Train No 4 - Tunnelton to Kingwood
- 1960s B&O Kingwood Branch based upon the West Virginia Northern Railroad, including a 10-mile line between Kingwood and an interchange with the Baltimore & Ohio main line at Tunnelton; 7-mile line to Birds Creek, and numerous additional coal spurs.
- Serves 14 diverse and authentically re-created coal mines as well as numerous non-mining lineside industries
- Features branch-line passenger operations
- B&O Electro-Motive GP9 in original livery and 1960s “Capitol” scheme
- 65-foot heavyweight passenger coach
- An extraordinary variety of freight equipment, including: B&O class I-5, I-5D, and I-12 cabooses; 36-, 40-, and 50-foot boxcars in multiple liveries (including B&O,
- Chesapeake & Ohio, and Western Maryland); B&O flatcar; B&O 52- and 65-foot gondolas; 55-ton and 70-ton coal hoppers in multiple variations and liveries; tank car,
- B&O Airslide covered hopper; and wood- and steel refrigerator cars
- 13 challenging career scenarios featuring passenger, freight, switching operations, and training runs
- Detailed and informative manual with maps, operating rules, and operation instructions
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 209.7 mb
Source: The Publisher Website.